Line Combos: Panthers line combinations

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Matthias improved his point total by 8 last season. And I thought he played good in the playoffs. If he keeps improving his total each year, that's only a good thing.

So I wouldn't mind him centering Huby & Mules on the 2nd line. Put it this way, I'd rather see Matthias on the 2nd line rather than Upshall, Kopy, or Santo.

-ghoste

Id like to see this also, I've never seen him paired with offensive players lets see what he can do.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Speaking of our 2nd line Center woes, what ever happened to Casey Wellman?

Given our recent success, a nice change is that this isn't like the circa 2007 or so panthers, where career minor leaguers are championed as 1st and 2nd line solutions. Wellman hasn't been that great in San Antonio and, hopefully for us, won't be the answer at 2nd line C anytime soon unless he turns into a gem/steal and exceeds all expectations. I think Shore has a better shot at that role than Wellman does at this point in time. That could change but who knows?

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Given our recent success, a nice change is that this isn't like the circa 2007 or so panthers, where career minor leaguers are championed as 1st and 2nd line solutions. Wellman hasn't been that great in San Antonio and, hopefully for us, won't be the answer at 2nd line C anytime soon unless he turns into a gem/steal and exceeds all expectations. I think Shore has a better shot at that role than Wellman does at this point in time. That could change but who knows?

I'd like to see Shore play as well, but is he ready for 2nd line minutes? Maybe Santorelli will get another chance? From what I remember, he's a solid shooter and might do well taking passes from Huberdeau...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad