Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I don't need the lottery to be happy, it's been a great season. Exceeded everyone's expectations. They'll be even better next year. It's so rare for a Panthers fan to actually be hopeful going into an off-season but everyone should feel that way thus year.

yea for once i actually feel like this team is progressing. even when we made the playoff and won the division that year, it was because of all the free agents and that obviously wasnt for the longterm. but seeing barkov look outstanding, huberdeau improving, ekblad being a stud, gudbranson improving, bjugstad having a fantastic year, along with pirri, which to me is the biggest thing because we already had playmakers in barkov and huberdeau yet only 1 goal scorer in bjugstad, pirri showing he has 25-30g capabilities is reallllllly promising for us and much needed. also having vet leaders like mitchell and yes even bolland, and luongo in net of course for the foreseeable future. we're finally trending up, just need to add some more pieces but we're finally getting out of the gutter. permanently.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
GO! Im dying over here not being able to see live Panthers hockey. Aside from my family members (most of them :laugh:) back in the States, I miss my season seats the most. Im thinking about coming back because of it TBH, but I need to find a job is South Florida first off, so if anyone has any ideas...

Not that I can really help, but what do you do for a profession?

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
GO! Im dying over here not being able to see live Panthers hockey. Aside from my family members (most of them :laugh:) back in the States, I miss my season seats the most. Im thinking about coming back because of it TBH, but I need to find a job is South Florida first off, so if anyone has any ideas...

The market has really improved down here over the last year or two. If you have some savings, it would definitely be worthy of a risk to come back.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
The market has really improved down here over the last year or two. If you have some savings, it would definitely be worthy of a risk to come back.

I work in an arena for a living. Driving the flooder, ice maintenance, you name it; responsible for the whole building.

It is my DREAM to come down and work for the Panthers!

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
Bjugstad has been lacking recently.

Pirri and Barkov are probably our best scorers atm. Also call me crazy, but I would try MacKenzie in first or second line.

You're crazy. Why would you pt MacKenzie on the first or second line? He's a good 4th line center, nothing more, nothing less.

InsaneBanana

Feb 20, 2015
Cardiff, Wales (UK)
Because he has been really good. So has Upshall.

Bolland to 4th, Trocheck to 3rd, MacKenzie 2nd.

Pirri - Barkov - Jagr
Huberdeau - MacKenzie - Boyes
Upshall - Trocheck - Thornton
Jokinen - Bolland - Hayes

First line is deadly, other lines are a good solid mix.

PP line should be Pirri - Barkov - Jagr
Mitchell - Campbell

Evidence:

Wander

May 12, 2014
That doesn't make sense on so many levels. Hayes finally scored again and you put him to 4th line as a reward. And you want Upshall and Thornton to have more minutes than him and Jokinen?

I mean, obviously this is just pointless theorizing because Gallant would never roll the lines like that, but I still have to shake my head. Can't be serious.

(The cool goal was more Bolland than MacKenzie too)

Last edited:

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
Because he has been really good. So has Upshall.

Bolland to 4th, Trocheck to 3rd, MacKenzie 2nd.

Pirri - Barkov - Jagr
Huberdeau - MacKenzie - Boyes
Upshall - Trocheck - Thornton
Jokinen - Bolland - Hayes

First line is deadly, other lines are a good solid mix.

PP line should be Pirri - Barkov - Jagr
Mitchell - Campbell

Evidence:

That goal was 90% fluke and 10% mac throwing his stick out. Trochek needs to be on the 2nd unit so we can see what he can do in a scoring role, instead of using him as a grinder.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
i'm just gonna try to enjoy this game. playoffs is sooooo far fetched atm so i'm just hoping for a intense game with some rivalry-feelz to it.
les go cats :yo:

InsaneBanana

Feb 20, 2015
Cardiff, Wales (UK)
That doesn't make sense on so many levels. Hayes finally scored again and you put him to 4th line as a reward. And you want Upshall and Thornton to have more minutes than him and Jokinen?

I mean, obviously this is just pointless theorizing because Gallant would never roll the lines like that, but I still have to shake my head. Can't be serious.

(The cool goal was more Bolland than MacKenzie too)

The idea is that you have stronger lines on the ice than your opponent. If your 4th line has stronger players than you would normally expect, you gain the edge.

Also, the 4th line needs to be broken up anyway, due to how many goals they have conceded.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
The idea is that you have stronger lines on the ice than your opponent. If your 4th line has stronger players than you would normally expect, you gain the edge.

Also, the 4th line needs to be broken up anyway, due to how many goals they have conceded.

The fourth line shouldn't provide offense, and this team needs at least one line to have a primarily defensive role. Mackenzie's offensive ability is almost non-existent, and he belongs on the fourth line. Using one goal like that as evidence that he has offensive skills is like me posting this and saying "Thornton should be on the first line."
(I'd suggest muting it. Boston's commentating duo is embarrassingly bad)

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Oh well, makes it even better when the team makes it into the dance.

Everyone clamoring over Hamburglar, the Panthers' story will be just as good.

It's going to go down to the last day, the last game, against the Devils. The Panthers will win against the same organization that eliminated them the last time they were in the playoffs, and that win will thrust them into the playoffs.

Yup :yo::yo:

Last edited by a moderator:

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Oh well, makes it even better when the team makes it into the dance.

Everyone clamoring over Hamburglar, the Panthers' story will be just as good.

It's going to go down to the last day, the last game, against the Devils. The Panthers will win against the same organization that eliminated them the last time they were in the playoffs, and that win will thrust them into the playoffs.

Yup :yo::yo:

Instead of Dave Strater saying "ADAM HENRIQUE!" he'll be saying "ALEKSANDER BARKOV!" or "NICK BJUGSTAD!"

Last edited by a moderator:

InsaneBanana

Feb 20, 2015
Cardiff, Wales (UK)
The fourth line shouldn't provide offense, and this team needs at least one line to have a primarily defensive role. Mackenzie's offensive ability is almost non-existent, and he belongs on the fourth line. Using one goal like that as evidence that he has offensive skills is like me posting this and saying "Thornton should be on the first line."
(I'd suggest muting it. Boston's commentating duo is embarrassingly bad)

Still 2 facts remain:

1. First line can't find the back of the net. Even when they dominate the opposing team.

2. Fourth line probably is the main reason we lost so many points during the season, through goals conceded.

That needs change. Thinking outside the box is the solution. Should not take my "out of box" thinking engraved in stone, but somebody has to come up with a creative solution, as we are limited in options.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Still 2 facts remain:

1. First line can't find the back of the net. Even when they dominate the opposing team.

2. Fourth line probably is the main reason we lost so many points during the season, through goals conceded.

That needs change. Thinking outside the box is the solution. Should not take my "out of box" thinking engraved in stone, but somebody has to come up with a creative solution, as we are limited in options.

Huberdeau has what, like 10 points in his last 11? The first line is scoring.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Still 2 facts remain:

Thinking outside the box is fine, if there was more games remaining. With only 10 left and the team has been playing strong, no need to rock the boat. It's time to just go with what you have and run with it, and let the chips fall were they may.

As far as formulating lines, it's not just about abilities or energy or whatever, to me chemistry is the most important and whether the type of player compliments another.

DMac is a physical energy player and will disrupt the offensive abilities of the top 2 lines. He fits with Upshall because they are both physical energy players and are meant to disrupt the other team.

I agree the top line has not produced as much goals as they should since they dominate the puck so much. But then, that in itself is a good thing though since they usually match-up against other top lines who wont have the puck since Jagr, Barkov, and Hubs have it so much.

It is why Trocheck did not fit on the 4th since he is too small to match the physicality of Mac Truck and Upshall. They are better having TKop or Thornton

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Still 2 facts remain:

Are we watching the same games? The first line is the only line scoring since Jagr was acquired.

And the reason this team hasn't won is due to their inability to score goals, which will not be helped by putting a checking line player into a scoring role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad