Panthers complete biggest comeback in franchise history x2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajaton Azer

A small hamster
Dec 5, 2005
Spandex
In my opinion what is the biggest mystery here is why did Aleksander "Sasha" Barkov not take a penalty in penalty shootout? I think he is very good at shootouting penalties. For Panthers nice to come back and win!

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
In my opinion what is the biggest mystery here is why did Aleksander "Sasha" Barkov not take a penalty in penalty shootout? I think he is very good at shootouting penalties. For Panthers nice to come back and win!

He's actually been pretty bad this year in the SO.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Good comeback for the Panthers. As to Bobrovsky what's up with him? Got that big contract and looks like he forgot how to play hockey.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Good comeback for the Panthers. As to Bobrovsky what's up with him? Got that big contract and looks like he forgot how to play hockey.

He hasn't been 10M good, but the real issue is the defense. We have a lot of defensemen who can play well in stretches, everyone is simply playing one rung up too high on the depth chart. Ekblad is not capable of being a #1 on a good team right now, yet thats what he's being asked to do. Weegar is his partner and is the #2. But he really should be a #4-5. Stralman is our #3 and he should be a #4. Matheson is our #4 and should be a #5. Yandle is alright as a #5 but he's lost a step since last season. Brown should be #7 or in the ahl but he's our #6. Pysyk shouldn't be in the nhl anymore unless it's at forward.

Combine that with a forward corps that likes to score but doesn't like to play defense and you have a recipe for disaster. I don't think Bob has ever seen a defense like this. Personally I think he's just nervous now and trying to do too much. He'll snap out of it.

Last edited:

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
Nothing to see here....Nobody cares...move along....not deserving of a Main Board thread...relocate the the garbage franchise to Quebec....only have 3 fans....act they won The Cup...refs wanted them to win in Boston...paid too much for BOB.....did I miss anything?
I got that shovel you were looking for while you were burying that franchise...

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Why does Jack Edwards say all the Russian names wrong? Schtick? DaDADonov, KuLEEkov etc

Actually, Edwards pronounces them correctly. He actually asks each player their preferred pronunciation, and doesn't do the Amercanized version. He actually took the time to explain this last night about Dadonov.

I'm not a fan of his shtick, but this isn't part of it.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Actually, Edwards pronounces them correctly. He actually asks each player their preferred pronunciation, and doesn't do the Amercanized version. He actually took the time to explain this last night about Dadonov.

I'm not a fan of his shtick, but this isn't part of it.

Bruins fans said the same thing about Kulikov when he was a Panther. It's nonsense. Nobody else, including the Panthers own announcers use the same pronunciation as Edwards. You don't think the team they play for would be able to get it right?

Reactions: Vilam

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Bruins fans said the same thing about Kulikov when he was a Panther. It's nonsense. Nobody else, including the Panthers own announcers use the same pronunciation as Edwards. You don't think the team they play for would be able to get it right?

All I know is what he said. Brad Marchand even goofs on him by pronouncing it "Marshond vs Marshand", changing it up every year or so, and Edwards sticks to whatever Brad says that pre-season.

And no, I do not think every announcer cares about a Russian vs Americanized pronunciation. Matter of fact, I find most Eastern European names are Americanized to some extent when it comes to announcers.

Look, Edwards is terrible. There are tons of things to find wrong with him, like his ever worsening habit of spouting minutes of nonsense when he should be doing Play-by-Play, his use of the term "penalty bench", and his stupid goofiness in general. However, he does go to great lengths to learn and pronounce names correctly.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
All I know is what he said. Brad Marchand even goofs on him by pronouncing it "Marshond vs Marshand", changing it up every year or so, and Edwards sticks to whatever Brad says that pre-season.

And no, I do not think every announcer cares about a Russian vs Americanized pronunciation. Matter of fact, I find most Eastern European names are Americanized to some extent when it comes to announcers.

Look, Edwards is terrible. There are tons of things to find wrong with him, like his ever worsening habit of spouting minutes of nonsense when he should be doing Play-by-Play, his use of the term "penalty bench", and his stupid goofiness in general. However, he does go to great lengths to learn and pronounce names correctly.
ok. Let's simplify this. What is more likely? That the Panthers own announcers mispronounce one of their player's names incorrectly, or that Jack Edwards is the ONLY PBP guy in the NHL that pronounces Dadonov and Kulikov's names correctly. You tell me.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
ok. Let's simplify this. What is more likely? That the Panthers own announcers mispronounce one of their player's names incorrectly, or that Jack Edwards is the ONLY PBP guy in the NHL that pronounces Dadonov and Kulikov's names correctly. You tell me.

All I know is what he tells me. Either he's lying or he's not, and I know for a fact he isn't lying about Marchand, because he posted his pronunciation video, and Brad seems to smirk, knowing he's getting one over on Edwards.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
All I know is what he tells me. Either he's lying or he's not, and I know for a fact he isn't lying about Marchand, because he posted his pronunciation video, and Brad seems to smirk, knowing he's getting one over on Edwards.

You actually know quite a bit more. You know how every other PBP guy in the NHL pronounces those names. You choose to only listen the outlier and assume he is correct because he is "your guy."

now let's get back on topic. how about that comeback?

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I actually don't know what to say. To simultaneously have two threads about the Florida Panthers, where one celebrates their achievement of being third in their division in october, while another celebrates their capacity to finally win a game where they were theoretically lost, says two things. Florida is on the uprising, or this is quite pathetic usage of statistics and spirits of very small earnings in a season that is far from done. I'm forming my opinion towards the latter. It's almost like a Toronto thread plague with posters that have beaches, or posters hoping they would have a beach.

"Third in the league in october (and still reclaiming it in the beginning of november)!"
"Finally won a game where they were lost!"

Oh my. That is some desperate publicity about nothing, really. Do I dare to claim these are not confident indicators the team will make the playoffs, yet again?

If it took this long for a team to boast about finally being able to turn around a lost game, I would just shut up about it instead of boasting. Neither of these things are something to brag about. Believe me. When were they formed? In 1996? The finally turned around a losing game. It's 2019 now. WHAT an achievement! Wohoo! Only 23 years! I'm laughing my ass off, really.

But hey, if you're a Panthers fan and if you're happy, I'm not stopping you. Just don't try to show it off as some achievement.

Last edited:

RealHumanBean

Mar 23, 2018
Goldie and Randy both butcher european names. Almost all announcers do. People are just so used to hearing "americanised pronounciations" so nobody mentions it.

weinsink

Feb 8, 2018
Rask blows and thats it,time to sit on the bench for awhile..can't make big saves!

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I actually don't know what to say. To simultaneously have two threads about the Florida Panthers, where one celebrates their achievement of being third in their division in october, while another celebrates their capacity to finally win a game where they were theoretically lost, says two things. Florida is on the uprising, or this is quite pathetic usage of statistics and spirits of very small earnings in a season that is far from done. I'm forming my opinion towards the latter. It's almost like a Toronto thread plague with posters that have beaches, or posters hoping they would have a beach.

"Third in the league in october (and still reclaiming it in the beginning of november)!"

Oh my. That is some desperate publicity about nothing, really. Do I dare to claim these are not confident indicators the team will make the playoffs, yet again?

If it took this long for a team to boast about finally being able to turn around a lost game, I would just shut up about it instead of boasting. Neither of these things are something to brag about. Believe me. When were they formed? In 1996? The finally turned around a losing game. It's 2019 now. WHAT an achievement! Wohoo! Only 23 years! I'm laughing my ass off, really.

But hey, if you're a Panthers fan and if you're happy, I'm not stopping you. Just don't try to show it off as some achievement.

Most Panthers fans hated the we are third in our division in October thread.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida

Nice job Chimp. Post was a bunch of crap but I’m glad you got that off your insecure chest :)

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

My nomination for trash post of the year.

I can understand that and I think most Panthers fans hate both of these ridiculous threads. I would as a Panthers fan. Where the heck do these ridiculous threads come from?

You don't like it, then ignore it, simple as that. The Panthers never came back to win a 4-0 game in their history, and they did it by scoring all the goals in the 3rd period. Its something to talk about. There are currently, and have been, MUCH worse threads that have been posted here, but you have to come here bashing it like some all high and mighty. Like I said, you don't like it, then leave.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
This thread was going to be created by someone or other anyway.
By thread creators where their allegiances and stances are highly questionable and fluctuant, to put it diplomatically. I don't have the effort to analyze it all, but a quick glance says alot.

It is very clear both the boasting threads about the Panthers weren't from Panthers fans, or are of a different kind of short term reasoning, if they actually believed what they wrote, which is another spectrum not touched upon. In any terms, neither should be taken seriously, at all. Both threads are absolute garbage that doesn't try to favour the Panthers, more so ridicule their franchise, which I don't think is fair at all. Delusion or ridicule, I don't know and won't claim either.
My nomination for trash post of the year.

You don't like it, then ignore it, simple as that. The Panthers never came back to win a 4-0 game in their history, and they did it by scoring all the goals in the 3rd period. Its something to talk about. There are currently, and have been, MUCH worse threads that have been posted here, but you have to come here bashing it like some all high and mighty. Like I said, you don't like it, then leave.
I think we found the first delusional Panthers fan (only stated for the argument, don't take it personally). Trash threads deserve harsh responces for the quality of the forum. Unless we are are actually celebrating the Panthers finally won their first theoretically lost game after 23 years in existence, according to your opinion? If you really want to, sure, I can celebrate to that. Not by much, but I can take a sip of my drink and salute, I guess?

Or did you miss the actual celebration part of cheering after 23 years, for something so marginal to celebrate? Ok, it is huge. Fine. I won't call you delusional, if you're actually happy about it, fine, I can accept that. Congratulations!

Last edited:

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
You actually know quite a bit more. You know how every other PBP guy in the NHL pronounces those names. You choose to only listen the outlier and assume he is correct because he is "your guy."

now let's get back on topic. how about that comeback?

I can say with 100% certainty Jack Edwards is not "my guy". I hate him. I think he's a clown, and the only thing he actually does well (play-by-play) he's steadily getting away from and doing his stupid shtick instead. However, I know how Eastern European names are pronounced (worked in Poland for a while) and I know Edwards says them more accurately than any Americanized version you hear from other announcers.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Russian KHL highlights of Dadonov announcer pronunces it Da doh nov, and not Dad a nov.
Maybe Goldie was just fixated on calling him daddy when he scored, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad