Panthers complete biggest comeback in franchise history x2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
Darling played his best hockey under Q and he's a huge body in the net.....Guy could have been a star if he ever figured it out...

Do any Florida fans think they should of rolled the dice on him and Monty and just saved the cap space ?

Let's be honest Bobrovsky has been awful so far and a huge waste of cap space......

Papa044

Aug 2, 2005
Miami, FL
Darling played his best hockey under Q and he's a huge body in the net.....Guy could have been a star if he ever figured it out...

Do any Florida fans think they should of rolled the dice on him and Monty and just saved the cap space ?

Let's be honest Bobrovsky has been awful so far and a huge waste of cap space......

still too early to count bob out. If bob can get back to 85% of what he looked like last season the panthers will be a strong contender for a deep playoff run imo

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
still too early to count bob out. If bob can get back to 85% of what he looked like last season the panthers will be a strong contender for a deep playoff run imo

Fair enough but you could get much better goaltending than this for a fraction of the money.....That's highly significant in a hard cap system.....

Reactions: I am not exposed

Papa044

Aug 2, 2005
Miami, FL
Fair enough but you could get much better goaltending than this for a fraction of the money.....That's highly significant in a hard cap system.....

you’re right. The panthers are hoping for elite goaltending ... hopefully bob doesn’t short change them. I’m not satisfied with his play but as many others have said, his stats aren’t reflective of his play this season.

Reactions: Gjman2019

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Bob will figure it out. He's an elite goaltender, one of the top 5 goalies of the last 5-7 years. He's still in his prime years and he's without doubt one of the fittest goalies in the league. He didn't just turn into a pile of steaming turd overnight. There are clearly reasons for his slump and they'll be ironed out. He's let in some bad goals but 75% of the time he's been good.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
That's the paradox of free agency. Everyone knows giving a ton of money to UFA's isn't a good idea, but if you don't do it, you're a cheap organization that isn't committed to winning. Which goes double for a franchise like the Panthers. The Leafs get attention if a 4th liner ties his skate for practice. Had the Panthers not done whatever it took to get Bob, it would've been, ok, time to move to Quebec.

The one good thing for the Panthers is, despite career worst numbers from Bob up to this point, they're sitting 5th in the league. It buys them time to figure things out. Much better than being 20th overall like Buffalo, and hearing "here we go again", as the season starts to unravel.

Reactions: Gjman2019

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018

Let's be honest, Bob hasn't been "awful". Stats can be misleading, Watch more games

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
Either you stop the other team from scoring or you don't....The rest comes across as excuses...

Jackets D the last few years was better than Florida this year so it's probably an adjustment for him i guess....

That contract could stop them from keeping Hoffman and Dadonov....Could really interfere with their window.......

I like the Panthers and i've been sticking up for them the last couple years...Think they got a shot to really get in a championship window......Good luck

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Either you stop the other team from scoring or you don't....The rest comes across as excuses...

Jackets D the last few years was better than Florida this year so it's probably an adjustment for him i guess....

That contract could stop them from keeping Hoffman and Dadonov....Could really interfere with their window.......

I like the Panthers and i've been sticking up for them the last couple years...Think they got a shot to really get in a championship window......Good luck

Hey buddy, we're 6th in the league. Bob's been just fine for us, I couldn't give two shits about his numbers as long as we get the wins.

Reactions: RainingRats

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
Hey buddy, we're 6th in the league. Bob's been just fine for us, I couldn't give two ****s about his numbers as long as we get the wins.

That's cool....I'm glad for them....But there's only so many times you can keep coming up with miracle comebacks.....Granted they have an awesome offense and improved character this year....

You guys got a fun team....Good luck....

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
the great pretenders strike again! :scared:
Me trying to find New Jersey in the standings:

gZr2HdK.gif

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I fully expect them to call them the Carolina Panthers.
Imagine how awful it is when the Canes play the Panthers...they really want to call one team Carolina Panthers (due to NFL favoritism) and the other Florida Hurricanes (because that makes more sense than Carolina).

Anyway, congrats Panthers, but I'm hoping you've run out of juice and don't three-peat against my Canes Friday...I think we're more likely to blow it if you spot us 3 goals honestly than if you guys get the lead first, I'm not comfortable until we have at least a 4 goal cushion lately (just look at our last 5 games to understand)

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
That's awesome the Panthers have come back from 4 goals down twice now

Has anyone ever come back from 5 goals down? That would be unreal

1471864240-creepy-smile-gif.gif

Papa044

Aug 2, 2005
Miami, FL
That's awesome the Panthers have come back from 4 goals down twice now

Has anyone ever come back from 5 goals down? That would be unreal

1471864240-creepy-smile-gif.gif

if my memory serves me right, i think the panthers blew a 5-0 lead after pavel bure was injured after scoring a hat-trick.. easily over 10 years ago. think FLA lost 7-5 vs Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad