More likely outcome of tonight's game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Kinkaid, quick, Schneider, Bobrovski, Fleury, Matt Murray, Allen, Andersen, Hellebyuck, Vasilevsky, Dubnyk, Varlamov, Rinne, Crawford, Halak, Rask, Gibson. And i will stop here to be a bit fair to you.
WHAT?!, More durable, debateable, Yes, statistically no, No, LOL, Better Team, Better Team, Yes and Better team, Not so sure on this one, NO, Yes, Someone actually less durable, LMFAO, Better team, Debateable but is younger.

When healthy, Luongo performs at an absolute Elite level.

The problem is durability. If health was equal across all these goalies, Luongo's save percentage SQUARELY puts him at top 5 based on last year.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I'd still take 39yr old Lu over the bolded ones.

I think we should chase Quick in off season if Lu retires. 4yr commitment for an aging veteran who can still play high level for at least 3-4 years. Enough time for Montembault to develop and we can draft a goalie or two in mid rounds this year as well

That is the same thing we would go with Bobrovski, 4-5 Years contract and then we are able to see where is Monty going in his developing process. Current if you go after a young Goalie for the Future i would go heavy after Kinkaid, if New Jersey let him go. But the Price wil be high.
Kinkaid will be another Top goalie that find his way to New jersey.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Allen is one of the worst starters in the league. lol

Putting him above Luongo makes you lose all credibility.

And the Allen thing is not just this season. He wasn't particularly good last season either!

And yeah, some of your other choices are baffling lol.

I know about a single mistakes, i always loose all credibility on you, go so. I hope you keep this up and dont response to me, in the future.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
WHAT?!, More durable, debateable, Yes, statistically no, No, LOL, Better Team, Better Team, Yes and Better team, Not so sure on this one, NO, Yes, Someone actually less durable, LMFAO, Better team, Debateable but is younger.

When healthy, Luongo performs at an absolute Elite level.

The problem is durability. If health was equal across all these goalies, Luongo's save percentage SQUARELY puts him at top 5 based on last year.

When healthy Lo0ungo, which Healthy Loungo. You speak that Loungo who said last Season his Body hurts after the Season, that Loungo who is 39 and only live from his goe and positioning play.
What you all awaite from a Goalie this Age, even Brodeur had his problems in the later Age, still had his Ability. But you cant say a Goalie who has problems with his moving is an Elite Level.
A Goalie live from his ability moving fast left to right and able to stretch out, Loungo even after operation and new Season showed he has Problems in this Moving.

For all i will count how often some of you will post during this Season, Loungo this Puck you should have, cause he is so Elite.
Elite is his whole Career and his Life, but his Abilitys getting badder and badder from Season to Season and i wrote already last year far to often, you should have this Puck.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
That is the same thing we would go with Bobrovski, 4-5 Years contract and then we are able to see where is Monty going in his developing process. Current if you go after a young Goalie for the Future i would go heavy after Kinkaid, if New Jersey let him go. But the Price wil be high.
Kinkaid will be another Top goalie that find his way to New jersey.

Quick is more proven in playoffs and is cheaper in terms of AAV. He'd probably cost one of our 1st + b level prospect though.

Bobrovsky wouldn't cost any picks or prospects as a UFA but worried he will want $8-9 million and he hasn't been stellar in the playoffs.

Quick

Recent groin injury, picks and prospects in trade are a negative

AAV savings, playoff success, conn smythe and two cups are a positive. His contract drops off big time after next year in terms of actual dollars paid too.

VS

Bobrovsky

2 years younger, No picks or prospects given up and 2 vezina trophies are a positive

Big UFA contract ($7.5 to 9 million AAV) and no playoff success are a negative. He's also had a groin injury

As for Kinkaid, he looks tempting but has never played more than 41 games. As he plays more, his numbers get worse. NJD doesnt have good defense so maybe that's why but he gives me a Reimer vibe if giving him a 3-4 year deal.

Last edited:

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
Quick is more proven in playoffs and is cheaper in terms of AAV. He'd probably cost one of our 1st + b level prospect though.

Bobrovsky wouldn't cost any picks or prospects as a UFA but worried he will want $8-9 million and he hasn't been stellar in the playoffs.

Quick

Recent groin injury, picks and prospects in trade are a negative

AAV savings, playoff success, conn smythe and two cups are a positive. His contract drops off big time after next year in terms of actual dollars paid too.

VS

Bobrovsky

2 years younger, No picks or prospects given up and 2 vezina trophies are a positive

Big UFA contract ($7.5 to 9 million AAV) and no playoff success are a negative. He's also had a groin injury

As for Kinkaid, he looks tempting but has never played more than 41 games. As he plays more, his numbers get worse. NJD doesnt have good defense so maybe that's why but he gives me a Reimer vibe if giving him a 3-4 year deal.
Just get me there two years in a row. I dont care

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Just get me there two years in a row. I dont care

Mack, Haley, McGinn, Petrovic UFA's and Jokinen's buyout done this year gives us nearly $10 million. No big raises due for another 2-3 years. We have a good 3-4 year window starting next year if we get a "A" level goalie. Tallon better make this his biggest off season task, if he is still GM at that time.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Mack, Haley, McGinn, Petrovic UFA's and Jokinen's buyout done this year gives us nearly $10 million. No big raises due for another 2-3 years. We have a good 3-4 year window starting next year if we get a "A" level goalie. Tallon better make this his biggest off season task, if he is still GM at that time.

I think that the mgmt is really trying to groom Montembeault to be the starter for years to come even though it's rather big gamble to put all eggs in one flimsy basket. iirc, Tallon said like two years ago that this guy will be a starter for the Cats... okay...

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I think that the mgmt is really trying to groom Montembeault to be the starter for years to come even though it's rather big gamble to put all eggs in one flimsy basket. iirc, Tallon said like two years ago that this guy will be a starter for the Cats... okay...

Hire Lu as goaltending coach when he retires in a year or two.
Bring in Quick through trade.
Pretty good duo to groom Sam Mon...irie?

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

I don't think that LAK will trade Quick since Campbell ain't that good at least not yet. LAK should just keep Kopi, Doughty, Muzzin and Quick, and trade anything that looks old and/or slow. Carter would be their best bet for a team that's looking to bolster their middle6 center position. Tallon probably will be, yet again, very risk averse and he's not going to sign some enigma for 8 years at $9mil per or trade a good haul of picks and prospects for another Reimer in the ranks. It'll be another non-move in the slow 'n steady-strategy no matter how painful this waiting game is.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I don't think that LAK will trade Quick since Campbell ain't that good at least not yet. LAK should just keep Kopi, Doughty, Muzzin and Quick, and trade anything that looks old and/or slow. Carter would be their best bet for a team that's looking to bolster their middle6 center position. Tallon probably will be, yet again, very risk averse and he's not going to sign some enigma for 8 years at $9mil per or trade a good haul of picks and prospects for another Reimer in the ranks. It'll be another non-move in the slow 'n steady-strategy no matter how painful this waiting game is.

I just look at them and see a team in need of a 2 year re-tool. They got some nice young prospects, goalies included that would be be ready come 2020-2021 and Kopi and Doughty would still have a good 4-5 years left in them.

They have some injuries which might make them look worse than their current record but we do have the assets (1sts + forward prospects) they would need if they decide to re-tool.

Quick is 33 in January so this off-season may be a good year for LA to get max value for him while you can. His current injury may keep him out for 2 months and they may be out of the race by the time he returns. Just spitballing more or less on my part. We definitely need to find a goalie capable of 50+ games for the next 2-3 years.

Reactions: GermanPanther

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I just look at them and see a team in need of a 2 year re-tool. They got some nice young prospects, goalies included that would be be ready come 2020-2021 and Kopi and Doughty would still have a good 4-5 years left in them.

They have some injuries which might make them look worse than their current record but we do have the assets (1sts + forward prospects) they would need if they decide to re-tool.

Quick is 33 in January so this off-season may be a good year for LA to get max value for him while you can. His current injury may keep him out for 2 months and they may be out of the race by the time he returns. Just spitballing more or less on my part. We definitely need to find a goalie capable of 50+ games for the next 2-3 years.

If their current rank in the standings remains to the end of the season, they can add significant pieces at the draft without trading Quick. Reimer is still a .915 save% goalie even though he has let easy goals in. Teams with worse goalies have proceeded to the playoffs so the team atm just needs to commit to playing better defense when their goalie is cold.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
If their current rank in the standings remains to the end of the season, they can add significant pieces at the draft without trading Quick. Reimer is still a .915 save% goalie even though he has let easy goals in. Teams with worse goalies have proceeded to the playoffs so the team atm just needs to commit to playing better defense when their goalie is cold.

Ya that's a good point. I'm shocked he doesnt have a NMC/NTC but he did sign his current deal back in 2013.

Going into next year though, Reimer can't be the main guy. We need to address goaltending no matter what happens this year imo.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Ya that's a good point. I'm shocked he doesnt have a NMC/NTC but he did sign his current deal back in 2013.

Going into next year though, Reimer can't be the main guy. We need to address goaltending no matter what happens this year imo.

Well, Dale has addressed goat lending by relying on that he can just waltz into the FA and get any type of goalie he wants when he needs one. In the meanwhile, rest of the teams in the league are drafting one goalie on average in each draft which leads to keeping the cream of the crop and letting guys like Dale have the rotten apples. Even if Dale wants to backtrack in his plans, that means persuading Lu to retire immediately or trading Reimer who basically has no trade value when there's plenty of backups available in the FA. If Monty performs well in the AHL this season, Dale might take that as an evidence that he's ready for the backup job with the Cats and Reimer has to be traded in that case i.e. Reimer plus some prospect to cover that cap hit. Since the Hoff-trade was an easy win for the Cats it's probably a time for an easy loss at the trade block because it's Dale we're talking about...

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

But even if Monty plays this Season 40 or 60 Games in the AHL. Then he has 100 Pro Games played in the AHL and that should be our next Starter that is more then questable.
You usual give the first the Back Up Job to get into the NHL Level, an then give him around 25-35 Games and then you can see can he do more or not. Even he play a good Season in the AHL he wont see more as 20 Games in the as Back Up. 22years only 2 Pro Season till you get the NHL Back Up Job, that is in my Eyes to early to predict. Also when the Season goes complete wrong it will throw him back, as we had with Markstrom.

So even if Tallon wants him as a Starter, he need a Veteran Goalie for bring Monty the NHL step by Step near. Monty did a good Job since Hutchinson is with the Panthers but that is only his 2nd Year.
A long Way to go, till he is a Starter or Back Up Goalie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad