Rumor: Panthers open to moving Demers for right price (upd: trade with Yotes in the works?)

rrekaj13

Jun 15, 2012
New Jersey
Would the Panthers have any interest in Henrique? The Devils are desperate for a top 4 D, and Henrique has become much more expendable with Marcus Johansson traded in, but I don't know if Henrique fills a need for you guys.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Would the Panthers have any interest in Henrique? The Devils are desperate for a top 4 D, and Henrique has become much more expendable with Marcus Johansson traded in, but I don't know if Henrique fills a need for you guys.
NJ is probably on his 8 team M-NTC list. :)

rrekaj13

Jun 15, 2012
New Jersey
NJ is probably on his 8 team M-NTC list. :)

Yeah - it would probably be on mine too if I was an NHLer at this point, but in the hypothetical that it isn't on his list / he would waive - is there mutual interest between the front offices?

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Yeah - it would probably be on mine too if I was an NHLer at this point, but in the hypothetical that it isn't on his list / he would waive - is there mutual interest between the front offices?
Tallon has a mandate for an internal cap of $65M although he won't admit it. Kovy was likely on his radar until he signed Vrbata, so I think anything involving him is off the table.

NJ would be nutz to trade Henrique for Demers. Tallon supposedly had a deal done in Vancouver to bring back Gudbranson for Demers, which should tell you all you need to know about Demers value at this point. My guess is all it would take would be a 4th to a 7th rounder and Tallon would probably eat $500K of his salary for the next 4 years. But alas I wouldn't get your hopes up as Demers squashed the Gudbranson trade. :)

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton

I would do demers for Henrique no question.. seems like a good deal for both .. Henrique would excel as a 3c here and be a great pivot for the young wingers.. demers is a fine top4 d but too much of what we already have... but we r already at our limit so can't happen

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
still probably find a way to move him, after pysyk's deal and filling up the rest of the roster we'd still have to move demers to come in right around at 10mil under.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Tallon has a mandate for an internal cap of $65M although he won't admit it. Kovy was likely on his radar until he signed Vrbata, so I think anything involving him is off the table.

NJ would be nutz to trade Henrique for Demers. Tallon supposedly had a deal done in Vancouver to bring back Gudbranson for Demers, which should tell you all you need to know about Demers value at this point. My guess is all it would take would be a 4th to a 7th rounder and Tallon would probably eat $500K of his salary for the next 4 years. But alas I wouldn't get your hopes up as Demers squashed the Gudbranson trade. :)

I'm not sure what Shero has planned for the NJD. He seems to be moving away from rebuilding even though he's doesn't anything spectacular in his prospect pipeline. Hischier is the #1 pick but I wouldn't make that conclusion based on his skillset. Zacha, Hall, McLeod, Bastian.. are decent pieces but I wouldn't be confident that those are the ingredients for a championship team. Demers has the NJD probably in his NTC but Shero might want a guy like Demers on his team if he already acquired Johansson for picks.

Demers did good by nixing the Canucks-trade if Guds was coming back. :)

Ekblad

Mar 10, 2010
Miami, Florida
I'm not sure what Shero has planned for the NJD. He seems to be moving away from rebuilding even though he's doesn't anything spectacular in his prospect pipeline. Hischier is the #1 pick but I wouldn't make that conclusion based on his skillset. Zacha, Hall, McLeod, Bastian.. are decent pieces but I wouldn't be confident that those are the ingredients for a championship team. Demers has the NJD probably in his NTC but Shero might want a guy like Demers on his team if he already acquired Johansson for picks.

Demers did good by nixing the Canucks-trade if Guds was coming back. :)

Id take Guds back, but not on that contract and not thru trade. If he wants to sign as a UFA with us next year, Id be extatic.

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I would take Henrique back.

What about Demers+ for JVR? Some Leafs fans liked the idea because they need defense and JVR was the name they were throwing around as to who's expendable and can get them a top 4 d-man.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I would take Henrique back.

What about Demers+ for JVR? Some Leafs fans liked the idea because they need defense and JVR was the name they were throwing around as to who's expendable and can get them a top 4 d-man.

Was is the +. Just a pick I assume? I would do it for sure.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
What is the Situation so far is their any chance we will see Demers get moved or will he stay pissed with the Team.
I mean the Demers Situation is not the best, could be worse with the beginning of the Training Camp in 3 Month.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
i hope he stays. serves management right for giving all those over priced contracts last year. i'm at the point where i'd like to see them simmer in their own failures for a while. plus demers is a very serviceable dman and doesn't hurt the team with his performance.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Someone must want him but I'm sure he doesn't want to leave Florida. He'll be better next year.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
hold him let him gain value this year. IF were out of it we can demand a descent return at the deadline with some proper competition for him

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
The correct move right now is to hold on to Demers.

Let's see how he does with actual coaching this season.

If an opportunity presents itself, move him for a winger.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
hold him let him gain value this year. IF were out of it we can demand a descent return at the deadline with some proper competition for him

The Question is how much motivated he will be after this Off-Season non trade. I dont say i can´t be a good Season but makes the "new" Start for both sides complicated.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
The Question is how much motivated he will be after this Off-Season non trade. I dont say i can´t be a good Season but makes the "new" Start for both sides complicated.

Maybe, but players know this is a business.
And with a "different" GM in charge, sometimes plans change on philosophy.

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Would't Demers actually work even harder to proof his value?, I means these players are professionals, they just know that pouting in the corner is the wrong move. if anything he has a great motivation.

I still think he gets moved once the season get started and a couple of defensemen go down because of long term injuries, that usually forces the hand of those teams sitting on the fence.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Would't Demers actually work even harder to proof his value?, I means these players are professionals, they just know that pouting in the corner is the wrong move. if anything he has a great motivation.

I still think he gets moved once the season get started and a couple of defensemen go down because of long term injuries, that usually forces the hand of those teams sitting on the fence.

It doesn't matter. If he fails and gets bought out, the Cats will pony $10mil over 8 years and he still gets to pick another deal from another team. He actually might make more bank via buyout process.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad