Rumor: Panthers interested in trading for Bobrovsky, deal would include Brassard

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Bobrovsky turns 31 prior to next season and they want to give him an 8 year contract ? Are they crazy ? That contract better not be around Carey Price money as well .

You pay a goalie that much money he better be prime Hasek , Roy good and not just in the regular season but the playoffs and Bobrovsky has not been in his career so far. His teams weren't great but that doesn't mean he can't be even if his team sucks infront of him.

Last edited:
Reactions: I am not exposed

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Lol.

"Just Anyone" in green on the right:

IqxbdmL.png
Hmm, maybe they should go after Ken Dryden then! See how logic works?

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
Bobrovsky turns 31 prior to next season and they want to give him an 8 year contract ? Are they crazy ? That contract better not be around Carey Price money as well .

You pay a goalie that much money he better be prime Hasek , Roy good and not just in the regular season but the playoffs and Bobrovsky has not been in his career so far. His teams weren't great but that doesn't mean he can't be even if his team sucks infront of him.

We did sign Reimer to a 5 year contract, so yes, we are crazy.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
We did sign Reimer to a 5 year contract, so yes, we are crazy.

I would look at the contract Dallas gave to Ben Bishop who turned 31 early in his first season with the Stars and go from there . I'd offer somewhat higher salary than the Stars gave Bishop but still probably less than Bob makes now ( say 6.5-7 ish ) . Bishop also came off a dissapointing season prior to becoming an UFA and he took less money on a 6 year deal . Yeah he doesn't have Bobs regular season hardware and is a bit prone to getting injured but Bishop went to a SCF and an ECF with Tampa and put a great numbers in those runs.

In the end regular season hardware is useless if you can't do anything in the playoffs.

You wanna be paid like one of the absolut best goalies in the league you better show up when the games matter . Bob so far hasn't so he shouldn't get a raise. Hell the way the season is going for him there's no reasonable case to be made he should get a raise. I mean Florida even doesn't have a state income tax which is another reason he should take less to play there.

6x6.75 sounds reasonable to me . If it's 8x8+ that'd be incredibly stupid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toe Pick

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't think Brassard and Reimer for Bobrovsky is all that far off. If Bob is coming with an extension, I imagine a decent prospect or pick gets added, but I don't think it's all that far off straight up. I think people are undervaluing Reimer in here, I don't see him as a cap dump or someone that needs to be bought out. He's having a down year (as is Bobrovksy), but he's only making $3.4 million for 2 years beyond this year and he's a solid platoon/1B goalie. I think you could do way worse than a Korpisalo/Reimer platoon for a year or 2.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
I don't think Brassard and Reimer for Bobrovsky is all that far off. If Bob is coming with an extension, I imagine a decent prospect or pick gets added, but I don't think it's all that far off straight up. I think people are undervaluing Reimer in here, I don't see him as a cap dump or someone that needs to be bought out. He's having a down year (as is Bobrovksy), but he's only making $3.4 million for 2 years beyond this year and he's a solid platoon/1B goalie. I think you could do way worse than a Korpisalo/Reimer platoon for a year or 2.

Brassard + conditional 1st for Bob is fair.

Once you add Reimer into the mix, the value gets muddied because of how little value (actually, none) he adds. In fact, it would be negative value to Columbus. There are better goalie options to acquire if Bob is moved, even if more expensive. Not to mention that we have three pretty darn good goalie prospects that will be pushing for NHL jobs next year, too.

If Reimer is added to Brass+1st, one of Heponiemi/Borgstrom/Tippet/Denisenko needs to be going to Columbus, as well.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Once you add Reimer into the mix, the value gets muddied because of how little value (actually, none) he adds. In fact, it would be negative value to Columbus. There are better goalie options to acquire if Bob is moved, even if more expensive. Not to mention that we have three pretty darn good goalie prospects that will be pushing for NHL jobs next year, too.

If Reimer is added to Brass+1st, one of Heponiemi/Borgstrom/Tippet/Denisenko needs to be going to Columbus, as well.

That's just ridiculous, come on now. Why is Reimer such a negative value asset and Bobrovsky has the value of Brassard and a conditional 1st? They're separated by 0.001 in save% this year. This goes back to my point that people are undervaluing Reimer here. You personally not valuing Reimer highly doesn't mean it's at all reasonable to ask for a borderline elite prospect on top of him just to take him. I don't even know if Brassrad and a conditional 1st for Bobrovsky is fair, but you're making it insanely worse by suggesting the bolded.

Bobrovsky is having a bad year and has been an absolute headcase this year. The idea that Brassard, Reimer, one of those prospects and a conditional 1st is fair for him as a rental is just lunacy.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
That's just ridiculous, come on now. Why is Reimer such a negative value asset and Bobrovsky has the value of Brassard and a conditional 1st? They're separated by 0.001 in save% this year. This goes back to my point that people are undervaluing Reimer here. You personally not valuing Reimer highly doesn't mean it's at all reasonable to ask for a borderline elite prospect on top of him just to take him. I don't even know if Brassrad and a conditional 1st for Bobrovsky is fair, but you're making it insanely worse by suggesting the bolded.

Bobrovsky is having a bad year and has been an absolute headcase this year. The idea that Brassard, Reimer, one of those prospects and a conditional 1st is fair for him as a rental is just lunacy.

Is this supposed to convince CBJ fans that Reimer isn't just a throw-in to the trade? And it somehow undersells Bob at the same time. Is it likely that Reimer returns to his previous Vezina form?

I understand how giving up Reimer helps the Panthers, don't see how it helps the CBJ.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Is this supposed to convince CBJ fans that Reimer isn't just a throw-in to the trade? And it somehow undersells Bob at the same time. Is it likely that Reimer returns to his previous Vezina form?

I understand how giving up Reimer helps the Panthers, don't see how it helps the CBJ.

No, it's supposed to convince CBJ fans that asking for someone like Tippett just to take Reimer is completely unreasonable. It's people either overrating Bobrovsky or underrating Reimer, my guess is that it's a little of both.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

That's again really high, he's a goalie and a rental one.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
No, it's supposed to convince CBJ fans that asking for someone like Tippett just to take Reimer is completely unreasonable. It's people either overrating Bobrovsky or underrating Reimer, my guess is that it's a little of both.

Fair enough. If you ask me, that's just one of those "We don't want him so badly that we'll ask for something silly just to prove it" situations.

Reactions: Viqsi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->