Rumor: Panthers open to moving Demers for right price (upd: trade with Yotes in the works?)

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Pierre LeBrun‏Verified account @PierreVLeBrun · 5m5 minutes ago

Not surprising given that he was left unprotected for the expansion draft, but the Panthers are open to moving Jason Demers for right price

Last edited by a moderator:

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden

Not surprising given that he was left unprotected for the expansion draft, but the Panthers are open to moving Jason Demers for right price

Logical move, just hope it will be for a winger if he goes.

Swede93

Sep 14, 2009

I know it's in the same division, but wonder if we could send him to Sens for Bobby Ryan. He'd do well here with our skilled forwards and they just lost Methot, looking for a top 4 replacement.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I have mixed feelings about this.

On one hand, I don't really care for Demers as a player and don't see him as a fit to our current roster, so I'd welcome getting rid of him.

On the other hand, this would be another high salary player we'd be moving out within 24h. I'll wait until after free agency to call the owners cheap, but it sure looks like it.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
id easily do a 4th for demers, might even add in soshnikov aswell if you guys want that

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I have mixed feelings about this.

On one hand, I don't really care for Demers as a player and don't see him as a fit to our current roster, so I'd welcome getting rid of him.

On the other hand, this would be another high salary player we'd be moving out within 24h. I'll wait until after free agency to call the owners cheap, but it sure looks like it.

to be fair, they have to sign Pysyk, Petro, and Matheson this year and next. We have a lot of money in Yandle and Ekblad already. Probably a good idea to cut some money off the backend

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
to be fair, they have to sign Pysyk, Petro, and Matheson this year and next. We have a lot of money in Yandle and Ekblad already. Probably a good idea to cut some money off the backend

I agree...Yandle or Demers is prob gone. If not now then by next summer for sure.

Gotta think it's going to be easier to move Demers.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
we have to get the right deal for demeres. he's very serviceable and we can't give him away. evidently more serviceable than smith.;)

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Its not surprising, he is not a match with either Yandle or Ekblad, and you dont pay 4.5 for the bottom pair, same reason we let Guds and Kulikov go.

Hopefully someone gives up a forward, or we can add to Demers to get a better forward.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
I can't tell if the general distaste here for Demers is contagious or what... but I seem to not be infected with it.

I mean I think it was valid that he was unprotected, but he's not that bad.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I can't tell if the general distaste here for Demers is contagious or what... but I seem to not be infected with it.

I mean I think it was valid that he was unprotected, but he's not that bad.

He's not that bad, just had an inconsistent, off year. He also doesn't really fit with what Boughner wants...toughness and grit to go along with the speed and up-tempo style.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Assuming Demers is traded for a winger:

Yandle Ek
Matheson Pysyk
Petro McCoshen?

Petro should be on the right. Pysyk is more flexible and can play LHD better than Petrovic.

And no to Ekblad and Yandle unless they are on the PP together! I said last summer I was dubious about that combination at even strength, and it was even worse than I imagined!

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
I wasn't organizing it by handedness since i don't know it off the top of my head. Just as to where they are in the depth chart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad