Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Ducks "PGT that'll inevitably become the GDT" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I thought they were gonna say Barch's last goal was during his last tenure as a Panther against Dallas that one night.. :laugh:

Panthersfan1989

Feb 24, 2013
S. Florida
Gillcrap n expired soup with a whooping -7 combo tonight leading the way...

Brian Campbell is a joke. Yeah hes consistent, consistent at being soft especially when it comes to work in the corners giving mediocre offense and being an all around awful assistant captain.. I'm so tired of all the love this guy gets because garrison got him all those point in his first season.. This team needs a freaking major over haul.. This team does not make the playoffs next year mark my words... Anyone else getting sick of turning their telecast on and watching them talk to everyone about how great it is to have lu back, like we will forget that everything in front of him sucks just like back in the early 2000's. We get it Lu is back, stop talking about it already.... Get some real ****ing players to help him so I'm not embarrassed every night walking out of the BB&T Center.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
campbell's not a joke, the teams a joke. you could put shea weber back there it wouldn't make a difference. as good as luongo is do you expect him to win right now? of course not. its not because he's "a joke", its because the team is bad in front of him. and you have to expect this is what the outcomes will be for the rest of the season. we have pirri, trocheck, wilson, barch, hayes, gomez, jovanovski, whitney, olsen, robak, crabb, all rotating through this lineup right now. did you expect us to beat the 4th best team in the league? or have it even be close? especially with ellis in the net, which wasn't going to make anything better obviously.

all i can say is there will be changes and additions made in the offseason. hopefully we draft ekblad. add another D or 2 on top of that. and go after a top-6 winger or 2. it'll be clearer once we know where we're picking in the draft (and ultimately who we draft), and who makes it to free agency.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Campbell mails it in every year after team is done for playoff chance.

He's got the blues for Chicago. Versteeg basically told the media, and Campbell himself said he was jealous.

To me he's mailed it in all season and plays like he hates his 7 million dollar job to play hockey in a Panthers uniform.

He looks embarrassed to be a Florida Panther.

Hardly ever see him hustle or go above and beyond.

That A he wears on his chest is starting to stand for something else.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
He's got the blues for Chicago. Versteeg basically told the media, and Campbell himself said he was jealous.

To me he's mailed it in all season and plays like he hates his 7 million dollar job to play hockey in a Panthers uniform.

If that is the case, why did he choose to accept a trade to Florida -- knowing full well the state of the team? He could have exercised his No-Trade if he extremely resented the idea of playing here. Also, he denied what Versteeg said about him when Versteeg was traded. Granted, he wouldn't confirm to the media he is a malcontent, but I have a hard time believing that he would purposely make himself miserable, which is what this would amount to if he is in fact upset.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
If that is the case, why did he choose to accept a trade to Florida -- knowing full well the state of the team? He could have exercised his No-Trade if he extremely resented the idea of playing here. Also, he denied what Versteeg said about him when Versteeg was traded. Granted, he wouldn't confirm to the media he is a malcontent, but I have a hard time believing that he would purposely make himself miserable, which is what this would amount to if he is in fact upset.

Poor him......hopefully he can feel better by going home and looking at his bank account. And for those of you who say it's about more than money.....sure that's not al there is, but he has 7 million reasons not to go through the motions out there. I'm sure it's hard to stay motivated after his past success, but it'd be nice if he set a good example to others with his play.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
OT: Of course the Panthers and Marlins never get on national television. So naturally they finally get their 'once in a blue moon' time on national TV and they get broadcast right against each other.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL

Lmao, got a link for that quote from Soup? And Steeg never mentioned any names from what I saw.

Lulz at the last several posts.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I don't blame Campbell for mailing it in. There's nothing to play for if you're Brian Campbell. Roster spot locked up, contract all set, A on the chest and the best defenseman we have. If BC doesn't want to be here, he'll become a COMPLETE liability like Versteeg managed to do, Dale will notice and move him. Personally, I hope that doesn't happen unless the return is well worth it. Campbell is still a vital part of this team and would benefit us if Dale can go on another shopping spree like he did in 2011.

Last edited:

Panthersfan1989

Feb 24, 2013
S. Florida
I don't blame Campbell for mailing it in. There's nothing to play for if you're Brian Campbell. Roster spot locked up, contract all set, A on the chest and the best defenseman we have. If BC doesn't want to be here, he'll become a COMPLETE liability like Versteeg managed to do, Dale will notice and move him. Personally, I hope that doesn't happen unless the return is well worth it. Campbell is still a vital part of this team and would benefit us if Dale can go on another shopping spree like he did in 2011.

Your right, setting a horrible example for rookies like Barkov and bjugs and a second year guy like hubs is alright... Just cause all of them have locked roster spots they should just mail it in also. These young guys are learning how to be pro athletes and look up to Campbell, is this really the tone you want imprinted on these young guys?

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Your right, setting a horrible example for rookies like Barkov and bjugs and a second year guy like hubs is alright... Just cause all of them have locked roster spots they should just mail it in also. These young guys are learning how to be pro athletes and look up to Campbell, is this really the tone you want imprinted on these young guys?

Some people call what Campbell is doing "mailing it in". I'm sure if those are the right words. I should explain that I don't blame Campbell for his poor play lately. He's all over the ice lately with blatant disregard for position. Sounds like he's trying to do too much. Not sure if our young guys are hanging on everything Brian Campbell does all the time. If they were, then how do explain to them why Marcel Goc was traded at the deadline? He did the right thing all year and Tallon moved him. You tell them, ya it's a business at the end of the day? Right. Well, these kids better have great work ethic, determination and professionalism. Isn't that most of the reason why we drafted them? Good character players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad