Post-Game Talk: Panthers let one slip away as PP goes cold, Bob keeps them in a 2-1 loss to Tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
We just need to push Trocheck down the lineup. And right now, the best option is unfortunately splitting Huby and Barky

Connolly Barkov Dadanov
Huberdeau Malgin Vatrano
Trocheck Acciari Hoffman
Toni/Hawryluk Boyle Sceviour

Worth a try IMO

I would put Hoffman on the second line with Huberdeau though. Hoffman could get some goals at 5 vs 5 with an elite playmaker like Huby. Hoffman is a shooter, he needs someone to set him up...and it's going to happen with Trotcheck.

Trotchek might regain some efectiveness by playing on the third line and not facin top D of other teams.

panthersdu67

Oct 5, 2019
What about :

Huberdeau Barkov Connolly - Not splitting Huby and Barkov, which can't be a bad thing, plus get Conn to play with two super talented playmakers who will set him up a lot. His wrist shot is really sick, even from a distance.

Dadonov Malgin Hoffman - Dadonov brings speed, the ability to crash the net and finishing plays to the second line. He's definitely a 5vs5 goalscorer, and there might be some "russian connection" chemistry between them. Malgin has the ability to find open players and pass to them, so Hoff could end up shooting the puck even on 5vs5 plays (which he didn't do often being centered by Tro or Boyle).

Vatrano Boyle Tro - A line that will be good on forechecking/grinding, and that will be able to produce some offense on the good days (when the Tank and Tro heat up).

Toninato/Hunt Acciari Sceviour - Back to basics, this is a proven very effective grinder line. Might even try to sit Sceviour and replace him with Toninato who I think has a better shot (Sceviour has the weakest shot on the team IMO) and doesn't draw penalties either, so ending up like this : Hunt Acciari Toninato.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
What about :

Huberdeau Barkov Connolly - Not splitting Huby and Barkov, which can't be a bad thing, plus get Conn to play with two super talented playmakers who will set him up a lot. His wrist shot is really sick, even from a distance.

Dadonov Malgin Hoffman - Dadonov brings speed, the ability to crash the net and finishing plays to the second line. He's definitely a 5vs5 goalscorer, and there might be some "russian connection" chemistry between them. Malgin has the ability to find open players and pass to them, so Hoff could end up shooting the puck even on 5vs5 plays (which he didn't do often being centered by Tro or Boyle).

Vatrano Boyle Tro - A line that will be good on forechecking/grinding, and that will be able to produce some offense on the good days (when the Tank and Tro heat up).

Toninato/Hunt Acciari Sceviour - Back to basics, this is a proven very effective grinder line. Might even try to sit Sceviour and replace him with Toninato who I think has a better shot (Sceviour has the weakest shot on the team IMO) and doesn't draw penalties either, so ending up like this : Hunt Acciari Toninato.
I like lines 1,2 and 4; don't love the third line.
Yeah I'd at least try this before splitting Barkov and Huberdeau.

Reactions: panthersdu67

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
This is a very bad idea. I don’t like how Trocheck is playing right now, but he’s literally our only choice for 2C. There’s no one else.

Tallon needs to work on center depth real bad this offseason. (Or hopefully at the deadline, but those players are very difficult to acquire period let alone in season.

Andreas Athanasiou - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps can he play Center?? He has an awesome Year behind him. Larkin and Athansiou are the last remaining Player from a failed rebuild. Half of the Detroit Team are Player over 31 and less quality Youth coming next. The whole Roster reads like Player on there last NHL turns.
Detroit when they go into rebuild will be a seller.

Dont see not much of 2nd Line Center on the Market as you said.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
We just need to push Trocheck down the lineup. And right now, the best option is unfortunately splitting Huby and Barky

Connolly Barkov Dadanov
Huberdeau Malgin Vatrano
Trocheck Acciari Hoffman
Toni/Hawryluk Boyle Sceviour

Are we back on this Discussion Point why not, i wouldnt splitt up the 1st Line. It doesnt worked out the last Time we played it.
Huberdeau and Trocheck and a small run and after some Games the froze again and Huberdeau jumped back on 1st Line and we get the scoreing again.

In a Situation we are in current the PO Race, you dont splitt up your online real reliable scoreing Line, who delievers Goals and Points for the Wins.
What im also into would be switching and spitting up 2ns and 3rd Line till one starting to score concistent or find chemistry.

And yes hoffmann and Connolly played last Games a lot behind the Goal or board battles. and that is not trocheck Games.

Dont stone me but i would call up Borgstrom again.
Vatrano and Connolly are players for Board Battels while Borgstrom loves to play and effective the 2nd Player roll a bit of the Board. And when Borgstrom was in one thing real good set up player. Like Barkov he has an Eye for the open man, but he need to shoot more like Barkov. But the rest of him is not as best or it could be.

Trocheck and Hoffmann together on 3rd Line why not, thta would give them maybe other Player to play against and maybe then more able to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad