Recalled/Assigned: Panthers recall d-man MacKenzie Weegar from Springfield

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
He never said that! Where are we getting this from?? I was there standing right next to him and he never said those words. I have the full audio of his presser if you'd like to hear it.

Most of us are going off:

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Most of us are going off:

Yes, but those aren't the exact words he used and when he was talking about not playing, he was referencing Tuesday's game. Again, I was there and he never suggested Kindl would always be playing over Weegar. I'll upload the audio of the presser

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Yes, but those aren't the exact words he used and when he was talking about not playing, he was referencing Tuesday's game. Again, I was there and he never suggested Kindl would always be playing over Weegar. I'll upload the audio of the presser
You could've saved us the trouble and pointed this out two pages ago...

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Again, Weegar is coming off 3 games in 3 days, tomorrow would've made it 4 games in 5 days. For christ's sake can we give him a day off and play him after that? Do we really think Kindl is gonna play the rest of the season and they brought up Weegar to skate around in practice for the next month?

I know you all want to find the smallest thing to bash Rowe about, but this is ridiculous. The kid didn't even make it in time for practice today. Can we let a 23-year old prospect making his NHL debut get a full team practice in before he plays?

I think Malgin was it or some other Prospect last Year who play 2 Games in 24 Hours. Where is the difference between 2 Games in 24 Hours from call up to 4th Game in 5 Days??

Its a stress Situation for him, mental and physical maybe too. But other once gone trough this befor.

And in that Point Soupy is right 30yr vs talented Prospect. I would go with Weegar. Money is not everything.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I think Malgin was it or some other Prospect last Year who play 2 Games in 24 Hours. Where is the difference between 2 Games in 24 Hours from call up to 4th Game in 5 Days??

Its a stress Situation for him, mental and physical maybe too. But other once gone trough this befor.

And in that Point Soupy is right 30yr vs talented Prospect. I would go with Weegar. Money is not everything.

Let's not grasp at straws here. Weegar not playing the first possible game when he comes up after a 3 in 3 series is not the end of the world. We aren't making the playoffs so it makes no difference if Kindl plays a game or not.

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
Just to clarify, Rowe said that they are "going with Kindl."

He didn't specify if that meant just for Tuesday or for as long as Ekblad is out.

In the end, I assume that Kindl's play/Florida's place in the standings will end up determining if Weegar makes his debut or not, but I definitely wouldn't rule it out.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Let's not grasp at straws here. Weegar not playing the first possible game when he comes up after a 3 in 3 series is not the end of the world. We aren't making the playoffs so it makes no difference if Kindl plays a game or not.

And it also makes no sense to call up a talented prospect to sit him in the press box. Leave him down there to continue developing and call up Regner if you're just looking for someone to scratch.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
And it also makes no sense to call up a talented prospect to sit him in the press box. Leave him down there to continue developing and call up Regner if you're just looking for someone to scratch.

regner is injured ;)

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Jesus guy if he's up here and doesn't play then start crying.. but ya him not playing immediately is fine.. maybe he can even meet all the players before he plays.. man talk about blowing nothing out of proportion.. let it play out..

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

He'll most likely play and even if he doesn't, practicing with NHL players and being rewarded with the NHL lifestyle plus the increase in pay for doing well makes plenty of sense.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

I think i have nothing big to say only to mention. More Rest for Weegar?

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Would like if hawryluk was given 2 games before the end of the season just to get his feet wet and get a feeling for the pace.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
There hasn't been a team practice since the day he was called up.

Team practice does not equal a morning skate. Morning skates aren't practices.

Oh so when I got ripped for saying that last year and there isn't much practice time in a condensed schedule to fix pp I guess I was right all along? Just wanted to clarify lol

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
We can't put weegar in for our playoff push!!111111

But yeah, I want him, Hawryluk and Mccoshen up for a game or two each. Give them a taste.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
evidentally can't afford to play him during our playoff run. i guess same with barberra.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
evidentally can't afford to play him during our playoff run. i guess same with barberra.

Its only 6 Points with one Game ahead of Tor, you can´t see the bigger View over it. We coming from behind when anyone things, their in the PO for sure.

Their is no Place to give some Prospects some NHL Games smell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad