Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Anyone miss Gudbranson yet? I don't. He looked incredibly average last night for Vancouver. His lack of playmaking ability is so apparent after watching the Cats' first two games and watching play after play die on his stick last night.

We've played two teams that will struggle all year... see how it goes against the lightning and also some of the bigger west teams when physicality gets dialed up.. there has been none the first two games

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Anyone miss Gudbranson yet? I don't. He looked incredibly average last night for Vancouver. His lack of playmaking ability is so apparent after watching the Cats' first two games and watching play after play die on his stick last night.

Not even a little bit. The only thing we miss, which every one will miss, is his leadership and character.

I haven't had a chance to watch the Canucks games in full but watched the highlights of their game against Carolina. The Faulk goal was just absolutely brutal. He can't connect a pass to save his life and looked so bad on that goal. They're gonna be seeing a lot of that in the future.

We've played two teams that will struggle all year... see how it goes against the lightning and also some of the bigger west teams when physicality gets dialed up.. there has been none the first two games

What would him being in the lineup do, or change, playing against the more physical teams?

Tomorrow should be a good game. Tampa is probably the best team in the East along with Pittsburgh. It'll be a nice test to see how we do.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Not even a little bit. The only thing we miss, which every one will miss, is his leadership and character.

I haven't had a chance to watch the Canucks games in full but watched the highlights of their game against Carolina. The Faulk goal was just absolutely brutal. He can't connect a pass to save his life and looked so bad on that goal. They're gonna be seeing a lot of that in the future.

What would him being in the lineup do, or change, playing against the more physical teams?

Tomorrow should be a good game. Tampa is probably the best team in the East along with Pittsburgh. It'll be a nice test to see how we do.

Well when we play a team that hits and gets in on the forecheck we will see if gudbranson does anything or if we're missing anything.. haven't played anyine worth their salt yet so it's easy for people to say they don't miss him... tomorrow shoukd be a great game

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Well when we play a team that hits and gets in on the forecheck we will see if gudbranson does anything or if we're missing anything.. haven't played anyine worth their salt yet so it's easy for people to say they don't miss him... tomorrow shoukd be a great game

But they'll still hit and forecheck. Him being on the team wouldn't change that.

Edit: I don't want to turn this into another Guds thread.

I'm still shocked that Kucherov signed for so little

Last edited:

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I would say hope that our D will stand, cause TBL giving up a lot of Goals early this Season.
Cause on the other Side Tampas offensiv already scored 9 Goals in 2 games, what gives me a lot of worries.

But in the end a 3 Game winning streak early in the Season listen great.
So Let´s Go Panthers.

Who will start in the Net??

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Easily the most interesting game from a non-fan POV. Two candidates for division winner and lets face it, we all expect both teams to make some noise in the playoffs.

If I were Cats fan, I'd hope for as little penalties as possible since Lightning has really scary PP. Probably need to rely on Barkov brining the puck up. Not sure how to handle Hedman though.

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
Waiting for Yandle to do Yandle things. Have not seen much from him in the past 2 games, but thats because everyone else is playing some top tier hockey.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I swear...some people in here are just hoping we crumble against tougher teams...

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
I swear...some people in here are just hoping we crumble against tougher teams...

So they can bring back the old "told you so" thing...

Don't worry batting, even after those two games or after our next loss against a tougher team, or maybe even a weaker one, one thing will still be true:

"It's at the end of the show that we pay the musicians !"

So don't bother worrying about those who can't enjoy the first couple of wins in the season... They will be long gone before the season ends ! ;)

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Waiting for Yandle to do Yandle things. Have not seen much from him in the past 2 games, but thats because everyone else is playing some top tier hockey.

Ekblad hasn't looked great either, I am assuming their are some chemistry issues between the two.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Should be fast paced playoff type of game tonight.

I think goaltending and special teams wins this game tonight.

TB definitely has more high end talent. I think our 3rd pair is better than theirs though.

ursavolta

Aug 9, 2010
miami, Fl
So they can bring back the old "told you so" thing...

Don't worry batting, even after those two games or after our next loss against a tougher team, or maybe even a weaker one, one thing will still be true:

"It's at the end of the show that we pay the musicians !"

So don't bother worrying about those who can't enjoy the first couple of wins in the season... They will be long gone before the season ends ! ;)

A perfect quote.

Bats I feel you.. some people dwell in negativity.. it's just their MO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad