Post-Game Talk: Panthers @ Rangers - Groundhog's Day/RIP in peace Papa John's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2012
NY
Which is a pretty nice contrast considering the MSG broadcast crew is constantly sucking the rangers proverbial ****

Really? I don't get that feeling most of the time. Take Joe for example. I know people call him Homer Joe, but I don't see it.

The amount of time he spends praising Mike Smith's puckhandling, Jeff Skinner's skating, Ovechkin's shooting, or the Penguins center depth is ridiculous.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Really? I don't get that feeling most of the time. Take Joe for example. I know people call him Homer Joe, but I don't see it.

The amount of time he spends praising Mike Smith's puckhandling, Jeff Skinner's skating, Ovechkin's shooting, or the Penguins center depth is ridiculous.

Seriously. Am I watching a different channel? They fawn over the competition any time they have any extraprdinary skill in the lineup.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL

Seriously. Am I watching a different channel? They fawn over the competition any time they have any extraprdinary skill in the lineup.

I feel the same way about Jack Edwards and Andy Brickley. They get mentioned among the worst homers in the league, but I find that whenever I watch a Bruins game, they heap praise on the other team. Even when we play them.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Which is a pretty nice contrast considering the MSG broadcast crew is constantly sucking the rangers proverbial ****

That's funny, I find their constant fawning over the opposition and their best players to be far more noticeable. Sam and Joe seem to go through pains to try and be neutral by talking up the other team. Aside from being happy when the Rangers score and win, I think they spend more time talking about the strengths of the other team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad