Confirmed with Link: Panthers confirm Gerard Gallant is their new head coach.

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
Pierre McGurie mentioned on TSN radio that Gerard Gallant could potentially take a head coaching job. I'm assuming an NHL team, if not NHL I can't see him going to the AHL.

Thoughts?

A few new names have been added to the Panthers' candidate list, including Detroit Red Wings assistant Bill Peters and Canadiens assistant Gerard Gallant, according to a source close to the team.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/florida-panthers/fl-florida-panthers-coach-0601-20140531,0,7578818.story?track=rss

Renaud Lavoie @renlavoietva · 19 h

#canadiens Marc Bergevin just told me that he give the permission to #panthers to talk to Gerard Gallant for the coaching position.

Jimmy Murphy ‏@MurphysLaw74

According to one team source and one NHL source, Gerard Gallant already might be the frontrunner for Panthers head coach.

2:38 PM - 2 Jun 2014

UPDATE: Report: Report: Panthers to name Gerard Gallant head coach tomorrow

Jimmy Murphy:
“I have confirmed through an NHL source that Gerard Gallant is very close to becoming the new head coach of the Florida Panthers.â€

“Per that same source, Panthers coaching job was down to Gallant or Dan Byslma but as of now it appears the job is Gallant’s.â€

Last edited:

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I really do not care that much.

Actually if that would mean we could get Boucher back in some capacity as an assistant, then I would care yes.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
I always felt that NHL coaches have a certain kind of a aura or look.

Gallant definitely got it.

Example, Kirk Muller embodied the perfect assistant coach and was never able to picture him as a head coach.. And he's back as assistant next year.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I always felt that NHL coaches have a certain kind of a aura or look.

Gallant definitely got it.

Example, Kirk Muller embodied the perfect assistant coach and was never able to picture him as a head coach.. And he's back as assistant next year.

Wouldn't mind that at all, if Gallant leaves. I remember that he was pretty good, communication-wise, while he was here (had to be with JM around... ). And wasn't our PP a monster at the same time ?

Wouldn't mind Boucher here as an assistant either, wonder if he would want to, though. Would be a great potential replacement for Therrien...

VanNistelrooy

Jun 15, 2005
Habs Land
Gerard Gallant has NHL Head Coach experience, won everything he could've win with Saint John in the Q, and now that he is back in the pros MTL is overachieving. That's got to appeal to a GM somewhere.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
gallant is a smart coach, he's basically in charge of the technical aspect of the game (strategy etc.)

honestly ive always considered gallant as our coach and therrien as some terrible motivation speaker

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
If teams are interested in him there's no way Gerrard runs Habs special teams. Whoever runs Habs special teams is as likely to get a NHL head coaching job as Lefebvre.

Alexander Edler*

He seems to be a good assistant coach. Too bad if this is true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad