Confirmed with Link: Panthers confirm Gerard Gallant is their new head coach.

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
I am hoping Gallant is the equivalent of Muller, after Muller left, we ended up with Galchenyuk, dreaming of Eichel and McDavid this time.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Carbonneau, Lefebvre, Boucher, Robinson, Tremblay, Oates

Carbonneau - maybe? he's very similar to Therrien in that they're not communicators. I'll always love him as a player though.
Lefebvre - get this clown out of here, apparently he's been toxic in Hamilton
Boucher - would love to have him
Robinson - recently got a promotion with the Sharks, wants to stay at home more
Tremblay - get outta here
Oates - I really don't like him but it'd be nice to have a fresh set of eyes from other organizations

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I am hoping Gallant is the equivalent of Muller, after Muller left, we ended up with Galchenyuk, dreaming of Eichel and McDavid this time.

Muller's departure had very little to do with that. We were still a playoff team, or at least very close to it until we tradef or Kaberle and fired Martin a week later. Cunneyworth, the ensuing ****storm about him not speaking French, injuries, and what I honestly suspect was a team mutiny against Gauthier is what doomed us.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I think Martin Lapointe would be a good option as assistant coach, seems like he'd be a guy similar to Gallant/Muller who gets along well with the players. Pretty sure I read something about him talking to Bourque before the playoffs, seems like he could be a good motivator.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Donald Audette? :laugh:

The cronyism never ends :help:

He's 5'8" tall.

And if you look at our forwards (NHL roster and prospects), we are stacked deep with similar sized players.

He will bring a sense of perspective and a lot of our players will finally be able to see eye to eye with our coach(es).:sarcasm:;)

97 of his 260 goals were scored on the PP (37%). For comparison sake, Wayne Gretzky scored 204 of his 894 goals on the PP (23%).

Audette > Gretzky on the PP!!

Solid choice.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
What has audette been up to all these years. I haven't heard anything about him for a decade when he was still a player.... Playing for MT, no less.

And who is this lalonde character?

I would say that carbo has a good shot, given his history as assistant coach under MT, but on the other hand, MT went with gallant and jjd even when carbo was available after the lockout.

Boucher won't be hired. Its just added stress on MT because every time the habs hit the skids, the talk will always be to can MT and promote Boucher. Its just an added circus.

Last edited:

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I saw this at the Rockfest on my cellphone. Was drunk as **** and all I could do was scream "NOOOOOOOOO!!!", in front of some potheads who looked at me like I was the one who was high as ****. All of that to say, not happy about this. Gallant was underestimated imho.

I agree with those who say Boucher in would just add some fuel to the circus, possibly the worst source of distraction we could have. If Lapointe wasn't doing his current job, he's the one I would put behind the bench. He looks like a guy with a lot of charisma, and the young players in our team know him to some extent too.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
What has audette been up to all these years. I haven't heard anything about him for a decade when he was still a player.... Playing for MT, no less.

Coaching in Midget AAA IIRC and I think he was a scout for the habs for a while.

His son plays in the Q.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad