Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
A first of it's kind, a big regular season game between the Lightning and the Panthers (well kind of, a bit early for it, but still...)

It's a good statement on where the state of hockey is at in the state of Florida right now. Hopefully the teams will play at a high level so people will see a good game on top of the hype of the two teams being picked to finish at the top of the division.

Last edited:

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I think I heard on the broadcast after the last game on or the NHL Network recap of last night that the Panthers have never started 3-0 before?

While it's not a must win this early in the season, it's certainly one that has importance being that the Bolts are the favorites to win the division. We did well last season against the Lightning too.

With two 2-0 teams that should be near the top of the division for many years to come, this should be a great one. The rivalry should just keep growing from here.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
I think their are some chemistry issues between Ekblad and Yandle right now. Lets see if they can build on anything.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Anyone miss Gudbranson yet? I don't. He looked incredibly average last night for Vancouver. His lack of playmaking ability is so apparent after watching the Cats' first two games and watching play after play die on his stick last night.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Anyone miss Gudbranson yet? I don't. He looked incredibly average last night for Vancouver. His lack of playmaking ability is so apparent after watching the Cats' first two games and watching play after play die on his stick last night.

I do miss Guddy a bit but then I watch these guys on the backend and it makes me ok. I loved Guds, but the skill and speed we have on the backend is excellent.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008

No.

But I still couldn't believe they traded him off, and then went out and got Demers and Yandle.

Still weird seeing the team becoming a FA hot bed.
No more of our big splash signings being Cory Stillman level FAs.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

He has made some incredible defensive plays including diving with a perfect poke check from behind to a breakaway.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida

It's safe to say everyone on here misses Guddy the person; not the player.

Average is putting it lightly to be honest.

He has made some incredible defensive plays including diving with a perfect poke check from behind to a breakaway.

When I saw the word 'diving' I thought you were gonna mention when he recently dove head first into an empty net to prevent a puck from sliding in that was gonna happen regardless of him doing that.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site

I will miss Erik's physicality and competitive-nature... Also his policeman-attitude while putting fear into the heads of wingers coming down his side ! For sure, I'll miss those, Erik is a great character kid and one hell of a physical-defenseman.

But so far, I've also been impressed and enjoy so much our new defense. Yandle, Matheson, Pysyk, Demers look all great and they are different... Love their puck-moving abilities, and I'm starting to be anxious about the expansion draft with what they've shown so far !

Rockaway Rob

Jun 30, 2007
I think I heard on the broadcast after the last game on or the NHL Network recap of last night that the Panthers have never started 3-0 before?

Yep, we have never had a 3 game win streak to start a season. We've only won our first 2 games four times in our history too. I believe the last time was 11 years ago

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Guddy is playing on a bad team right now, nobody looks great on that team.

It's easy not to miss him since we are winning but too early to tell until we see these new guys more.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
No.

But I still couldn't believe they traded him off, and then went out and got Demers and Yandle.

Still weird seeing the team becoming a FA hot bed.
No more of our big splash signings being Cory Stillman level FAs.

I have flames Stillman puck:laugh:
I can't wait for his son, chance to be better for his Fla days at least. Know a family member who goes to school with him, very dedicated kid and workout beast at 17-18 yrs old.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
It's safe to say everyone on here misses Guddy the person; not the player.

Average is putting it lightly to be honest.

When I saw the word 'diving' I thought you were gonna mention when he recently dove head first into an empty net to prevent a puck from sliding in that was gonna happen regardless of him doing that.

Nah, he had a diving poke check, it was so clean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad