Proposal: Panthers Rangers

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
We would not and why is Florida adding here? Not shitting on Miller, just curious as the reasoning.

Lundell wouldn't be the guy Zito would move in that scenario. Lundy was Zito's first draft pick, he's not going to move him for a first, it would have to be something he can't say no to.

I was asking if fla would. I honestly dont know their needs. Was just looking at value.

Reason for FLA to add. Miller has higher total upside, and could play on first pairing d if u want right now.

Lundell is at best a 2c right now, and i dont see 1c potential put of him. I think he would top out as a high end 2c if all goes right.

Both are having “down” years.

I personally am not sold on Miller, but i know others think higher of him. Plus he is a freakish athlete where if he actually puts it together he is a monster. There is a legit argument that he started playing as a defensemen late and is still learning it.

So basically the add is for the extra high end potential miller has. So the pick would most likely be late second round or late third round which has some value, but not really a ton.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I was asking if fla would. I honestly dont know their needs. Was just looking at value.

Reason for FLA to add. Miller has higher total upside, and could play on first pairing d if u want right now.

Lundell is at best a 2c right now, and i dont see 1c potential put of him. I think he would top out as a high end 2c if all goes right.

Both are having “down” years.

I personally am not sold on Miller, but i know others think higher of him. Plus he is a freakish athlete where if he actually puts it together he is a monster. There is a legit argument that he started playing as a defensemen late and is still learning it.

So basically the add is for the extra high end potential miller has. So the pick would most likely be late second round or late third round which has some value, but not really a ton.
Sorry for the late reply, but I’m not sure I buy that Miller is a ready to go top pair guy, and you seem to agree with the later statements. He definitely has the tools, though.

Lundell played his best when lined up with Reino and Marchment. He slipped a bit when he had a much more defensively minded grinder in Luostairinen instead of Marchy, but still had Reino a lot of the time. This year he has Listerine all the time and has had a mix of Samoskevich, Cousins, and Lomberg on his other wing and while the production isn’t there, the defense has been. And, he’s produced while filling in for Barkov.

So, he needs producing guys on his wing to produce, but he’s 22, very defensively responsible, and has a lot of room to grow still. Maybe the Cats would need to add, but these are both interesting players to watch during their careers. I don’t see either team wanting to move away from either, unless a deal comes along their GMs can’t refuse.

Edit: sorry @Ruggs225 lots of double words in there. Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Ruggs225

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Rangers get Anton Lundell
Panthers get 1st round 24.

Who knows if Chytil will play again. Rangers should look for someone in the same age range. Not someone who is an UFA at season ends. Would this be fair? As a Rangers fan I feel Lundell has 60-70 point potential still.
Rangers add Kakko.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Sorry for the late reply, but I’m not sure I buy that Miller is a ready to go top pair guy, and you seem to agree with the later statements. He definitely has the tools, though.

Lundell played his best when lined up with Reino and Marchment. He slipped a bit when he had a much more defensively minded grinder in Luostairinen instead of Marchy, but still had Reino a lot of the time. This year he has Listerine all the time and has had a mix of Samoskevich, Cousins, and Lomberg on his other wing and while the production isn’t there, the defense has been. And, he’s produced while filling in for Barkov.

So, he needs producing guys on his wing to produce, but he’s 22, very defensively responsible, and has a lot of room to grow still. Maybe the Cats would need to add, but these are both interesting players to watch during their careers. I don’t see either team wanting to move away from either, unless a deal comes along their GMs can’t refuse.

Edit: sorry @Ruggs225 lots of double words in there. Lol
No worries. Makes perfect sense what you said. And im on the record that i dont think miller will become a first pairing dman. But many people think he will and trouba is holding him back. Age wise Miller is only 24 so its pretty close.

Would miller even fit a need for the cats? Just curious.

I know lundell would fit a huge one for us.

Would be a fun trade to watch unfold though.

But yeah, teams rarely make these types of moves in fear they lose big time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad