Line Combos: Panthers line combinations

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Only thing I hope is that we keep Kopecky out of the top 6 this year. He is brutal in top 6. Excellent in bottom 6 role

If Dineen plays Hubs at C

Versteeg-Weiss-Fleishmann
Mueller-Huberdeau-Upshall
Bergenheim-Goc-Kopecky
Matthias-Smithson-Parros

Gudbranson-Campbell
Kuba-Kulikov
Jovanovski-Weaver

If were healthy.. With current bang ups add in Kovalev

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I don't really care so much, as long as I get to see a competive Panthers team on the ice. :nod:

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Didn't Flash play center, maybe him?

Flash and Mueller both struggle at the C spot. I don't think it's likely but I wouldn't be surprised to see Shore win that spot out of camp. With Goc possibly out, we're really weak down the middle. If Goc got hurt this first game of the season, people would probably think Shore would get called up so maybe he starts the season up and gets sent down when Goc is healthy.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Flash and Mueller both struggle at the C spot. I don't think it's likely but I wouldn't be surprised to see Shore win that spot out of camp. With Goc possibly out, we're really weak down the middle. If Goc got hurt this first game of the season, people would probably think Shore would get called up so maybe he starts the season up and gets sent down when Goc is healthy.

This might be a good choice. Though Goc cant be too far away from returning

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL

I would like to see that. :)

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
No, but seriously, Matthias has supposedly looked good in camp. I wouldn't be surprised if it's him.

Can he really breakout at 24? He has always had so much stamina and been the fastest guy on the ice, but he needs to be able to score and from what I saw last year I don't know if he has the ability to change his game that much.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Can he really breakout at 24? He has always had so much stamina and been the fastest guy on the ice, but he needs to be able to score and from what I saw last year I don't know if he has the ability to change his game that much.

You're correct. Matthias lacks offensive skill. He needs to develop his game into becoming a bottom line grinder.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

That's true, but at the same time, he's shown flashes of somewhat brilliance. I don't really expect him to breakout, but it might only be temporary until Goc returns. It looks like Goc' reported injury, a knee ligament, was false and he only has a sprained ankle. So Goc could be back pretty soon.

Who is the third line center? Santorelli? Smithson is centering the fourth

Kopecky could center the 3rd.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Matthias improved his point total by 8 last season. And I thought he played good in the playoffs. If he keeps improving his total each year, that's only a good thing.

So I wouldn't mind him centering Huby & Mules on the 2nd line. Put it this way, I'd rather see Matthias on the 2nd line rather than Upshall, Kopy, or Santo.

-ghoste

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Matthias improved his point total by 8 last season. And I thought he played good in the playoffs. If he keeps improving his total each year, that's only a good thing.

So I wouldn't mind him centering Huby & Mules on the 2nd line. Put it this way, I'd rather see Matthias on the 2nd line rather than Upshall, Kopy, or Santo.

-ghoste

I would take Upshall anyday over Matthias..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad