Post-Game Talk: Panthers kick off November with their 10 straight win vs Detroit. 22-3 in last 25 in the Motor City

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Enter guzda, waeber, glifford, muszelik and gerasimyuk. I have a feeling waeber and guzda are seen as the contingency plan if Bob falls off a cliff or is traded and Knight is no longer seen as a future starter. Waeber has yet to look bad and guzda looks like he may be a backup one day. Zito was smart to not put all of his goaltending eggs in the Knight basket. He stockpiles at all positions, unlike any Panthers GM I can think of.
He gave a goalie on an ELC with 30 games experience during which he was pretty mediocre 4.5 million a year, I would say he has invested far too heavily in knight.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
He gave a goalie on an ELC with 30 games experience during which he was pretty mediocre 4.5 million a year, I would say he has invested far too heavily in knight.

One of the weirdest moves he’s made. Of course he couldn’t have known what would happen with Knight’s OCD issues and he probably also expected Bob to be cooked lol

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
One of the weirdest moves he’s made. Of course he couldn’t have known what would happen with Knight’s OCD issues and he probably also expected Bob to be cooked lol
Knight was terrific until his issues overtook him. Hopefully he’ll come back, but this time last year he looked to be taking over the starting role. Iirc

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Knight was terrific until his issues overtook him. Hopefully he’ll come back, but this time last year he looked to be taking over the starting role. Iirc
He signed the extension before that, until then he had a .909% and 2.74GAA. Nothing worth 4.5M, but GMs have recently paid a premium to get top prospect to sign a contract that still ends as a RFA.
And yeah, he was playing great until Maurice mentioned that he basically was the number 1, iirc in Winnipeg or something.

RJMA

Feb 15, 2023
Let me clarify. Yea, he overpaid on Knight. I fully agree. But by loading up the cupboard with young goalies of varying ages, Zito at least has some sort of contingency plan in place.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
He signed the extension before that, until then he had a .909% and 2.74GAA. Nothing worth 4.5M, but GMs have recently paid a premium to get top prospect to sign a contract that still ends as a RFA.
And yeah, he was playing great until Maurice mentioned that he basically was the number 1, iirc in Winnipeg or something.
I know he signed before, it’s a mystery why he chose to give him that, maybe something was in the works? Or something else was being discussed, but I’ll take this kind of contract over a Bolland/Matheson(at the time)/Bob/etc contract.

Reactions: RogerRoger

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

Could this also hindered him? A lot pressure signing that big deal. High pressure and OCD not a good combo?

Reactions: BabyBennettov

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I think the playoffs helped Bob solidify himself with this organization. He was really shaky up to that point and I couldn’t wait to figure out how to get rid of him. But he has turned it around. I do think a lot of his problems were mental and the epic playoff run helped him feel good about his play and his spot here as our go-to guy in net. I would bet he loves being counted on as the guy and is feeling very confident right now

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I think the playoffs helped Bob solidify himself with this organization. He was really shaky up to that point and I couldn’t wait to figure out how to get rid of him. But he has turned it around. I do think a lot of his problems were mental and the epic playoff run helped him feel good about his play and his spot here as our go-to guy in net. I would bet he loves being counted on as the guy and is feeling very confident right now

Hope this is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad