Rumor: Panthers Habs talking trade

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I wonder what they'd give us for Gallagher.

I'm sure his name comes up a lot. Just this morning Gerard Gallant was asked on 690, which player he enjoyed coaching the most. He didn't want to name one but then relented and said it was Gallagher, on account of his all-out effort on every shift.

He's a keeper, goes without saying.

beaverBFP

Dec 24, 2008
Winnipeg
If there's a deal here it won't involve any part of either's young core.

:shakehead

I don't know about that... Stole this off the main board, credit to caley.

“We’ll listen to any deal to make us better,†he said of the No. 1 pick.

Tallon also conceded, “Maybe it’s time to package some of our youth in a deal.â€

I asked what he meant. Here’s what he meant:

If the Panthers were to make defenseman Aaron Ekblad the No. 1 pick Friday, as most mock drafts suggest, he’d be the team’s 12th defender 6-3 or taller.

“You can only dress six,†Tallon said. “Might be able to package one or two defensemen for a young forward, somebody who’ll be with us seven to 10 years. Maybe we can package assets to get that goal scorer. We’ve been building the foundation. Now we’re deep enough.â€

Link: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/06/25/4201255/florida-panthers-appear-in-rare.html

K1ng0fthecastl3

May 16, 2014
NY
I'm sure his name comes up a lot. Just this morning Gerard Gallant was asked on 690, which player he enjoyed coaching the most. He didn't want to name one but then relented and said it was Gallagher, on account of his all-out effort on every shift.

You would think that Gallant would be pushing to get a few of the guys he like outta MTL, especially Gallagher. I don't think any trade will end up being made here in the foreseeable future.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

I'd take an overpayment for Gallagher.

TheGoalJudge

Feb 12, 2007
Gallagher fits exactly what Tallon wants. Maybe he is prepared to overpay.

Gallagher + other stuff for Bjugstad + Gudbranson.

Jamie Thomas

Apr 4, 2003
Bjugstad has to be close to untouchable. Had a good rookie season and his upside is trough the roof.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
This. The Panthers would be stupid to trade him.

At this point, yes, but there will come a time where a decision needs to be made. They have Huberdeau and Barkov as the cornerstones, and both play centre along with Bjugstad. Either Huberdeau switches to LW (which I think he played in Saint John), or Bjugstad to RW (which I think is silly). One will be traded to get a good winger for the other two, and I believe Nick is the odd man out.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
At this point, yes, but there will come a time where a decision needs to be made. They have Huberdeau and Barkov as the cornerstones, and both play centre along with Bjugstad. Either Huberdeau switches to LW (which I think he played in Saint John), or Bjugstad to RW (which I think is silly). One will be traded to get a good winger for the other two, and I believe Nick is the odd man out.

IMO, it's too early for them to trade away their young players without knowing exactly what they have. Barkov, Huberdeau and Bjugstad could be the beginning of something interesting for Florida (finally...). Having tremendous depth at center can lead you far (Pittsburgh). Their best bet IMO is to look for wingers via free agency while their centers are young and cheap (or trade someone on defense).

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
Anyone hoping for Gudbranson, without giving up Galchenyuk (or another huge asset), needs to stop...it's not happenin.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Not good trading partners IMO. Both teams want more offence while having a fairly deep prospect pool at defence.

I think I would rather see Pacioretty go at this point than Gallagher which isn't a slight at Pac.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Kulikov would be an interesting add. He'd be great in Montreal but might cause a logjam. He's clearly fallen in the Panthers eye but he must still be highly regarded. Wonder what the cost would be?

Oct 22, 2012
I would take an overpayment for any player, I don't fall in love with players, I fall in love with cup wins which we have not had in a long long time

Gallagher went from juniour, to 0.5 AHL season, to solidifying a roster spot, to solidifying a top line spot, and to finally showing signs of a playoff performer.

I don't think many teams could afford an overpayment, his value is high right now and it's still rising. No way he goes, he is building the foundation for what this team needs to transition towards and I'll be pissed if he gets traded. You should too.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Gallant was on the radio this mornign saying his favorite player to coach was Gallagher. Don't think or know if that has any pull in FLA but I think every player is tradable.

Only a few posts ahead, on this same page ... :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad