Post-Game Talk: Panthers let one slip away as PP goes cold, Bob keeps them in a 2-1 loss to Tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
If anything, this need for in game entertainment is weird. When I go to a hockey game, I go to watch hockey! Recent Canucks games I went to, there is far too much "make some noise", "clap your hands" crap these days. I'm sure it wasn't as bad 10 years ago.
Yeah, most of the time I wish they would stop with all that stuff. I hate when the hype leaders are yelling over the p/a for everyone to cheer. The deafening (often shitty) music that drowns out all other crowd noise/atmosphere/buzz in the barn. Even the goal horn so damn loud that it overpowers the sound of the crowd around you celebrating the goal. Imo, It takes away more than it adds to the "game experience".

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Yeah, most of the time I wish they would stop with all that stuff. I hate when the hype leaders are yelling over the p/a for everyone to cheer. The deafening (often ****ty) music that drowns out all other crowd noise/atmosphere/buzz in the barn. Even the goal horn so damn loud that it overpowers the sound of the crowd around you celebrating the goal. Imo, It takes away more than it adds to the "game experience".

Absolutely. It seems way to forced. Comes across as annoying for the most part.

The best atmosphere, is when it happens naturally and spontaneously by fans. North American sports in particular seem hell bent on playing music, sending messages over the PA whenever it gets quiet for just a few seconds.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I'm all for unloading tro and our 15-18th overall pick for another veteran, reliable top-4 Dman. The positive far outweighs the negative of losing tro.

I'd rather bolster up the mid-6. The hard part with trading Tro is our center depth would be frightening, despite how poorly he's played.

Would NJD trade Hall for Tro, Pysyk, 1st rounder and some conditionals? Our C depth would suck, but maybe Hall could make up for it by playing on 2nd line.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
I think our second line is a problem right now. Trotchek is actually.

I know Hoffman is a streaky goals scorer and that's about it. But I'm fine with that if can score 30 goals per season. But you can't have him AND Trotchek on the same line. Never gonna work.

Trotchek is killing us right now. He has nothing to do as a center, let alone a 2nd line center. No hockey IQ, can't make plays to save his life. He looks so lost on the ice. I like to see him on SO, but that's it.

Reactions: Pepe Cahones

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
I think our second line is a problem right now. Trotchek is actually.

I know Hoffman is a streaky goals scorer and that's about it. But I'm fine with that if can score 30 goals per season. But you can't have him AND Trotchek on the same line. Never gonna work.

Trotchek is killing us right now. He has nothing to do as a center, let alone a 2nd line center. No hockey IQ, can't make plays to save his life. He looks so lost on the ice. I like to see him on SO, but that's it.
Trocheck's one good year came from getting 30 or so points on the power play. He's been super over rated since then.

Reactions: sinDer

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Well, that sucked.
I mean Yandle scores points, and Hoffman scores goals, but outside of that, they're so frustrating.
Reffing was bad. And the whole team was awful with the turnovers all night.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I'm all for unloading tro and our 15-18th overall pick for another veteran, reliable top-4 Dman. The positive far outweighs the negative of losing tro.

This is a very bad idea. I don’t like how Trocheck is playing right now, but he’s literally our only choice for 2C. There’s no one else.

Tallon needs to work on center depth real bad this offseason. (Or hopefully at the deadline, but those players are very difficult to acquire period let alone in season.

panthersdu67

Oct 5, 2019
Ideally, this is what I'd like to see for our forward lines:

Huberdeau - Barkov - Dadonov
Connolly - Malgin - Tippett
Hoffman - Trocheck - Vatrano
Hunt - Acciari - Sceviour
Boyle/Toninato

I honestly think Tippett can help this team right now. It's just unfortunate we can't make it work cap wise.

What if we traded Pysyk away, would that work cap wise ?
Also, at this point our C depth is so scarce that Malgin in 2C would make some sense. Conn has been able to score some with poor passers/playmakers (tro and hoff) and Malgin's main ability is passing/moving around to find someone open. I think they could benefit mutually from each other.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
We just need to push Trocheck down the lineup. And right now, the best option is unfortunately splitting Huby and Barky

Connolly Barkov Dadanov
Huberdeau Malgin Vatrano
Trocheck Acciari Hoffman
Toni/Hawryluk Boyle Sceviour

Reactions: austropanther

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Q shuffled Barkov and Tro last night in the 3rd period. He had Tro centering Huby/Dad and Barkov centering Hoff/?Conn.

Didn't work right away and he went back to the original lines.

Gotta see what works in practice before shuffling too much.

Reactions: harv33173

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I'd rather bolster up the mid-6. The hard part with trading Tro is our center depth would be frightening, despite how poorly he's played.

Would NJD trade Hall for Tro, Pysyk, 1st rounder and some conditionals? Our C depth would suck, but maybe Hall could make up for it by playing on 2nd line.
The last thing this team needs is someone like Taylor Hall. Let Colorado overpay for him and handcuff themselves with salary moving forward.

Trocheck should stay on this team. He is a great 3rd line center, but not a very good 2nd line center. Trade the 1st rounder and other assets for a proven 2nd line center. Not sure who that is at this point but we are basically stuck because of salary constraints. Realistically all they can do is play themselves out of it, but Trocheck has shown little improvement since coming back from injury.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
We just need to push Trocheck down the lineup. And right now, the best option is unfortunately splitting Huby and Barky

Connolly Barkov Dadanov
Huberdeau Malgin Vatrano
Trocheck Acciari Hoffman
I think you need to swap Tro and Malgin. Tro can shoot. Too many playmakers on the second line. Let Hubs set them up and carry the play. The third line lacks any playmaking, Malgin could help with that.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017

Connolly Barkov Dadanov
Huberdeau Malgin Vatrano
Trocheck Acciari Hoffman
I get the idea to have multiple lines but is it worth splitting Barkov and Huberdeau given how great they are together?

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
The last thing this team needs is someone like Taylor Hall. Let Colorado overpay for him and handcuff themselves with salary moving forward.

Trocheck should stay on this team. He is a great 3rd line center, but not a very good 2nd line center. Trade the 1st rounder and other assets for a proven 2nd line center. Not sure who that is at this point but we are basically stuck because of salary constraints. Realistically all they can do is play themselves out of it, but Trocheck has shown little improvement since coming back from injury.

What's wrong with Hall? If he can turn it around with a chance of scenery that would be huge. Put him against other teams 2nd like defenders and he could do really well.

I don't really feel like paying $4.5M for a 3rd line center and you have to give to get. We're not getting a proven 2nd line center with just a 1st rounder and change, plus we would need to make room under the cap anyways.

I think realistically a 2C option will have to come internally, which sucks given our depth. Wish tro would just turn it around

geisterpanthers

Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Trochecks value is on an all time low, why would you sell a player when their value is at their lowest? On the other hand, I suspect injuries have taken a toll on him and doubt he will regain is form any time soon.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

Connolly is ok, he can have maintenance days, only guy over 50 in the league

As I was reading a little bit after watching the game, I was really thinking we need to get Malgi back in next game.

Who sits?
I really wouldn't be opposed to BBB having a game off. Call me crazy, but I kind of chringe when he has to:
  • skate hard
  • shoot
  • Pass
  • really anything puck related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad