Post-Game Talk: Panthers @ Rangers - Groundhog's Day/RIP in peace Papa John's

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Barkov was a +24 in corsi tonight. The next closest skater that wasn't his linemate was Kulikov at +10. That's........wow.......domination.

Whatever...

The Rangers be like

c3a1eb5478ace53f55c3f5baac7f8869229674c894a68685e670c82ab0497be2.jpg

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Was at this game! Very fun game to watch live. Luongo gave up so many rebounds and the Rangers smartly capitalized. 6 goals is the ticket the team needed to bust out of whatever scoring drought they were in.

I got to give AV and his staff major props for their coaching moves. Excellent line juggling and putting their players in spots to succeed! Brass played shift on 2 lines, Hayes bounced around a bit in the third but just a really nice job overall!

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
I don't agree with Staal being bad on the 3rd Panther goal. Klein abandoned his assignment to cover absolutely nobody and Staal had to switch off. It wasn't the right play, but I see why he did it.

BB58

Dec 26, 2010
Cave
Outside of Klein, our Dmen has been making too many miscues throughout the season. This is something AV needs to address.

Uglybstrd

Apr 10, 2012
Rollercoaster game, very glad we managed to get the 2 points.
Could have gone both ways. Hank was very good, had no chance on the goals.

Hagelin with 8 shots. I cannot remember any of them, except the penalty shot :laugh:

Nash was strong, as usual. Glass was useless, as usual.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Ugly but entertaining game tonight.

If the Rangers play like this in the playoffs, we'll be out in the first round in 5 games. Lundqvist was terrific despite giving up 3 goals. Blown coverages, awful turnovers, and questionable passing. Fortunate to have turned this one around.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
3 points behind Isles with a game in hand. 2 points behind Pens with 2 games in hand.

Vidic15*

Al just gave a shoutout to all the fans in Norway that watch.

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
You mean the D that is what,3rd in the league goals against? Yea those guys suck get rid of al of them...They have clues for sale in aisle 3

-The defense ABSOLUTELY NEEDS to be addressed. The 2nd half of that 2nd period was abysmal. Absolutely horrible.

-Anyone notice that if Carl Hagelin scored on that penalty shot, we'd have had a Mario Lemieux night? Nash SH, Nash EN, Boyle ES, Hayes PP.

-Hank was pretty good tonight.

-I liked that Hayes line but I hated every other line.

-Glass' useless hit at the end of the game bought him another three games (thanks Dactyl).

-Oh, and Glass ****ing sucks.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Outside of Klein, our Dmen has been making too many miscues throughout the season. This is something AV needs to address.

And yet the Rangers are 4th in the league in GA/GP. I suppose you could argue that that's due to goaltending, but many people here think Hank has been underwhelming overall as well.

All defenders make mistakes, on every team. That's how goals are scored. Fortunately for us the Rangers defenders tend to do so less often than most other teams, hence them winning a lot.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
And yet the Rangers are 4th in the league in GA/GP. I suppose you could argue that that's due to goaltending, but many people here think Hank has been underwhelming overall as well.

All defenders make mistakes, on every team. That's how goals are scored. Fortunately for us the Rangers defenders tend to do so less often than most other teams, hence them winning a lot.

This game was awful. The Rangers, and Lundqvist, have been pretty good defensively since about mid-November.

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
God forbid the puck gets caught up in Staals skates and cant make a crisp play out of the zone...Get rid of him he sucks! Some need to look at why the puck ended up in his skates and think before you type

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

Our defense has been poor and Lundqvist has had a bad season. And yet, we're somehow like third in GA/G. Amazing how that works.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Disclaimer: Please note 2014 refers to April-May during the SC playoffs.

Not really - he already has 5 more goals in 17 less games than he had all of last year.

He's been a force this season and it's pretty clear the concussion changed his play last year. Can't say a negative thing about the guy this year. Nothing. MVP type season for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad