Rumor: Panthers Habs talking trade

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Makes sense with the Bergy Talon and now Gallant connection.
Wonder who Gallant is after ?

https://twitter.com/MurphysLaw74

Jimmy Murphy @MurphysLaw74 · 24m

To follow up on possible Habs-Panthers trade talks, one NHL source did claim Panthers shopping Kulikov again but not sure Habs interested.

Jimmy Murphy @MurphysLaw74 · 1h

Also heard Habs and Panthers talking trade. Wasn't for #1 pick but trying to confirm for what.

Jimmy Murphy @MurphysLaw74 · 2h

Per one NHL source today: "I think Habs are holding back on signing Weaver or bottom 6 D right now so they can get top 6 scoring F."

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
...Gudbranson...that's what we should be trying to pry from Florida...

Jimmy Murphy @MurphysLaw74 · 14m

Remember Huberdeau played for Gallant already. They're not trading him and Gudbranson considered part of young core.

Jimmy Murphy @MurphysLaw74 · 15m

Habs fans responding to my tweets with suggestions of Huberdeau or Gudbranson to Habs, keep dreaming! Huberdeau untouchable!

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
I don't understand-"Per one NHL source today: "I think Habs are holding back on signing Weaver or bottom 6 D right now so they can get top 6 scoring F."

Why would that stop them from signing Weaver if there trying to get a top 6 forward...how much is it going to cost to sign Weaver 1.5m ?

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
I don't understand-"Per one NHL source today: "I think Habs are holding back on signing Weaver or bottom 6 D right now so they can get top 6 scoring F."

Why would that stop them from signing Weaver if there trying to get a top 6 forward...how much is it going to cost to sign Weaver 1.5m ?

I guess Weaver wants more than 1.5m, maybe in the 2-3 m range (Matt Greene got a 4 years deal for 2.5 M per recently).

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Bournival
Budaj
Thomas
Andrighetto
Beaulieu
Desharnais

for

Gudbranson
Kulikov
Pirri
Gerry Gallant's pocket lint

Something along these lines but not all players involved obvs

Last edited:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Bournival
Budaj
Thomas
Andrighetto
Beaulieu

for

Gudbranson
Kulikov

Budaj to Fla might make some sense.....if Habs are goin to move him.

Fla back up goalie sporting ....879 sv% 3.62 goals against in 20 games last yr...the 6 games in a Panthers jersey 4.81gaa.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Budaj to Fla might make some sense.....if Habs are goin to move him.

Fla back up goalie sporting ....879 sv% 3.62 goal against

So many possibilities. If anything happens, which it probably won't, it'll be something really small like "ok you won't give us that guy and we won't give you this guy so how about Budaj for a 4th and a lock of Scott Gomez's hair"?

edit: joke's on Bergevin when he remembers Scotty is bald.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

over 3 mill between Frank the tank and Weaver...."bottom 6 d"

Retweeted by Jimmy Murphy
Richard Labbé @Richardlabbe · 9h

Also told #Habs have made no offers to F.Bouillon. But talks are scheduled between both sides at the draft.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
So many possibilities. If anything happens, which it probably won't, it'll be something really small like "ok you won't give us that guy and we won't give you this guy so how about Budaj for a 4th and a lock of Scott Gomez's hair"?

edit: joke's on Bergevin when he remembers Scotty is bald.

The head is not the only body part with hair, you know. :naughty:

Darz

Sep 22, 2002
Where's the ANY key?
Visit site

well considering his value is high right now, and he is a right handed dman, he might get more....he is probably looking to maximize his $$ and term right now considering this could be his last NHL contract.

CPrice

Feb 23, 2007
Bournival
Budaj
Thomas
Andrighetto
Beaulieu
Desharnais

for

Gudbranson
Kulikov
Pirri

Something along these lines but not all players involved obvs

Gudbranson has no chance of ever happening. Please stop throwing his name around.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
well considering his value is high right now, and he is a right handed dman, he might get more....he is probably looking to maximize his $$ and term right now considering this could be his last NHL contract.

I think you're right, he is testing waters ,as this may be his last contract.

Those same sources tell me that Mike Weaver is already in communication with other NHL clubs as well but #Habs still remain high on list.

Hearing through my sources that #Habs & Mike Weaver still talking but as @Richardlabbe reported no offer made to this point.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Must be for Budaj.

Gallant know he's the perfect back-up and he can lie and tell him it was not his call to play Tokarski.

tumblr_n1qn088hhH1qe46u5o3_r1_500.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad