Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Huh? I haven't guaranteed a loss tomorrow. I just highly highly doubt we finish out 8-2 based on our inability to string wins together.

You said we can't win 4 in a row. We'd be the heavy favorites on Thursday so if we win tomorrow it would seem likely that we do win 4 in a row. So you must be expecting a loss tomorrow?

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I also believe in evidence and the evidence shows that we have won 5 of our last 7 and the two that we lost, we thoroughly outplayed our opponent. We very well could be on a 7 game win streak right now. Also, where was the evidence that the Senators, who were significantly worse than us for a long stretch of the season, were capable of going on a streak like the one that they are on right now?

bolded - Well we're not.
Ottawa had winning streaks of 4 and 5 games this season before their last 8-1-1 run. Something we haven't had. I'm not talking about Ottawa's ability to win games though. I'm talking about Florida's. We can't seem to string together more than 3 wins, even if we outplay teams.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
You said we can't win 4 in a row. We'd be the heavy favorites on Thursday so if we win tomorrow it would seem likely that we do win 4 in a row. So you must be expecting a loss tomorrow?

Yeah, I think Tampa will beat us. We don't match up well with them. We are clearly the underdog. Do you disagree?

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
bolded - Well we're not.
Ottawa had winning streaks of 4 and 5 games this season before their last 8-1-1 run. Something we haven't had. I'm not talking about Ottawa's ability to win games though. I'm talking about Florida's. We can't seem to string together more than 3 wins, even if we outplay teams.

Ottawa is on a 14-1-1 run not just an 8-1-1 run. There was nothing that showed that they were capable of such a stretch therefore, there doesn't have to be any evidence that shows that we are capable of one either. We won 5 in a row last year, we are a better team this year, so we should be capable of such a run all it takes is some good play and a little bit of luck, not "evidence".

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
Yeah, I think Tampa will beat us. We don't match up well with them. We are clearly the underdog. Do you disagree?

Beat them pretty easily for the 1st 50 minutes and held on for a win last time we played them and took them to a shootout the first time so where is your evidence for this claim. I agree that we are the underdog because Tampa is a better team, but it's nowhere near as lopsided as you seem to think

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Ottawa is on a 14-1-1 run not just an 8-1-1 run. There was nothing that showed that they were capable of such a stretch therefore, there doesn't have to be any evidence that shows that we are capable of one either. We won 5 in a row last year, we are a better team this year, so we should be capable of such a run all it takes is some good play and a little bit of luck, not "evidence".

Yes, I get that things can happen like a win streak you don't see coming. Something totally unexpected. That's called hope and being optimistic. Nothing wrong with that mindset. I just don't see anything to indicate this team can finish 8-2.

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
Yes, I get that things can happen like a win streak you don't see coming. Something totally unexpected. That's called hope and being optimistic. Nothing wrong with that mindset. I just don't see anything to indicate this team can finish 8-2.

Well we are 7-3 since acquiring Jagr. One of those games was the goalie debacle. Look more evidence that we are capable

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Well we are 7-3 since acquiring Jagr. One of those games was the goalie debacle. Look more evidence that we are capable

You can't keep using excuses like the goalie debacle. Some context around that makes it pathetic and makes me believe we can't pull off an 8-2 finish. Toronto was on something like a 16 game road losing streak. I don't think they won on the road in 2015 up to then. Blaming it on one goal given up by an injured goalie is a joke. Good teams overcome adversity, especially to the worst team in the league the last 20+ games.

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
You can't keep using excuses like the goalie debacle. Some context around that makes it pathetic and makes me believe we can't pull off an 8-2 finish. Toronto was on something like a 16 game road losing streak. I don't think they won on the road in 2015 up to then. Blaming it on one goal given up by an injured goalie is a joke. Good teams overcome adversity, especially to the worst team in the league the last 20+ games.

We essentially played with an empty net for most of the third. If Montoya doesn't get hurt then we probably win that game easily. But I get it you don't think the Panthers will make the playoffs and I agree with you. I just think they are capable of it

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
We essentially played with an empty net for most of the third. If Montoya doesn't get hurt then we probably win that game easily. But I get it you don't think the Panthers will make the playoffs and I agree with you. I just think they are capable of it

If I recall correctly, Toronto only scored one goal to go up 3-2 with plenty of time left. They should have found a way to beat that crap team.

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
If I recall correctly, Toronto only scored one goal to go up 3-2 with plenty of time left. They should have found a way to beat that crap team.

Right but Toronto doesn't score that goal if Montoya could move, we controlled play for the rest of the game, hell we controlled play the entire game, and almost scored on a number of occasions. I certainly think we could've won in OT or a SO. That was the unluckiest I've ever seen a sports team be. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Maybe our inability to string wins together has built up to this moment and we'll finally be able to do it.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
212ig40.png

I have no idea what an indian dog is lol

I like how if you zoom in a bit you can see Guds flipping him off lol

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
well with only 10 games to go each and needing 6pt at least, we'd have to finish 8-2-0 and they'd have to finish 5-5-0, or, 7-2-1 to 4-5-1. i said about a week and a half ago i think ottawa gets in because nothings going to slow them down. nothing has slowed them down yet and i don't expect them to start now. but as always just take it 1 game at a time. winning tomorrow is the first step. thats all we can do for now. we have a pretty tough 10 remaining games too. if we finish 9th, and then win the lottery, that would help cheer us up :laugh:

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
if we finish 9th, and then win the lottery, that would help cheer us up :laugh:

I don't need the lottery to be happy, it's been a great season. Exceeded everyone's expectations. They'll be even better next year. It's so rare for a Panthers fan to actually be hopeful going into an off-season but everyone should feel that way thus year.

InsaneBanana

Feb 20, 2015
Cardiff, Wales (UK)
well with only 10 games to go each and needing 6pt at least, we'd have to finish 8-2-0 and they'd have to finish 5-5-0, or, 7-2-1 to 4-5-1. i said about a week and a half ago i think ottawa gets in because nothings going to slow them down. nothing has slowed them down yet and i don't expect them to start now. but as always just take it 1 game at a time. winning tomorrow is the first step. thats all we can do for now. we have a pretty tough 10 remaining games too. if we finish 9th, and then win the lottery, that would help cheer us up :laugh:

We finish 10-0.

Take 3 pts out of every game, except Ottawa.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Hope Bjugstad is not the dreaded L.B.I and Day to day combo.

also, going back 92 is the most common points tally, records show it, but 94 seems to be the target, 95 -96 to be safe.

Ottawa's game in hand is against Pittsburgh on April 7th.

Ottawa's has 2 games against Toronto coming up, we have games against Toronto Carolina and Jersey.

this easy games question is a non question. we have 3 gimmes ourselves
Factor that in, we SHOULD have 3 wins (86 points) with 7 tough games. Tampa twice, Montreal twice, Boston twice, and Ottawa.

take 5 of those and your a 96 point team which should be enough especially if 4-6 points come against Boston and Ottawa.

can we get 7 strong performances out of this team? why the hell not?

Nothing truly is a gimmy. Remember the last leafs game? Also the last two games the leafs only lost by one goal to both the Sens and the Wild. Two hot teams atm.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
A tad OT, but last night was a record low crowd at the ACC for the Leafs game.

If anyone is like me, and somewhat in the Leafs region, tickets are cheapest I've ever seen for Thurs game vs. Panthers. I found tickets at the end where the Panthers shoot twice, behind the net lower bowl, row 9, for $74 :amazed:

I might actually go since it wouldn't break my bank.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
A tad OT, but last night was a record low crowd at the ACC for the Leafs game.

If anyone is like me, and somewhat in the Leafs region, tickets are cheapest I've ever seen for Thurs game vs. Panthers. I found tickets at the end where the Panthers shoot twice, behind the net lower bowl, row 9, for $74 :amazed:

I might actually go since it wouldn't break my bank.

GO! Im dying over here not being able to see live Panthers hockey. Aside from my family members (most of them :laugh:) back in the States, I miss my season seats the most. Im thinking about coming back because of it TBH, but I need to find a job is South Florida first off, so if anyone has any ideas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia