Post-Game Talk: Panthers @ Oilers Holy crap 3 in a row!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
FLORIDA PANTHERS vs EDMONTON OILERS

FLORIDA PANTHERS

Left Wing
|
Center​
|
Right Wing​
Hayes​
|
Bjugstad​
|
Fleischmann​
Bergenheim​
|
Pirri​
|
Boyes​
Huberdeau​
|
Bolland​
|
Jokinen​
Upshall​
|
MacKenzie​
|
Kopecky​

Left Defenseman
|
Right Defenseman
Mitchell​
|
Kulikov​
Ekblad​
|
Campbell​
Gudbranson​
|
Olsen​

Goalie​
Luongo​

INJURIES
Barkov- Couldn’t handle night out with O’Brien (questionable)
Thornton- Dave Bolland disease (day-to-day)
O'Brien- Healthy
Trocheck- Healthy

EDMONTON OILERS

Left Wing
|
Center​
|
Right Wing​
Hall​
|
Hopkins​
|
Eberle​
Pouliot​
|
Roy​
|
Yakupov​
Fraser​
|
Lander​
|
Purcell​
Hendricks​
|
Gordon​
|
Klinkhammer​

Left Defenseman
|
Right Defenseman
Nikitin​
|
Fayne​
Ference​
|
Petry​
Klefbom​
|
Schultz​

Goalie​
Scrivens​

Player to Watch

Ben-Scrivens-The-Professor-Twitter-@LAKings.jpg

Ben Scrivens is 3-0-0 with 2 shutouts against the Panthers

Notes:
The Oilers are actually a respectable 7-5-1 against the east

If you’re wondering how a team with so many high picks can be so bad, consider this: The only active NHL player picked after the first round by Edmonton (so rounds 2-7) from 2009-2014 is Tobias Rieder

Last edited:

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Oh right, this is a 7pm start. Thought I was going to miss the third game in a row because of these 10pm starts.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Oh right, this is a 7pm start. Thought I was going to miss the third game in a row because of these 10pm starts.

Edmonton is in a weird time zone. Don't know if I've ever seen a game start at 5 pm local time. 6 is usually the earliest. I wish Florida games would start at 7, not 7:30

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Edmonton is in a weird time zone. Don't know if I've ever seen a game start at 5 pm local time. 6 is usually the earliest. I wish Florida games would start at 7, not 7:30

They took at vote around five years ago by fans whether to start home games for that upcoming season at 7:00 or 7:30. If I remember, more than 70% said 7:30 because too many people wouldn't make a 7:00 game during the week after leaving work. South Florida is a huge place with no transportation system, so it makes sense for the answers given.

n7

Oct 15, 2011
Edmonton

It's a Sunday. They do earlier times on weekends sometimes.

Weekday games are pretty much always 7:30 here.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
Definitely feels like a trap.

it does but mostly when we feel it's a trap game, it turns out to be exactly just that but sometime we have to break that and the 3 games in a row curse.

i'm having high hope going into this game. it's not like i'm saying that we SHOULD win but rather that i really really really hope we do and that i'd be very happy if we did.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Trap games are normally when you are looking ahead to a bigger game. I dont expect this team to take the Oilers lightly. I like our chances here, and Id like to see some physical play from our boys tonight. Ill definitely be up at 2am to watch this one.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Trap games are normally when you are looking ahead to a bigger game. I dont expect this team to take the Oilers lightly. I like our chances here, and Id like to see some physical play from our boys tonight. Ill definitely be up at 2am to watch this one.

Actually I believe the Oil are playing their best hockey of the season. You don't beat the Blackhawks by luck or playing average. We're going to need a solid effort or we'll get embarrassed. We MUST outwork them today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad