Rumor: Panthers interested in trading for Bobrovsky, deal would include Brassard

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Luongo goes to Ottawa because his salary is actually peanuts compared to his cap hit. He can play out his few more years as a backup and Ottawa ownership is thrilled.

Reimer goes to Columbus to back up Korpisalo

Florida picks up one of Phily's castoffs to back up Bob.
Does he have a NMC?

Merc29

Sid ney Cr os by
Jul 3, 2006
Minot, ND
I know Pittsburgh and Columbus are in the same division, but boy oh boy these two teams could seriously cut middle man costs if they just talked to each other directly

goal1228

Jun 17, 2009
Brooks is a tool. Luongo still has 3 years left on his contract. No way Bob goes there

goal1228

Jun 17, 2009
Would you go to Ottawa or Columbus over Florida if you had a NTC? Would florida pay Bob top dollar and Luongo over 4 million to its cap a year to backup. It does not make any sense imo

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
He's 39 and the last 3 years of his contract are worth about $3m total. He'll probably retire before that contract is over.

He will probably retire after next season. If the Panthers get Bob, I would think they will trade/buy out Reimer, and go with a Bob/Lou (no pun intended) tandem, and try to get Luongo to the dance one last time. I think Luongo can be an elite backup, if he plays around 30 games.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Would you go to Ottawa or Columbus over Florida if you had a NTC? Would florida pay Bob top dollar and Luongo over 4 million to its cap a year to backup. It does not make any sense imo

It does if you knew the Luongo situation, or that the Panthers can have up to $30+ million to go after Bob, and whoever else they want to (Panarin).

Reactions: Beezeral

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
They aren’t paying Luongo 4 million a tear anymore. He’s making 3.38 this year and 1.6 next year.

goal1228

Jun 17, 2009
It does if you knew the Luongo situation, or that the Panthers can have up to $30+ million to go after Bob, and whoever else they want to (Panarin).
Lol....over 13 million in cap tied up in goal tending.....great plan!

goal1228

Jun 17, 2009
Is that how any over 35 contract works? Im asking because im not sure. I thought it goes against the cap no matter what

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad