Rumor: Panthers Habs talking trade

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Upshall & fleishman would be solid additions...

Macpac -DD- Upshall
Galch - Pleks - fleish
Bourque - Eller - Gallagher

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
It's Florida. If Huberdeau, Gudbranson or the 1st round pick goes.. It wouldn't even be one the top 100 craziest things to happen in Florida this month.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
It's Florida. If Huberdeau, Gudbranson or the 1st round pick goes.. It wouldn't even be one the top 100 craziest things to happen in Florida this month.

Besides a minor deal, the only real thrill for me is 1st pick.

What would it cost, not sure. But less than only Subban, Price, or Galchenyuk.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Man if we get the 1rst overall it would be awesome.

Could Ekblad play with Subban ?

I would actually try to trade someone like Beaulieu or Tinordi for the 3rd overall to draft Draisaitl.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Man if we get the 1rst overall it would be awesome.

Could Ekblad play with Subban ?

I would actually try to trade someone like Beaulieu or Tinordi for the 3rd overall to draft Draisaitl.

Ekblad is the clear-cut best talent in this draft imo. I'd give up Pacioretty ++ for him.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Ekblad is the clear-cut best talent in this draft imo. I'd give up Pacioretty ++ for him.

I like Ekblad but not at the cost of Patches.

We still need someone to score on the team and by trading away that scorer we have a huge void to fill.

Unless you flip Subban for a top line player.

Seems lateral to me though.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Quite likely you'll have the best D tandem for years, but you've lost your best scorer.

There are no heir apparants inn the minors.

How will we score any goals?

I'm not gonna come up with a few fantasy moves to answer that, because it's all fantasy after all :p

But what I do know is that it would give us an identity. Lots of offense generated from the blueline. Given that both Ekblad and Subban are RH, you could basically have one of them on the ice at almost any given time.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing

florida is such a messed up state, global warming putting it under water might actually be doing it a favour

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Ummm... Not sure if it's been atated already but I am pretty sure Gudbranson has concussion issues.

Since? You're just saying that or you have any sources? A quick google search just yields Malkin having concussion symptoms after a hit from Gudbranson.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
FLA isnt stupid #1, Huby, Bark, Berg, Grub & their core are not moving.

If they are looking to move younger guys with questions, I'd be after;

LW- Q. Howden
C-B. Pirri
RW- L. Shaw
D- D. Olson (Bergy pick w/Hawks)

GRIT PICK- K. Barch

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Yup, let's just give up our best scorer with size AND more.. for a kid who has never played a minute in the NHL and scouts wonder if he'll even be a top pairing D man, let alone an impact one.

Terrible..

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Yup, let's just give up our best scorer with size AND more.. for a kid who has never played a minute in the NHL and scouts wonder if he'll even be a top pairing D man, let alone an impact one.

Terrible..
The never played a minute in the NHL is a terrible line. Stamkos, MacKinnon, Nuge, and Crosby all never played in the NHL at some point.

However I agree that I wouldn't trade Pacioretty, Price, or Subban for Ekbald. Everyone else is fair game, but I don't think any other combo gets him.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Considering their cap, their depth and last season....Fleishman might be the target here.
He's a right winger, last year under contract, had a really bad year last season (buy low)...

But i'm really not sure what Panthers would need from us....cause their depth is the same as our.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Considering their cap, their depth and last season....Fleishman might be the target here.
He's a right winger, last year under contract, had a really bad year last season (buy low)...

But i'm really not sure what Panthers would need from us....cause their depth is the same as our.

I think this Florida thing has been blown way out of proportion. Expect a trade of secondary players. Somebody like a Ryan White

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad