Proposal: Panthers Rangers

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Funniest thing is Lundell could arguably be a Ranger right now if they didn't win the Laf lottery by sheer stupidity but LOL @ this

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Stupidity of who, Bettman? Yes I agree.

That lottery was the dumbest way the league could've decided it, arguably the top 7 teams who didn't play in the play in that year should've had a chance at 1 and then the other teams after that for 2/3, I'm just talking about the irony of a Lundell trade thread when he's a probably a Ranger if they didn't win that lol

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Lol why in the world would Florida do this? Terrible value and they make their team worse for what will be a non lottery 1st round pick. Just brutal.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
This should work. Avs need a 2C, so they can trade their 1st + 4th to the Rangers for Lundell. The Rangers can then use the Avs picks to get a 3C + something else.

am I doing this right?

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
To be clear up front--Florida has no reason to accept a 1st rounder for Lundell.

From the Rangers PoV, I'm not sold enough on Lundell to offer a 1st. He could break out, but right now, he looks like a rich man's Brett Howden, and he's been trending down each year. He's a dice roll. For Florida, since they're already holding the dice, it behoves them to roll. For the Rangers, why pay a premium for a maybe? I'd rather they add to the 1st to bring in more of a sure thing.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Rangers get Anton Lundell
Panthers get 1st round 24.

Who knows if Chytil will play again. Rangers should look for someone in the same age range. Not someone who is an UFA at season ends. Would this be fair? As a Rangers fan I feel Lundell has 60-70 point potential still.
Rangers add. 2024 draft looks meh. Throw in Kakko.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020

Who knows if Chytil will play again. Rangers should look for someone in the same age range. Not someone who is an UFA at season ends. Would this be fair? As a Rangers fan I feel Lundell has 60-70 point potential still.
You need to add not giving you him for a pick ....1st top prospect just to get it started don't see them trading him though .....

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022

There was a separate thread about Lundell I created and price was definitely higher. Believe me, if FLA ever thinks about it, teams like MTL will pay high. FLA will have seriou problem with cap situation during off-season with too many free agents, but it does not make sense for them to get rid of Lundell who is cost-controlled RFA. You would need to bring really intriguing deal for them to accept it.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
There was a separate thread about Lundell I created and price was definitely higher. Believe me, if FLA ever thinks about it, teams like MTL will pay high. FLA will have seriou problem with cap situation during off-season with too many free agents, but it does not make sense for them to get rid of Lundell who is cost-controlled RFA. You would need to bring really intriguing deal for them to accept it.

What cap problems?
One of Bobrovsky or Ekblad could be moved and there's no issues at all.
And we wouldn't trade Lundell to Montreal of all places.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
What cap problems?
This! X3
To be clear up front--Florida has no reason to accept a 1st rounder for Lundell.

From the Rangers PoV, I'm not sold enough on Lundell to offer a 1st. He could break out, but right now, he looks like a rich man's Brett Howden, and he's been trending down each year. He's a dice roll. For Florida, since they're already holding the dice, it behoves them to roll. For the Rangers, why pay a premium for a maybe? I'd rather they add to the 1st to bring in more of a sure thing.
He’s really not, Lundell’s best year he was lined up with Marchment and Reino, he’s since been lined with Luostairinen (who’s not nearly as offensively gifted/minded as Marchment that year) and Reino most of last year, and Listerine again this year with a mix of Samoskevich, Cousins, and Lomberg. So the solid offensive partners haven’t been on his wings in those “trending down” years, but he’s been more productive in Barkov’s spot as he’s dealt with injuries. So, I think he has a lot more production left in him and hes very defensively gifted while willing to play the roles Maurice places him in.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
What cap problems?
Right, by cap problem I mean that you need to compromise as you will not be able to keep all your current players and stay under the cap. Reinhart, Lundell, Montour, Forsling are all free agent who will require salary increase and you still need to sign bunch of other guys.
Sure, nobody wants to trade to division rivals. My point was that MTL would be definitely looking for young left-handed center with top 6 potential, which gives you at least one more suitor who has solid trade chips. Therefore, original proposal of NYR 1st 2024 sounds ridiculous and price would be definitely higher.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Right, by cap problem I mean that you need to compromise as you will not be able to keep all your current players and stay under the cap. Reinhart, Lundell, Montour, Forsling are all free agent who will require salary increase and you still need to sign bunch of other guys.
Sure, nobody wants to trade to division rivals. My point was that MTL would be definitely looking for young left-handed center with top 6 potential, which gives you at least one more suitor who has solid trade chips. Therefore, original proposal of NYR 1st 2024 sounds ridiculous and price would be definitely higher.

I think some FLA fans would agree with you about possible cap problems at the start of the year.

But now that Montour and Lundell have taken a step back, they likely won't command what we initially thought.

Forsling, Reinhart and Lundell are the key signings.
Montour isn't a guarantee. If Ekblad isn't moved, Montour likely walks and vice versa. If Ekblad is traded, Montour stays at a cap hit under $7.5 mil, probably something closer to $5.75 to 6 million.

If you stay in Florida, you're taking a hair cut and the players know this.
And Zito likely promotes 2-3 prospects full time. It's not as dire as some outsiders think it is.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Cant see a team trading a top young prospect, which has affirmed his value, for a pick
As someone wrote above, thats not how this works.
More likely to get a guy like Lundell for a guy like Miller, who some impatient NYR fans suddenly think trading might actually improve their success

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Cant see a team trading a top young prospect, which has affirmed his value, for a pick
As someone wrote above, thats not how this works.
More likely to get a guy like Lundell for a guy like Miller, who some impatient NYR fans suddenly think trading might actually improve their success
I would trade miller for lundell and a 2nd or 3rd.

Not sure if FLA would.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Alvin literally just traded beuvillier to clear cap so he could trade for Zadorov.
What im saying is that most of time the acquiring team isnt making a trade in order to then flip that asset. It happens with basement teams on occassion to try and acquire futures at the deadline. Any competitor is identifying the players they want to try and win and acquiring them if possible.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I would trade miller for lundell and a 2nd or 3rd.

Not sure if FLA would.
We would not and why is Florida adding here? Not shitting on Miller, just curious as the reasoning.
Alvin literally just traded beuvillier to clear cap so he could trade for Zadorov.
Lundell wouldn't be the guy Zito would move in that scenario. Lundy was Zito's first draft pick, he's not going to move him for a first, it would have to be something he can't say no to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad