Confirmed with Link: Panthers confirm Gerard Gallant is their new head coach.

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
Guy Boucher be my choice. He always ran a great powerplay. Habs need help on the pp

If Boucher had the job, as soon as the team and MT wouldn't be doing too well, people would start speculating about giving the head coach position to Boucher instead. The potential for drama is just too great. I would love to see him back with the habs one day, but I just don't feel he's a good fit for what we need right now.

I don't know about Audette but he's been around the organisation for a while, so I'm not especially surprised his name circulates. He doesn't have as much experience as a coach coming out of the Q for example, but he's a ex-NHLer, and it may be important for the role he would have to play in the coaching staff.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I was looking up MTs assistants in Pittsburgh. They were mike yeo and Andre savard.

Yeo obviously isn't available, but maybe savard? I have now idea about this coaching qualifications, I'm just merely looking at past connections to MT.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Martin Lapointe named to fill Gallant's spot.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Thought I heard Jessica Ruznak say it. My bad then.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Thought I heard Jessica Ruznak say it. My bad then.

I heard her interview also...but no official word yet. Kind of puzzling. Lapointe was saying just 5 hours before her announcement he wanted to stay where he was. As his kids were still in Chicago and he was able to fly back and forth at will. Where as assistant coach he wouldn't have that luxury.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
Martin Lapointe shouldn't even have a job after he burned this team in UFA back in the early 00's using them to get big bucks from the Bruins

But then again these are the same guys who wanted JJ Daigneault an absolute hack over Larry Robinson so there you go

Forlando

Nov 14, 2007
Martin Lapointe shouldn't even have a job after he burned this team in UFA back in the early 00's using them to get big bucks from the Bruins

But then again these are the same guys who wanted JJ Daigneault an absolute hack over Larry Robinson so there you go

I am so glad you will never ever in your life have anything to do with how the Habs are managed. Holding grudges is a terrible way of doing business.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
I am so glad you will never ever in your life have anything to do with how the Habs are managed. Holding grudges is a terrible way of doing business.

I'm not a business man, I'm a Habs fan and I think Martin Lapointe is an idiot. Have a good one :)

Forlando

Nov 14, 2007
I'm not a business man, I'm a Habs fan and I think Martin Lapointe is an idiot. Have a good one :)

You see this is a divergent opinion I can fully respect and understand. Be upfront about your angle and it gives perspective to the opinion.

You too have a great one mate. :cheers:

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
Yeah sure hes an idiot and youre a ******* genius. What the actual F are your criteria to call someone an idiot.

I don't like Lapointe because he used the Habs to get cash from the Bruins as a UFA when he didn't have the balls to play here but was all smiles when his pal offered him a gravy job with the team.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Dominic Ducharme would be great to fill Gallants spot. The guy is an intense coach, he coached a beautiful Powerplay in Halifax that featured quick puck movement, which our PP has severely lacked.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
I don't like Lapointe because he used the Habs to get cash from the Bruins as a UFA when he didn't have the balls to play here but was all smiles when his pal offered him a gravy job with the team.

Lapointe taking the big money in Boston did a lot more harm to Boston than it did to Montreal. He was one of the first of many players that got paid far more than their worth and he could never live up to contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad