Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Bjugstad is the only player missing from practice at the Ice Den today. Only played 11 minutes in Bruins game

Lightning coming off a 5-3 win vs. Boston yesterday

Last edited:

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
San Jose is better than their record suggests and Hamburglar has been shaky his past 2 games, allowing 4 goals both games. Hopefully the Sharks can get by him

But the Sharks goaltending has been shaky all season. I expect a high scoring game.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
To be fair, this has been said for a few weeks now. Every time it seems over we get it back together and keep some hope alive.
If that scenario happens, potentially 7 points back. It's over if Ottawa wins more games than Florida by Sunday.

lower body soreness for Bjugs, doubtful for tomorrow per Jameson

Good, he's clearly hurt.

You think we need 98 points to make the playoffs?

I think it's reasonable to say Ottawa goes 7-4, so yeah

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
The 8th seed might even need 100+ points.

He's pretty much been absent for the past few anyway. Won't change that much.

That's not going to happen. I forget where someone posted it last week, but the 8th seed averages like 93 points across both conferences. Ottawa has 2 easy games left, but so do we. Ottawa is bound to cool off at some point and if they don't fine good for them and they deserve to make it.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
That's not going to happen. I forget where someone posted it last week, but the 8th seed averages like 93 points across both conferences. Ottawa has 2 easy games left, but so do we. Ottawa is bound to cool off at some point and if they don't fine good for them and they deserve to make it.

correct.

94 usually does it.

Might be 96 this yr.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida

Problem is that people have been saying that for weeks now.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I think we'll lose this game somehow. We don't match up well against Tampa, especially now that they're healthy. We're 1-2-1 dating back to preseason against them. They're too fast and too offensively skilled. We barely got out of the last game and they were missing a couple key guys. Plus, Tyler Johnson is just going off this year. Guy is a friggin' gem. Then you have Mr. 40-g's. Then Kucherov who we all saw ripped everyone at the rookie camp. Palat another insane passer. Drouin, a highly skilled guy buried under a plethora of talent. They're stacked.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
I think we'll lose this game somehow. We don't match up well against Tampa, especially now that they're healthy. We're 1-2-1 dating back to preseason against them. They're too fast and too offensively skilled. We barely got out of the last game and they were missing a couple key guys. Plus, Tyler Johnson is just going off this year. Guy is a friggin' gem. Then you have Mr. 40-g's. Then Kucherov who we all saw ripped everyone at the rookie camp. Palat another insane passer. Drouin, a highly skilled guy buried under a plethora of talent. They're stacked.

You really comparing preseason and regular season? I mean cmon

We played well enough in both regular season games to win.

Montoya was in net and Luongo should help us out even more.

We matched up well against other speedy teams like the Rangers.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Probably something like this

Huberdeau - Barkov - Jagr
Jokinen - Bolland - Pirri
Hayes - Trocheck - Boyes
Upshall - Mackenzie - Kopecky

Campbell - Ekblad
Kulikov - Mitchell
Gudbranson - Kampfer

Luongo
Ellis

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
You think it unrealistic that they go 6-5 or 5-6? So you think in their last 21 games they will be a minimum of 16-5? I dont think so.

They're 14-1-1 in their last 16 and play Toronto twice, that's 2 free wins. It's time to stop thinking that they're going to cool off. I think they finish 7-4, which would mean Florida has to go 9-1.

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
I was off by a point, w.e. It's still completely unrealistic.

Ottawa going 6-5 is unrealistic? Their schedule is not as easy as you seem to think. If they go 6-5 and we go 8-2 we are in the playoffs that's all there is to it. I think Ottawa will end up making it but it's not as impossible as some are making it out to be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad