Post-Game Talk: Panthers embarass McBackup, take 2 of 3 from Cup champs with a 6-4 win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
In a cap salary world, yes it does. What do you want exactly? A Canadian Olympic defense core? Bob is being paid to be a difference maker. I wish he was. :(

Yeah but just because he has a huge contract it isn't going to make him play better or anything, and people shouldn't be expecting him to be some gargantuan goalie just because he makes 8 figures. Of course you'll be disappointed. I'm not saying he's lived up to his end, but he's having a slightly worse season than Price right now, for comparable contracts.

We don't need Canada's defense core, but we do need a competent, above average blueline that can shut games down when need be or at least keep them tight. Not constantly implode. And when I say defense, I mean forwards also. Its a total team commitment that has to change. They do it in spurts, but its not good enough. Not if they want to be contenders. If they want to be a bubble team, then this defense is fine.

Reactions: Chaos2k7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad