Recalled/Assigned: Panthers recall d-man MacKenzie Weegar from Springfield

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Should be interesting.
Weegar has plenty of AHL experience and has just had his best season yet, so he has probably earned that call-up. Given we're definitely out of the race, this is as good time as any for him to get some NHL time. Might also give us some idea what his potential is at this level.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Oh goody the leagues softest d core somehow gets softer.. Jesus manegment butchered this team beyond belief

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Oh goody the leagues softest d core somehow gets softer.. Jesus manegment butchered this team beyond belief

"cool!"

"Well deserved!"

"Excellent!"

"Should be interesting."

"I'm happy with this!"

Vendetta: "Jesus manegment butchered this team beyond belief"

:shakehead

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
"cool!"

"Well deserved!"

"Excellent!"

"Should be interesting."

"I'm happy with this!"

Vendetta: "Jesus manegment butchered this team beyond belief"

:shakehead

There is absolutely nothing positive about this year outside maybe marchy having a good year sorry.. I don't think anyone here realizes how lucky we were with injuries in the back end.. not once did we have 2 dmen out at the same time.. . Sickening to think if we had to play weegar and kindl at the same time.. I mean good for weegar and he probably has earned it.. but cmon

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
There is absolutely nothing positive about this year outside maybe marchy having a good year sorry.. I don't think anyone here realizes how lucky we were with injuries in the back end.. not once did we have 2 dmen out at the same time.. . Sickening to think if we had to play weegar and kindl at the same time.. I mean good for weegar and he probably has earned it.. but cmon

Sure, but the point of the thread was Weegar being recalled, not "let's talk about how messed up this season was" lol

Just found it funny is all...

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Sure, but the point of the thread was Weegar being recalled, not "let's talk about how messed up this season was" lol

Just found it funny is all...

Every thread changes to that because the season is the biggest let down ever.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
He might be the best 7th round pick the Panthers drafted that actually play for the Panthers haha.

*Forgot about Worrell.

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden
Something to look forward to I guess. Season is done so might as well give some of these young guys a shot to see what they have in their locker. Looking forward too watching Weegar, hoping he does well enough on this callup. :)

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Batting, do you think we'll see Hawryluk get a taste down the stretch?

Not sure...I assume so, but I was thinking they'd bring him up now with Malgin out and that doesn't seem to have happened yet. Didn't think they'd want to just keep rolling with Sgarbossa and Thornton with the season just about over...guess we'll see.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Not sure...I assume so, but I was thinking they'd bring him up now with Malgin out and that doesn't seem to have happened yet. Didn't think they'd want to just keep rolling with Sgarbossa and Thornton with the season just about over...guess we'll see.

Thanks.

I'm predicting an off-season Bjugstad trade. With Barky and Trocheck as 1-2 and Bjugstad seemingly ineffective on the wing, I don't think he fits well enough as a bottom 6 C. I think you package him and try to get a top 6/9 winger or a more suitable 3C.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Thanks.

I'm predicting an off-season Bjugstad trade. With Barky and Trocheck as 1-2 and Bjugstad seemingly ineffective on the wing, I don't think he fits well enough as a bottom 6 C. I think you package him and try to get a top 6/9 winger.

I would like to get a 1st if we can. Although a mid first would be best.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Dude has 9 or 10 points and we want a first for him?

Sure, if we bundle him, but his value this year has to be really low after this season and that he is still signed long term to his deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad