Rumor: Panthers interested in Bobrovsky + 8-year extension, per Brooksie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I get the concern with the cap hit.

But I find it mildly amusing that for a decade we complained that our team didnt spend enough.

Now that they are about to, people are getting scared of them doing it. Shit, I am just happy we are about to do big shit.

Lets get competitive FFS. I am tired of bargain bin hunting and hoping for a homerun. Bob is far from a homerun, but if he works out, that shit is out of here.

Desert Panther

Resident Lurker
Jun 23, 2002
Frisco, TX
Visit site
And by the time Bob is on the back half of the deal, it'll likely be Monty in net anyway. He's still our "goaltender of the future". I'm fine with 8 as long as it's a heavily front-loaded deal

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
Goaltending is the main reason why we aren't in a play-off spot. Tallon is goes after a Vezina winner to fix the issue. Pitchforks and hysteria ensue.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
We ain't going to Quebec or anywhere else. I messaged you on trade board with some insider stuff.

If the Panthers stay in Florida, it will be at BB&T through 2027. I haven't heard about any investors for after that. For as much as I assure people that there is no chance the Panthers will move before 2023 (there is none) I have no idea what ownership will do in July 2022 when they have the chance to opt out, but I'm assuming it's a non-zero chance. That's why, for as many people are (rightfully) concerned about the back end of that 8 year deal, I'm more interested in his play in the front half.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I get the concern with the cap hit.

But I find it mildly amusing that for a decade we complained that our team didnt spend enough.

Now that they are about to, people are getting scared of them doing it. ****, I am just happy we are about to do big ****.

Lets get competitive FFS. I am tired of bargain bin hunting and hoping for a homerun. Bob is far from a homerun, but if he works out, that **** is out of here.

Probably the good folks in the Soilers-camp thought the same thing about Lucic too and now two years later they are more than willing to donate their kidney or sacrifice their pet dog in order to get rid off from that contract.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
We comparing an aged winger who relied oh physicality and lacked speed to a goalie?

Yeah, players of same age so that makes Bob an aged player too in that regard, and mr Rovsky sure isn't making any waves in the crowd with those .890 save%'s. Vezinas in the cupboard or no. Just sign Reimer for an eight year bid if there's an appetite for more of the same.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Yeah, players of same age so that makes Bob an aged player too in that regard, and mr Rovsky sure isn't making any waves in the crowd with those .890 save%'s. Vezinas in the cupboard or no. Just sign Reimer for an eight year bid if there's an appetite for more of the same.

Player morale affects player performance. Who would have thought? And it isnt the age, it's the position.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
If the Panthers stay in Florida, it will be at BB&T through 2027. I haven't heard about any investors for after that. For as much as I assure people that there is no chance the Panthers will move before 2023 (there is none) I have no idea what ownership will do in July 2022 when they have the chance to opt out, but I'm assuming it's a non-zero chance. That's why, for as many people are (rightfully) concerned about the back end of that 8 year deal, I'm more interested in his play in the front half.

Did you see the comment on the video? The poster said it would be built right around 2022-2023 and itd be a new arena downtown Ft. Lauderdale and Las Olas area. Also mentions the opt out clause/possibility to move in the comment so they must be somewhat knowledgeable. Probably wont find any news as they said it's not public but that's a pretty bold statement to make no if he is friends with an investor. Take it with the smallest grain of salt you can but it would make some sense.

@pb1300 and @Pumaconcolorcoryi

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
The problem with Lucic is the number of hits he gave in his career. There's a neat article that you can find about how well players that hit that much age. You can clearly see that they fall apart at 29 years old. That's why I didn't want him back then.
The same will happen to Wilson, but he has less toll on his body so he should be okay until 30-31 years old.

That being said, I agree that Bob relies a lot on his athleticism, speed, and movement ability. I don't think he'll age as well as Luongo.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Player morale affects player performance. Who would have thought? And it isnt the age, it's the position.

Lumbus is currently on playoffs spots regardless of his piss poor performance so far. So we're switching a goalies of equal stats but with different reasons to suck.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Did you see the comment on the video? The poster said it would be built right around 2022-2023 and itd be a new arena downtown Ft. Lauderdale and Las Olas area. Also mentions the opt out clause in the comment so they must be somewhat knowledgeable. Probably wont find any news as they said it's not public but that's a pretty bold statement to make no if he is friends with an investor. Take it with the smallest grain of salt you can but it would make some sense.

Always said the best place for the Panthers is downtown FTL, Sawgrass draws tons of traffic but it’s not the kind that wants to stick around for a sporting event.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
The problem with Lucic is the number of hits he gave in his career. There's a neat article that you can find about how well players that hit that much age. You can clearly see that they fall apart at 29 years old. That's why I didn't want him back then.
The same will happen to Wilson, but he has less toll on his body so he should be okay until 30-31 years old.

That being said, I agree that Bob relies a lot on his athleticism, speed, and movement ability. I don't think he'll age as well as Luongo.

With that being said, that at least puts the team on accelerated notice to win. They would have to be on Bobrovsky's timetable now if his decline is real. At least the motivation to win is there.

This either all works out or it sucks donkey d***. Either way, I am not going to complain about the team wanting to spend and go "all-in."

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Did you see the comment on the video? The poster said it would be built right around 2022-2023 and itd be a new arena downtown Ft. Lauderdale and Las Olas area. Also mentions the opt out clause/possibility to move in the comment so they must be somewhat knowledgeable. Probably wont find any news as they said it's not public but that's a pretty bold statement to make no if he is friends with an investor. Take it with the smallest grain of salt you can but it would make some sense.

Ok, you perked my interest. What be happening?

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
With that being said, that at least puts the team on accelerated notice to win. They would have to be on Bobrovsky's timetable now if his decline is real. At least the motivation to win is there.

This either all works out or it sucks donkey d***. Either way, I am not going to complain about the team wanting to spend and go "all-in."
It's really disingenuous to pretend that people not being gung-ho about Bob are complaining that the team wants to spend and go all in.
Everyone wants the team to spend and go all in while the core is cheap and productive. It's just that some have reservation about spending a large amount of money to a goalie who's coming off his worse season yet.

Like I said a few weeks back, getting Bob this season isn't a bad idea. It will give us an idea of how he'll play behind our defense since it's unlikely it will change much this offseason. If he plays lights out, the rest of the way, it gives us a bit more confidence in him. Although, Reimer and Luongo were playing lights out after the All-Star break last season as well...

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Ok, you perked my interest. What be happening?

:laugh: my post pretty much says it all. There was a comment on a vid that ucant posted and the comment was saying hes a friend of an investor saying they're putting together a deal to build a new arena downtown FTL/Las Olas area around 2022/2023, the same time our lease/opt out is due.

Like I said, take it with a grain of salt.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
:laugh: my post pretty much says it all. There was a comment on a vid that ucant posted and the comment was saying hes a friend of an investor saying they're putting together a deal to build a new arena downtown FTL/Las Olas area around 2022/2023, the same time our lease/opt out is due.

Like I said, take it with a grain of salt.

Whatever keeps the team in South Florida, Im all for it. But since I live in Greece, and the team were to move, I could always move to that city if I decide to come back :DD

Anakinsky

Dec 21, 2018
Always said the best place for the Panthers is downtown FTL, Sawgrass draws tons of traffic but it’s not the kind that wants to stick around for a sporting event.

Exactly sawgrass does nothing..... They could not be currently located in a worse location. I would love to see Downtown Miami area be the place, but downtown Ft. Lauderdale would be great as well.

Hopefully this really is a possibly.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I hate the fact that the NHL deadline is so freaking late. The NBA started after the NHL season and their TDL is on Thursday.

Move that shit up already.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Goalies hit their prime later. 30 is young for a goalie. He's having a down year in a place he's unhappy and doesn't want to be, I'm not worried about his play. You give him 8 years and if it works out, great, if not, it'll be Quebec dealing with the back half of that deal. This team potentially has 4 years left in this market, it's time to go for it.

Exactly, what the hell are we waiting for....this is great news.

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

Yep, Lucic was a big slow pf who's body wore down from throwing so many hits, and who became obsolete with today's speed game. Bob is a goalie. Totally different. Yes he relies on his athleticism more than most goalies, but he isnt throwing hits and fists every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad