GDT: Panthers @ Ducks 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
just finished watching the game....hope this team goes on a tear after this one, as i feel like they finally had that game where they had to fight through some things and got the results...this team either trends up and becomes the team they should be or collapses and turns into a very bad team....hope rik rak is ok and hope getz is back next game, we need to get healthy...also think holzner has played great for us and deserves some love for what/how he has stepped in and helped this team....makes this the upward swing.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
When is BB going to break up the train wreck of a defense pairing that is Lindholm - Bieksa? Beauchmin declined in last years playoffs to a point that is still way ahead of where Bieksa is now.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
I think this game can be a changing factor. Good win! Btw Hampus had a rough night, didn't he?

Wasn't able to watch the game, but it sure seems so. Had multiple giveaways and his defensive game was really off. Not to mention that his puck fumbling in OT would've cost the Ducks the game, if Freddy hadn't made the saves he did.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Reality is: this is how we ''played well''

We still sucked in the OT too. And this ''win streak'' came vs tired Preds team coming off a game day before and the Florida Panthers who are outside playoffs.
Rakell is a big loss though as is Getzlaf although i`m not sure about the last one. We have played arguably better hockey without him in the lineup. PP is finally scoring something.
Another thing that is standing out is we do not have a 1st pair like we did with 47-23 last year.

We have a lot to prove

Freddy is a ****ing monster, that's some Vezina level stuff right there. Magnus owes him a nice steak dinner after tonight's performance.

Magnus just looks lost without Beauch. He needs to get away from Bieksa ASAP, he's clearly not ready to "carry" a D-pairing. When Despres/Manson comes back, try Fowler with Bieksa and Magnus with Manson/Despres? Ideally we'd just eject Bieksa somewhere but I fear we're stuck with him. Thanks for this, Bob.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Freddy is a ****ing monster, that's some Vezina level stuff right there. Magnus owes him a nice steak dinner after tonight's performance.

Magnus just looks lost without Beauch. He needs to get away from Bieksa ASAP, he's clearly not ready to "carry" a D-pairing. When Despres/Manson comes back, try Fowler with Bieksa and Magnus with Manson/Despres? Ideally we'd just eject Bieksa somewhere but I fear we're stuck with him. Thanks for this, Bob.

We are definitely stuck with Bieksa. His new contract haven`t even kicked in yet

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Little bit about this weekend - Saturday Gulls play @ Barracuda and few hours later Ducks play there @ Sharks.

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
Chills because of the saves and scarry thoughts because Lindholm made bad plays in both of those episodes that led to those scoring chances

+1

i couldnt eat last night at the game because my stomach was in knots watching them play. If Freddie wasnt on his game last night we would have been down by at least 4 goals.

Lindholm had a rough night for sure. The hit on Ricky should be reviewed though methinks.

not the prettiest win, but I will take it.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
So much hate on the main boards

palpatine+good.jpg

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
Reality is: this is how we ''played well''

We still sucked in the OT too. And this ''win streak'' came vs tired Preds team coming off a game day before and the Florida Panthers who are outside playoffs.
Rakell is a big loss though as is Getzlaf although i`m not sure about the last one. We have played arguably better hockey without him in the lineup. PP is finally scoring something.
Another thing that is standing out is we do not have a 1st pair like we did with 47-23 last year.

We have a lot to prove

I didn't see the TOI.but poor Kesler looked gassed out there by the time 3 on 3 started.

Everyone has jumped on the "we don't have finishers" bandwagon... and every game is proving that.

Perimeter shots. No one between the dots or near the crease to grab a rebound or deflection. Backhand puck flicks toward the net from guys standing 40 feet away next to the boards.

This team desperately needs a young, enthusiastic speedster with skill that wants to press the situation and challenge some guys 1 on 1. This team carries the luck until there is pressure and then makes a hasty dump or weak area pass where they 50/50 hope it gets to someone.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I'd be stoked if Silf could score 10 goals all year. He killed everything Cogliano and Horcoff accomplished last night with his inability to get his shot through traffic and his constant puck fumbling. Honestly he's one of the many problems this team has. 10 goals isn't enough from a guy we're paying almost 4 million to.

Cogliano looked great last night.

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
Signature win! but my god Lindholm and Fowler were utter trash. And I don't care what anyone says: Freddy is a top 5 goalie in the league.

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
Fowler was awesome what game were you watching, other than his wiff no that one timer

Not only that...its his inability to make a decision on the powerplay (generally shooting that weak meatball into oncoming defenders) and he's starting to looked panic under forecheck pressure again.

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
I was at the game and I feel there isn't enough discussion on sami's trolling the officials in regards to offsides call. His little legs spread apart, just staying there, then a bunny hop up. Perry Troll 2.0? love it.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I was at the game and I feel there isn't enough discussion on sami's trolling the officials in regards to offsides call. His little legs spread apart, just staying there, then a bunny hop up. Perry Troll 2.0? love it.

Lol I was sitting right behind that ... he stayed there for like 20 seconds.

I just want to add silfverberg is absolutely filthy in the shootout, I wish he could find a way to get his shot off better in game. BUt man ive never seen a player do the same exact move literally every shot and everyone in the arena the goalie, the ref, the coaches know whats coming and you know you have no chance.

Such a beautiful shot, just disappointing that he cant turn it into offense in the game..

Also fowlers wiff on the 3 on 1 in overtime was pretty hilarious too

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Our power play still looks pretty awful imho.

I think fowler should be freed up a bit more to challenge people with his skating when he has the puck to open up passing options/lanes , and glide into the soft spots.

Maroon/stewert should be our net front presence, stewart has impressed me last couple games he seems to be finding his spot on the team and he is a lot more creative offensively then I thought when we signed him.

Vatanan should be the guy we are trying to set up(seems like fowler/lindholm are taking far to many bad shots). Id like to see us set up kesler on the wing more like an ovie/tarasanko he can hit the 1 timer really well(not as good as those 2 but still effective option. and let perry do perry things and find those trash areas to score from.

The main thing is were not making very smart decision on power play... to many bad shots that lead to clears, to much messing around in the neutral zone... to many attempts at passes into stick lanes instead of working it back up top and finding a different way in. I don't mind a patient power play, I just hate seeing the puck given away to easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad