Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Ducks "PGT that'll inevitably become the GDT" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

catEye

The Barkov Era
Dec 27, 2008
Miami, FL.
I never though they could actually be someone worse than clemensuck. Bad defence , crappy goaltending, and no offense. We have the perfect storm on display tonight.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Even if it's for 10 games through the whole season, I do NOT want Ellis on this team next year.

People saying he's equal to Clemmer are ridiculous. Clemmer is significantly better, and that's saying something.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Dan Ellis is nothing special, but can he really be blamed for any of the 5 goals against? To be fair, he's basically had no chance tonight. Maybe could've stopped the Selanne goal, but even that one was an odd-man rush.

No he can't be blamed, but this team probably won't be good enough next year to even risk the 10 games he'll start.

No faith in Ellis. I've seen him play for a few years and he has always been inconsistent. There's enough decent backups available out there that he shouldn't be behind Bobby Lou next year.

Erick*

No he can't be blamed, but this team probably won't be good enough next year to even risk the 10 games he'll start.

No faith in Ellis. I've seen him play for a few years and he has always been inconsistent. There's enough decent backups available out there that he shouldn't be behind Bobby Lou next year.

It seems like Ellis will be the backup next year.

Rats96Yo

Oct 17, 2006
Coral Springs
I've seen enough of Ellis in this game to see he is NOT a capable NHL backup. He is slow and doesn't cutoff angles well at all. What a joke.

Erick*

Ellis is like most backup goalies. They're not good enough to be starters and are, thus, just a product of the team in front of them. I'm not sure why he's the specific choice to backup Luongo, but whatever. I'm guessing that with a better team, we won't mind him as much. He really hasn't been bad tonight despite the score. There's only so much a goalie can do. Luongo would've had a statistically subpar game with this abysmal effort in front of him, as well.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Ellis is like most backup goalies. They're not good enough to be starters and are, thus, just a product of the team in front of them. I'm not sure why he's the specific choice to backup Luongo, but whatever. I'm guessing that with a better team, we won't mind him as much. He really hasn't been bad tonight despite the score. There's only so much a goalie can do. Luongo would've had a statistically subpar game with this abysmal effort in front of him, as well.

Agree with all of this.

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
So Ellis was 5-6-1 (0,9 Sv% and 3,04 GAA) in Stars a team that's fighting for a Wild Card so no super team, and I wouldn't be surprised if he had similar stats for us next year if he just gets a team infront of him. And thats what we should expect from a backup goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad