Post-Game Talk: Panthers embarass McBackup, take 2 of 3 from Cup champs with a 6-4 win

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
DzkNbnw.png

:panthers

4183.jpg

CONFIRMED STARTING GOALIE
#60 Chris Driedger
4-1-1 .937SV% 1.97GAA

:bolts

Andre_vasilevski.jpg

PROBABLE STARTING GOALIE
#88 Andrei Vasilevskiy
8-2-1 .929 sv% 2.00GAA

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I just took the Lightning board template, credit @ days of 04

Tampa hasn't announced their starter but McBackup never plays, and Stamkos is back:

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Drieger needs to be given multiple starts in a row. Lets see if he's our horse. Maybe down the line Bob will request a trade

Reactions: harv33173

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Drieger needs to be given multiple starts in a row. Lets see if he's our horse. Maybe down the line Bob will request a trade

That's not how things work. If you really think that there's a market for Bob then Q cannot scratch Bob since he has to keep Bob in a marketable condition. And oh yeah, there's this $10mil per year thing, you might've heard of it.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
We will know very quickly which Panthers team showed up in Tampa.

Will the team that had the intensity of Thursday's Panthers or the team that was overwhelmed on Saturday be the one that steps on the ice.

Panthers set the tone of the game on Thursday, need to do that again tonight if they have a chance.

Once again; clog center ice, stay out of the box, and don't let the Lightning players move without a Panther on top of them.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
How nice it must be for them to trot out the same starting goalie every game.
It’s also nice to have had a team structure for years, from owners down, who are truly committed to winning on the ice. Not just one aspect but all aspects. They’re reaping the rewards now.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Man their lineup is so deep. Yanni Gourde as a 3rd line center and a Sergachev on the 3rd pairing... crazy. This is the thing that makes them better than most other teams plus the always solid goaltending

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Well, good news is I won't be at this game. I went to the game in Tampa back in December 2019 and they lost 6-1, and I was there on Saturday. I think I'll just sit out the games against TB from now on...

Reactions: pantherbot

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
How has Luostarinen looked for you guys? Was a fan of him on draft day. Curious how he's adjusting to the pro game.

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I thought of another example of how Goldie really favours Judge:

Before the first Tampa game, all the analysts gave their picks on Team MVP's so far. Goldie picked Judge, who coming off his worst performance of the season (a L), only had played four games up until that point.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I want Driedger to start multiple games in a row (unless he totally craps the bed tonight). Bobrovsky can earn his money sitting on the bench until he learns how to stop a f***ing beachball.

upload_2021-2-15_11-20-35.png

A toddler could figure out who the starting goalie should be. I'm not even kidding.

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I also find it amusing how multiple people here are saying Judge should start multiple games in a row. Judge has never faced Tampa before, are people just assuming he's going to be great tonight? :huh:

I sure hope so...

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I also find it amusing how multiple people here are saying Judge should serve multiple games in a row. Judge has never faced Tampa before, are people just assuming he's going to be great tonight? :huh:

I sure hope so...

His track record indicates he has more of a chance to stop the puck than $10 million bozo with his goals against north of 3 and save % south of 90. Judge should've started last game and deserves the net indefinitely until he proves he can't handle it.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
All I ask is for this team to play physical and play smarter, regardless if we win or lose.

Stop overpassing the puck looking for the perfect play! That's always been the most frustrating thing about this team the last few years and it reared it's ugly head last game on the offensive side of the puck.

Be smarter with puck management. We shouldn't be sending the whole cavalry to go score at every moment of the hockey game if we have already gained the lead or are at a deadlock. I'm NOT saying to relax, just how about keeping more guys back for goalie support instead of (e.g.) sending 2-3 guys up ice while we're PKing. How about not evacuating our own zone until the puck is officially out?

Reactions: Cold Cat

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
His track record indicates he has more of a chance to stop the puck than $10 million bozo with his goals against north of 3 and save % south of 90. Judge should've started last game and deserves the net indefinitely until he proves he can't handle it.
Just stop, please. You're acting silly.

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Your track record comment is really good, considering Judge only has 17 career games played.:lol:

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Duclair's inability to finish his chances has become concerning to me. I really like his speed, finesse, passing and effort level but he just can't seem to put the puck past the goaltender. Hopefully tonight is the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->