Post-Game Talk: Panthers @ Islanders: Holy **** a save percentage over .900

More likely outcome of tonight's game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Weegar is a late bloomer, has room to get better and is better offensively. Petro has hit his ceiling, he's the same guy he was a couple of years ago.

I think Petrovic would be fine if he used his size and was more physical to offset other deficiencies, but he's not. I think Weegar actually plays a more physical game, and that's a little bizarre.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
So I’ll just say this. Tallon is still in the doghouse, big time.
oh really? is tallon still in the doghouse after a single regular season win in which were still under .500 and we shot a billion pucks into the goalies logo and gave up way more quality chances than we got despite doubling up on shots? pfft how brave.

this game was garbage. we generated nothing and came away with a lucky win. the islanders had about 4 more real scoring chances than we did on half the shots. reimer won it for us. that's a nice change. but its not sustainable. the teams going absolutely nowhere even if luongo came back today. people here are the definition of fickle. we lose a game and the sky is falling. we win a game and people start talking playoffs. absolute madness.

Last edited:

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
Im watching the highlights on ESPN, and that delay of game penalty was definitely deserved. Boughner sent out like 8 guys after the icing to delay the game on purpose.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Im watching the highlights on ESPN, and that delay of game penalty was definitely deserved. Boughner sent out like 8 guys after the icing to delay the game on purpose.

To be fair, teams have been pulling stuff like this almost on a game to game basis since that rule came into effect. For them to actually call a penalty in a tie game that late is ridiculous in my opinion.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA

Yeah, the Islanders broadcast showed it and it's true. It did seem like we were going to be shutout but credit the boys for coming back and winning. I think Bog/Weegar could play at least a few more shifts, they looked fine. Finally that Hoffman PP snipe we've been dreaming of.

-ghoste

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
oh really? is tallon still in the doghouse after a single regular season win in which were still under .500 and we shot a billion pucks into the goalies logo and gave up way more quality chances than we got despite doubling up on shots? pfft how brave.

this game was garbage. we generated nothing and came away with a lucky win. the islanders had about 4 more real scoring chances than we did on half the shots. reimer won it for us. that's a nice change. but its not sustainable. the teams going absolutely nowhere even if luongo came back today. people here are the definition of fickle. we lose a game and the sky is falling. we win a game and people start talking playoffs. absolute madness.
So winning that game is unsustainable but losing all the others was sustainable? U just proved your inability to judge hockey. Completely contradicted yourself. In the last 6 periods we have held the opponent to 6 shots or less on 4 of them. That’s the definition of sustainable. U should try watching the games instead of highlights. U might learn hockey and gather some much needed knowledge

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Been a pretty amazing to watch how they've handled Hoffman so far, he should get a reward on the 1st line next game.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
So winning that game is unsustainable but losing all the others was sustainable? U just proved your inability to judge hockey. Completely contradicted yourself. In the last 6 periods we have held the opponent to 6 shots or less on 4 of them. That’s the definition of sustainable. U should try watching the games instead of highlights. U might learn hockey and gather some much needed knowledge

Still losing your time over his comments and opinions ?

I wouldn't... ;)

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Aside from Reimer’s performance last night, Hutch has been the better goalie of the two. IMO

We’ll get the normal Reimer next game I bet

I thought hutch was ok until the rangers game, that was cringe worthy. Reimer least played a complete game and got a win, so he should be our 'starter' for now. Hard to really compare one dud to another...

With our schedule doesn't really matter anyways. Reimer plays njd, then the two split in Finland. Hopefully lou back after that and we don't see either of those guys except in back to backs.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Aside from Reimer’s performance last night, Hutch has been the better goalie of the two. IMO

Maybe.

But Reimer does give you spurts of good play, usually 5 game spurts. If he gives us that, that is in time for Luongo'a return.

Both have been bad but the best performances we have seen are Tampa reimer and last night.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
For all the flack Petrovic and Bjugstad get...both of them played really well last night and should get some recognition for that.

Bjugstad drives me crazy. I'll never hate him, but from one shift to the next, he turns into a completely different player.

On that Vatrano goal, really great play by Bjugstad. Heads up, quick, decisive, aware of everything, nice play. Clutch play. But you pick another shift at random and follow him, and maybe he looks drunk out there. Stumbling around, turning the puck over, not even noticing good passes his direction until they're too late, etc. It's frustrating.

As for Petrovic, yeah, I liked what I saw last night. You know what it was? More aggressive, more physical. He's never going to be a brilliant defenseman either way, but he's big and he can be tough when he has the right mindset for it. Go out there and hit people, rip the puck on the next when they're leaving you open back there, and it'll go a long way.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
This doesn't exist though, he's either horrible or very good. I would ride him and hope he's on a good streak. I would have agreed that Hutch was better until the Rangers game but that was terrible.

Thankfully it's only 3 more games till Lu's back though.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
TSN has Hoffman with 4 goals already....why can't I remember 2 of them.

I think im just repressing this season, either way good win.

3 of them were pretty forgettable, to be honest lol. The first two deflected off defenders sticks and went in and the 3rd was a wrap around that he banked off the goalies inner leg and in.

The one last night was really an indication of the kind of shot he possesses. I didn't even really like his game as a whole all that much, but he came through clutch, so whatever.

Reactions: pantherbot

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I wouldn't mind seeing Huberdeau play a game with Daddy/Barky to see if they could rekindle there flame. While they get some plays with Bjugs I feel they would score a lot more if they had a winger there that had better hockey IQ and the plays wouldnt die so often because of lack of that. I don't know why but I feel like Vatrano would fit Trocheck game. Hoffman shouldn't be playing with Trocheck. Hoffman needs a setup man.

Oh yeah and.. can we for the love of god have our forwards playing there correct sides on the PP! It's like they want the PP to fail taking away the one timer
One problem with the Bjugstad hate is the narrative that Barkov and Dadanov are creating so much offense. They don't. Taking an unnecessarily long back skate with the puck (or just taking unnecessarily too long to turn up ice with the puck in general) before you charge up ice into a defense that is already waiting for you because of that back skate, is not creating offense. You might as well be trying to skate into a brick wall, and you can see it just by how much physical contact they have to fight through with the puck as opposed to most people. And that leads to them up against the boards in the ozone most of the time with the opponent draped all over them which of course leads to the puck going the other way. Most of the time they have any open space with the puck is because of a pass they got from Bjugstad out of the defensive zone.
I'm not seeing all of this offense that they are creating that Bjugstad is killing. Especially Dadanov who doesn't have the puck handling skills or size that Barkov does. Dadanov kills offensive plays constantly in the ozone with getting the puck stripped or with bad passes or other reasons, and no one says a peep. He should never hold on to the puck too long, and he holds on to it longer than most players.
Barkov is far from perfect too, but he's "just playing hockey" and those things happen. But Bjugstad gets crapped on constantly for actually working hard, playing good defense, being the one consistently getting the puck out of the defensive zone, cycling the puck in the ozone by keeping possession of the puck against the boards, being good against the boards in the d and ozone. But if he makes a bad play (which everyone does, especially on this team) "he kills the offense play all the time". It's crazy. If it wasn't for Bjugstad they would have much less offensive zone time than they already do.

Last edited:

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006

Yeah, really. Tallon hasn’t left my doghouse since the expansion draft. But I just got tired of harping on him all the time. Now it’s just way too obvious because he’s the main reason for the crappy season.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Yeah, really. Tallon hasn’t left my doghouse since the expansion draft. But I just got tired of harping on him all the time. Now it’s just way too obvious because he’s the main reason for the crappy season.

But for the crappy Goalie Situation we are in, 3 Goalies none of them i would set in the TOP 15 Goalie list in this Season. So we have 2 Back-Ups and 1 who already should retire.
But hey no one should get the blame for it and special no one is responsible for, as special the GM and the Person of the Hockey Operation. Who should look forward more then a single Season.

But for the respect of a dedicated Player of this Sport, you let him play aslong he can stand on two feets. Even he can´t push during Butterfly position and a Post to Post safe is already dangerous for another leg groin Injury. I praise the best GM, for his long View.
Im happy that we can fight with 6-9 other Teams on 5 starter Goalies on the TDL or next Offseason FA to get one. Or better give him one more Year.

It´s crazy when you think big Aniversary Year and the only thing we can do is slow step every Year by Year or 2 Year and get into a Situation you dont want to be in and it was able to avoide.
And there are only 2 Option, you pay them big Money to get one and get into the bidding war or you have to say good bye on some Pieces. And then you hope your own Goalie, will join the Club and get step by step into the NHL Level.

And this Goalie Situation is a Doghouse decision and we played 8 Games already get bite by the Dog cause the catcher get caught Off Guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad