Post-Game Talk: Panthers @ Oilers Holy crap 3 in a row!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Hard not to under-react after the first 3 game streak, but yes, no moves necessary yet I think. Should at least wait till closer to the deadline and see where the team stands and what is needed.

Scoring is picking up and defense is still solid (except tonight, kinda gave up some chippys). Calgary doesn't count.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I think it really depends on what can be made available at the deadline. I would easily offer our 1st and a decent prospect for someone who can really compliment this team and contribute for a playoff push.

Ok, who should be dropped from the lineup? How about a 1st and Trocheck for e.g. Brouwer? Shouldn't be problem when those assets are "easily" available.
Highly unlikely that Tallon will do anything now that the scoring is starting to pick up.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Ekblad is now a +12, which is pretty great for a rookie Dman.

That number alone means little, the fact that he is number one on the team is impressive, even with somewhat sheltered minutes. Even more impressive is that he's second on the team in scoring. He's on pace to have a legendary season.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
That number alone means little, the fact that he is number one on the team is impressive, even with somewhat sheltered minutes. Even more impressive is that he's second on the team in scoring. He's on pace to have a legendary season.

Hes also been on for 47 goals of the 94 goals we have scored this year.

50% not to shabby!

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I'm all jacked over the 3 game win streak and love how we're finding ways to win games, but it's still a bit concerning on nights we don't have Lu in net. I think Erick said it best. If it wasn't for the Lu trade, then we would be stuck with a guy like Hiller as our started. We would be in a world of crap. I'm concerned that none of our "core" players are emerging as elite offensive players. Bjugstad is our leader and he's on pace for about 50 points in 82. That's really low.. That's gotta improve moving forward.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I'm all jacked over the 3 game win streak and love how we're finding ways to win games, but it's still a bit concerning on nights we don't have Lu in net. I think Erick said it best. If it wasn't for the Lu trade, then we would be stuck with a guy like Hiller as our started. We would be in a world of crap. I'm concerned that none of our "core" players are emerging as elite offensive players. Bjugstad is our leader and he's on pace for about 50 points in 82. That's really low.. That's gotta improve moving forward.

I'm not worried. Yes if we didn't have Lu on our team, we'd be toast by now, but that was why we brought him in. He gives us a chance in every game, which allows our young guys to develop and build their confidence.

This is the first time in several years where we have stable top tier goaltending. The past several years wasn't a great environment to develop our young guys and I think we're seeing them get better as the season progresses because they finally have a solid support system.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

Improvement on least season considering the leader had 38 points! (Also Bjugstad)

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I'm not worried. Yes if we didn't have Lu on our team, we'd be toast by now, but that was why we brought him in. He gives us a chance in every game, which allows our young guys to develop and build their confidence.

This is the first time in several years where we have stable top tier goaltending. The past several years wasn't a great environment to develop our young guys and I think we're seeing them get better as the season progresses because they finally have a solid support system.

Good point. I think Tallon needs to try and keep the team together, but at the same time he must bring in an asset that can give us a boost up front. Of course without trading our future. That's a heck of a challenge.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

A huge part of this is never getting points on the PP. A lot of the top scorers in the league will get a nice chunk of their points with the man advantage. Wouldn't be unreasonable to think with a decent PP he'd have another 10+ points at the end of the year. And a great PP could add another 15-20.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
So I guess you go stick side on Scrivens, huh? Haha

Bad penalty by Guddy there at the end but I can see why he might have wanted to lay into Pouliot a little bit. Because Pouliot hacked him on the clear icing call a few seconds earlier.

Good win for the boys. Wasn't easy, Edmonton didn't just roll over. I thought they took it too us for a good portion of the game.

-ghoste

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
So I guess you go stick side on Scrivens, huh? Haha

Bad penalty by Guddy there at the end but I can see why he might have wanted to lay into Pouliot a little bit. Because Pouliot hacked him on the clear icing call a few seconds earlier.

Good win for the boys. Wasn't easy, Edmonton didn't just roll over. I thought they took it too us for a good portion of the game.

-ghoste

Also, no one messes with Ekblad and gets away with it.

Last edited:

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Good point. I think Tallon needs to try and keep the team together, but at the same time he must bring in an asset that can give us a boost up front. Of course without trading our future. That's a heck of a challenge.

yeah I think we can all agree one more goal scorer and a 6th dman, but not sure how hes going to do that during the season without trading away some of what's made us successful I think this is what we have to work with for the rest of the season aside from minor tweaks.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Hopefully that's coming Saturday.

And I'll add that Guddy is not a dirty/cheap player. He even held up a little on Pouliot. I'm not saying that it's right to board guys but if you slew foot an 18-year-old like Ekblad, who means so much to our team, then you're going to have to answer for it. Essentially, Guddy is saying to Pouliot what goes around comes around and if you do that again then you're gonna have to answer to me.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I haven't had time to go on the boards since yesterday morning, but I just have to say that this awesome that we're playing outstanding hockey lately and are not just gearing on a Wild Card spot, but now one of the division sports.

However, that kind of play has to keep up consistently as the competition will go on winning streaks throughout the remainder of the season as well. It's because every player on the team is working together as a unit. That's what makes a successful franchise.

I absolutely agree that without Luongo, we likely wouldn't even be nearly as close to a playoff spot. He and the defense have been a huge cause of why we are in the position that we are in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad