Proposal: Panthers Rangers

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Rangers get Anton Lundell
Panthers get 1st round 24.

Who knows if Chytil will play again. Rangers should look for someone in the same age range. Not someone who is an UFA at season ends. Would this be fair? As a Rangers fan I feel Lundell has 60-70 point potential still.

• Haha
Reactions: Ignite111

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado

Who knows if Chytil will play again. Rangers should look for someone in the same age range. Not someone who is an UFA at season ends. Would this be fair? As a Rangers fan I feel Lundell has 60-70 point potential still.
Why do the Panthers do this?

Yes but they can flip the first round pick for something else. Rangers need a 3rd line center. Always been a fan of Lundell.
Yeah thats not how this works. Teams dont make trades so that they can then make another trade. Its failed bernmeister-esque logic.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
There is no way Florida does this. They are a serious contender both now and in the immediate future.

Selling off players for magic beans (ie, draft picks) is what losing/rebuilding teams do... and even they don't tend to move away from a young guy like Lundell. And when they do it's either a lateral move to fix an immediate need, or it's because they just don't have a choice, cap-wise. None of this applies to Florida...

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Why do the Panthers do this?

Yeah thats not how this works. Teams dont make trades so that they can then make another trade. Its failed bernmeister-esque logic.

In fairness, there were quite a few pick flips last year. Toronto traded for O’Reilly and then backfilled their futures pool by dealing Sandin. Washington only had the pick because of the Orlov trade. Horvat turned into Hronek indirectly. The Lundkvist pick was used similarly (Tarasenko), albeit the timeline more spaced out.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Why not trade Lundell for a guy like Lindholm who has proven to be magic with Tkachuk?
Cause he’s been magical with Bennett and Verhaeghe, and we get to keep Lundell, Bennett and Verhaeghe by not getting Lindholm.

Sorry, makes zero sense to move on from Lundell. I agree he has more in him, right now he’s cost controlled and not looking to get a huge raise…we need that. He’s also very defensively sound, which we also need.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

A player drafted 12OA in 2020
on year 3 of an ELC
a player who isn’t a bust

you think a pick in the 20s is what it takes to acquire him?

thrn Florida uses thr pick to acquire a replacement thst costs more in terms of valuable cap space.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
If you think he has 60-70 point potential, would you trade him for a 1st? The answer is the same for the other team who may think he has 60-70 point potential.

They don't trade him to us for a 1st.

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016
Lundell Will be The bext 2C on the Panthers, he is not puttning up a ton of points, but Maurice can match Lundell/Luostarinen against other teams scoring lines while Barkov rests or heals and at least break even.

Put a sniper with those two instead of Nick Cousins and you will get the production.

Biiig no from Florida.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Anton Lundell is worth than all of the shit hole city of Manhattan combined

—A Manhattan Lundell fan

Reactions: Ail

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I see my name being taken in vain. fortunately for you, I am not God, only one who would serve Him.

But I am not surprised given you are one of my most persistent detractors, often critical w/o a worthy basis, who would insist if I said water was wet, you would persist with no it is not.

1. get real
2. logic > if not >>>>>>>>>>>>> irrational bs

You guys keep saying this but Bern’s been great for months now
THANKS!

I am not a bern enthusiast, but can you call ideas failures if they are all so crazy that none will ever happen?
Whether or not they happen is not the proper benchmark. The ? is should they be done b'c it is worthwhile + on paper sufficiently profitable to participants.

Also, over time, I am often if not usually proven right.
For example, we know I pushed for them to sell high on Buch, among other vets.
They did not listen.
Rs wound up selling him w/only a sliver of rfa status remaining, so the return was properly MUCH less.
That might not have been as obvious as when I had several props moving Buch but in hindsight we now see I was correct.

A player drafted 12OA in 2020
on year 3 of an ELC
a player who isn’t a bust

you think a pick in the 20s is what it takes to acquire him?

thrn Florida uses thr pick to acquire a replacement thst costs more in terms of valuable cap space.
this ^
Why involve Florida when the Rangers could just trade thst for a rental.

or they could have just drafted Byfield……
NO, no more effin rentals, OP is wrong there.

Teams love to make trades that then require them to make another trade as a result of the first trade….
People want simple solutions to complex problems, but usually that is wrong.
In reality, you first undertake complicated solutions that actually work, and refine afterwards to smooth edges as much as possible.

While it is often not obvious w/everything on full display at sq1, moves beget follow up moves which beget more moves, usually reacting to earlier decisions.
Hence while the 'require' may not be immediate, it is not accurate to infer that all moves are in a vacuum without any related follow up

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00