Rumor: Panthers interested in trading for Bobrovsky, deal would include Brassard

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
How this Rags beat reporter knows anything about what's going on between Ohio and Florida?

What would be Florida's plan with Luongo and Reimer then?

Luongo goes to Ottawa because his salary is actually peanuts compared to his cap hit. He can play out his few more years as a backup and Ottawa ownership is thrilled.

Reimer goes to Columbus to back up Korpisalo

Florida picks up one of Phily's castoffs to back up Bob.

Reactions: Husqvarna

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
FLA is very likely to flip Brass, and there were rumors flying that CBJ wanted Brass from Pitt. Thing is though, why trade for a rental Brassard and also trade your starting goalie? If they move Bob and/or Panarin, it's because they don't plan to compete this post season and want to build to the future. A rental doesn't help that unless they have a deal in place in advance.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Let Tallon make the trade, and then kick him out to the golf course when it comes to re-signing Bob.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
FLA is very likely to flip Brass, and there were rumors flying that CBJ wanted Brass from Pitt. Thing is though, why trade for a rental Brassard and also trade your starting goalie? If they move Bob and/or Panarin, it's because they don't plan to compete this post season and want to build to the future. A rental doesn't help that unless they have a deal in place in advance.

CBJ probably realizes Korpisalo is giving them just as good of goaltending as Bobrovsky is anyway.

Brassard will help them up the middle, is someone they'd be able to re-sign, and then I would assume you'll get a 1st rounder, which is a lottery pick, and then whatever else. Plus, CBJ could take Reimer from FLA to be their backup, and get another extra pick to do so.

So from Columbus' stand point, they have a guy who can be their starting goalie, and they can trade their other goalie who is walking in a few months, get some futures, and get players that can help them now as well.

Panarin to me, is the one they trade if they don't think they can make a deep run.

I'm of the belief Florida should just wait until Free Agency, so I don't get why they'd do this now and give up good assets. Trade Brassard for picks. Maybe trade a guy like Pysyk, and then on July 1, you know both Panarin and Bob are going to be there, so offer them both 7 year deals.

Reactions: DJAnimosity

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
Oh boy I hope so. 8 years and likely 7-8 million a year (or more) would be an egregiously bad contract.

RichBaster

Feb 18, 2015
CBJ probably realizes Korpisalo is giving them just as good of goaltending as Bobrovsky is anyway.

Brassard will help them up the middle, is someone they'd be able to re-sign, and then I would assume you'll get a 1st rounder, which is a lottery pick, and then whatever else. Plus, CBJ could take Reimer from FLA to be their backup, and get another extra pick to do so.

So from Columbus' stand point, they have a guy who can be their starting goalie, and they can trade their other goalie who is walking in a few months, get some futures, and get players that can help them now as well.

Panarin to me, is the one they trade if they don't think they can make a deep run.

I'm of the belief Florida should just wait until Free Agency, so I don't get why they'd do this now and give up good assets. Trade Brassard for picks. Maybe trade a guy like Pysyk, and then on July 1, you know both Panarin and Bob are going to be there, so offer them both 7 year deals.
I'd also add that I believe Jarmo said that if they trade any of the UFA guys like Panarin or Bob that they would be also looking for help for the team still. Brassard would be a low-risk-high-reward asset for the Jackets.

I doubt FL would be willing to give up their 1st unless it was lottery-protected. I doubt any team would do that anyway. More likely, you'd be seeing FL offer up a conditional 2020 1st assuming Bob signs a new deal, otherwise its a 2nd+other picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad