Panthers PG *STANDINGS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
RULES:
1. Cannot pick a player who's already been picked(first come first serve).
2. May not pick the same player 2 consecutive times.
3. May not pick first two consecutive times.
4. Thread may be made 24hrs prior to puck drop(anyone can start the points game thread).
5. Player picking ends at puck drop.
6. Specify player if there is more than two of the same name. ex. B.Schenn or L. Schenn. not just Schenn.(0 points awarded if you fail to do so).
7. *If you aren't able to make a pick on time, you can message a fellow member to select a pick for you.*

POINTS SCORING:

Players:

Goal: 2pts
Assist: 1pt
Hat Trick: 10pts
4 goals: 20pts
5 for Fighting: 1pt
Gordie Howe Hat Trick(G, A, Fight): 5pts
5 Minute Major and Game Misconduct: -1pt
*Picking the same players 2 games in a row: -1pt* Also note If you catch it, you are allowed to take that players pick, resulting in an automatic -1 to their score.

Goalies:

Win/OT/Shoot Out Win: 2pts
Loss: -1pt
OT/Shoot Out Loss: 1pt
Shutout: 2pts
Picking Goalie that comes off the bench: 5pts(I.E. Montoya comes in any time during the game to replace Luo you are awarded 5pts).
Goal: 5pts
Assist: 2pts
5 for fighting: 1pt

Points Game Winner:
2014/2015: :win:FlaPanthers11:win:

Last edited:

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Hey guys, I used to do this literally a decade ago on another sports board. I'm just curious if you'd be into doing a points game for this season. Winner basically gets bragging rights. Anyone on HF is allowed to play.

So basically every Panthers game you pick a player from Florida or their opponent. First come first serve basis.

The only rules are you can't pick 1st twice and you can't pick the same player twice. Example: If I pick Bjugstad against TBay and he's available for picking against NJ I can't take him.

Points system.
Players:

Goal - 1pt
Assist - 1pt
Hat Trick - 5pts
5 for Fighting - 1pt
Gordie Howe Hat Trick(G, A, Fight) - 5pts

Goalies:

Win/OT/Shoot Out Win - 2pts
Loss- -1pt
OT/Shoot Out Loss - 1pt
Shutout - 2pts
Picking Goalie that comes off the bench - 5pts(I.E. Montoya comes in any time during the game to replace Luo you are awarded 5pts).

Basically you just copy and paste the guy above you and add your player.

Big Bjugs - Barkov
Player 2 - Stamkos
Player 3 - Campbell

And so on and so forth. I will do my best to update points asap and post them here once we get things under way.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. I just want to know if their is enough interest.
Seems like fun. I'll take Stamkos for the opener based on 38 points in 31 games against us.

KittysGotClaws

We See Red
Dec 17, 2008
N of BB&T
Sounds like fun. When you say you can't pick the same player twice, does that mean in a row, or never again? Like, I'm taking Bishop here. The next time we play Tampa, am I banned from taking Bishop?

Benched - Stamkos
KittysGotClaws - Bishop

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
Sounds like fun. When you say you can't pick the same player twice, does that mean in a row, or never again? Like, I'm taking Bishop here. The next time we play Tampa, am I banned from taking Bishop?

Benched - Stamkos
KittysGotClaws - Bishop

In a row. It generally applies to the ones picking Panther players unless its a back to back against TBay then you can't pick Bishop for both games.

Last edited:

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
I will have to keep this thread for questions and standings only. Each points game will require its own thread. Once I've updated it the standings from the previous games it can be deleted.

You can only start picking 24hrs before the game starts so Wednesday at 4:30pm ET/7:30pm PT anyone can start the Fla vs TB points game thread.

I just want to get a feel so don't post your picks here.

Last edited:

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I got Bjugs.

Benched - Stamkos
KittysGotClaws - Bishop
barkovcanfinnish-Pirri
AJRBuffalo - Bjugstad

Guess I'll take Huby.

Big Bjugs - Barkov
Benched - Stamkos
KittysGotClaws - Bishop
barkovcanfinnish-Pirri
AJRBuffalo - Bjugstad
Ghoste - Huby

-ghoste

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
Haha no this thread isn't for the picks this will be for the standings. Wednesday at 430 any one of us can start a Fla vs TB points game thread.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Suggestion for rest of year: someone posts ET/PT time that it will be posted approx on game days for European/out of area fans. Or does that take away the random fun of the first posting??

N/M if 24 hr rule to puck drop.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
BigNickBjugstad had the biggest game picking Anderson for a win and shutout notching him 4pts and the sole leader.

Would be nice if we could score some frigin goals and make this more interesting lol.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
BigNickBjugstad had the biggest game picking Anderson for a win and shutout notching him 4pts and the sole leader.

Would be nice if we could score some frigin goals and make this more interesting lol.

Just pick the opponents goalie :laugh:

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
Did you not add points from the NJ game?

Ya I did. Nobody picked Gelinas or Severson who would have got you 2 and 3 pts respectively. Clowe and Ruutu were good for 2pts each that wen't untouched. Zajac, Zubrus and Jagr didn't register a single point and Luo got the pull and loss so whoever picked Luo got -1 and no one had picked Montoya for the 5pts.

Then of course with the guys(like myself) picking Panthers players, well you know how well that turned out.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Ya I did. Nobody picked Gelinas or Severson who would have got you 2 and 3 pts respectively. Clowe and Ruutu were good for 2pts each that wen't untouched. Zajac, Zubrus and Jagr didn't register a single point and Luo got the pull and loss so whoever picked Luo got -1 and no one had picked Montoya for the 5pts.

Then of course with the guys(like myself) picking Panthers players, well you know how well that turned out.

I thought I had pts on Upshall? Reads zero in OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille