Rumor: Panthers Habs talking trade

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
You guys should stop dreaming about Huberdeau and Gudbranson. Not gonna happen. If there is a deal between the Habs and the Panthers then i could see something like this happening :

To Florida :
- Rene Bourque
- Nathan Beaulieu

To Montreal :
- Tomas Fleischmann
- Dimtry Kulikov

I don't think it would be bigger than that. Maybe some picks involved bu that's it.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
You guys should stop dreaming about Huberdeau and Gudbranson. Not gonna happen. If there is a deal between the Habs and the Panthers then i could see something like this happening :

To Florida :
- Rene Bourque
- Nathan Beaulieu

To Montreal :
- Tomas Fleischmann
- Dimtry Kulikov

I don't think it would be bigger than that. Maybe some picks involved bu that's it.

All this is gonna end up being Moen for a 4th round pick:laugh:

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Gallant was on the radio this mornign saying his favorite player to coach was Gallagher. Don't think or know if that has any pull in FLA but I think every player is tradable.

Tallon would have to put together a package that would be impossible for MB to turn down. Gallagher is the prototypical Bergevin player, so it would definitely take overpayment in order for Florida to acquire Gallagher. With that said, I agree that every GM has a price that can be met in order to trade away any player.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal

To Florida :
- Rene Bourque
- Nathan Beaulieu

To Montreal :
- Tomas Fleischmann
- Dimtry Kulikov

I have no problems turning this down.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Briere for upshall

I would. We get bigger, we save 500k, we fill a hole on RW and it would allow either White/Brian Boyle/ Dominic Moore to be 4th center.

Pacioretty - DD - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Upshall
Bournival - Eller -Bourque
Prust - White/Boyle/Moore - Weise

or

Pacioretty - DD - Iginla/Vrbata/Hemsky/Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gallagher/Hemsky
Bourque- Eller -Upshall
Prust/Bournival - White/Boyle/Moore - Weise

Every trade proposal I see here are sideways moves

I would say some are slight forward moves.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
To Florida: Emelin & Bourque

To Montreal: Campbell, Upshall, 3rd 2015.

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Beaulieu
Campbell-Weaver
Tinordi

No interest in getting +3 million cap hit for that package. Why target Upshall at all?

+Emelin HAS A FULL NTC. There is no way in hell he accepts a trade to Florida.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Tallon would have to put together a package that would be impossible for MB to turn down. Gallagher is the prototypical Bergevin player, so it would definitely take overpayment in order for Florida to acquire Gallagher. With that said, I agree that every GM has a price that can be met in order to trade away any player.

Pretty good reason to trade someone wouldn't you say.

Not saying it's going to happen but I'd consider anything that makes the Habs better.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
7Mil per season and all you could think of is putting him on the 3rd pair ? :laugh:

you place a player into a role that you believe best suits him. If we start putting players into roles based on salary, then let's program a machine to do it.

Campbell is one of those guys who signed a massive long term deal in his prime. It was known at the time that he likely won't be the same guy coming into the deal as he will be coming out of the deal, so you have to change your expectations of him accordingly. The price is steep, but that has been the nature of the market.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
you place a player into a role that you believe best suits him. If we start putting players into roles based on salary, then let's program a machine to do it.

Campbell is one of those guys who signed a massive long term deal in his prime. It was known at the time that he likely won't be the same guy coming into the deal as he will be coming out of the deal, so you have to change your expectations of him accordingly. The price is steep, but that has been the nature of the market.

7Mil for a 3rd pairing D... think about it for a sec.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
If it's something involving Moen his limited NTC expires July 1st I think.

habfaninvictoria

Nov 1, 2007
Victoria BC
Why on earth would we trade for a player with a 7 mill cap hit for the next 2 years who plays a position that we're OVER stacked at. We' have to be getting rid of a horrible contract and we'd have getting a great asset in return. Any deal between the two teams is for spare parts.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It would be nice to see the Habs get a big RH D but I doubt they make it happen anytime soon

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
I have no problems turning this down.

Even though i made the proposal , i wouldn't do it either. It's just an exemple of the type of deal i expect between the two teams if there is one. It's gonna be a scenery change-Gallant trying to get guys he likes kind of deal and nothing more imho.

prairie hab

Jul 4, 2007
SK
I think Flash on Pleky's wing would be magical fun to watch.

This guy has put up solid numbers barring his injury affected seasons. I am still having trouble seeing Mtl/Fla as trade partners however. They both need forward help and have surplus defensemen entering their prime.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Even though i made the proposal , i wouldn't do it either. It's just an exemple of the type of deal i expect between the two teams if there is one. It's gonna be a scenery change-Gallant trying to get guys he likes kind of deal and nothing more imho.

I understand this perfectly. That's why the Panthers-habs talk rumors don't have much legs at the moment. I feel MB or Dale just turn down whatever the other side had to offer.

Saintpatrick*

Why does every other trade proposal have Nathan Beaulieu in it? After Mcdonagh I'd be scared ****less to trade another great defensive prospect like Beaulieu.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Why does every other trade proposal have Nathan Beaulieu in it? After Mcdonagh I'd be scared ****less to trade another great defensive prospect like Beaulieu.

That's the way I see it too, as indicated below. The parallel is glaring to me.

Moreover, if you look at the difference between the Kings and the Habs, I don't think that the difference has been drafting. The difference has been that Lombardi has not beaten himself with losing trades - McDonagh-type trades - very often these past few years; quite the opposite in fact. To me, these proposals smell like a hurried McDonagh kind of trade: precipitously moving a large, extremely mobile, offensively savvy defenceman.

Edit: the trade that people are evoking strikes me as a kind of Erik Johnson, who after all was drafted 1st overall, for a young player who evokes comparisons with Ryan McDonagh. I like Johnson, but McDonagh is on a whole other level. And then some of these posts would just compound the silliness by adding high draft picks. Just doesn't equate with an analytical approach to asset management; it's just unvarnished heightism.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad