Post-Game Talk: Panthers beat Wings 4-1, will head into the all-star break as a top 3 Atlantic seed

Florida has won 4 of 5 and looked good in all 5 games, do you believe they've turned the corner?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
98 points. Get that. That’s what it will take to get in. Give or take a couple
Points. Didn’t think I had to add that part in but 98 is pretty safe. So no I don’t give a bakers **** what the islanders leafs canes flyers or
Jackets do.

Well good for you. We do.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Getting weegs back after the ASG will be huge for us as well. Basically acquiring a top 4-D back into the fold and sheltering lazy Yandles minutes.

Whats even wrong with Weegar and where has it been said he'll be back then?

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Also undefeated in regulation when leading after 2

And that one loss came early on on the season, over two months ago.

Question...is Vatrano becoming a Marchand-lite for us? He seems to be an agitator for us, opposing teams don’t seem to like him, he overreacts to a lot of plays on the ice, and he just seems like a player that you’d really dislike if he was on another team (which I love!!!!).

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
That was the closest 4-1 win so far this season

Actually I was thinking of this earlier.

Florida beat Columbus 4-1 on December 7th, in Fort Lauderdale. That game was close all the way through.
This game was close, but Florida really pulled away in the third.

No doubt win.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
And that one loss came early on on the season, over two months ago.

Question...is Vatrano becoming a Marchand-lite for us? He seems to be an agitator for us, opposing teams don’t seem to like him, he overreacts to a lot of plays on the ice, and he just seems like a player that you’d really dislike if he was on another team (which I love!!!!).

Yeah, I agree with this. Except V unit isn't a dirty pos like Marchand.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Getting weegs back after the ASG will be huge for us as well. Basically acquiring a top 4-D back into the fold and sheltering lazy Yandles minutes.
Maybe scratch brown and play weegar with Yandle. Not my preferred setup, but if matheson-Ekblad is working and I like stillman-Stralman together then I guess that’d be the only other solution (if we don’t touch the other lines). Regardless, I want stillman to continue playing. Wouldn’t mind trying stillman-weegar as the 2nd and Yandle-Stralman as the 3rd.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I would start Bob vs Minny. On the road against a fresh Chicago is a tough test no matter the goalie and Florida needs at least a split.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I’m glad I missed this one because it sounds like the officiating was a joke. Don’t need that stress in my life haha.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Eh, Minny has only won 3 of their last 9. They've played well their last two games, but they haven't really been that good since they went on that run in November/December. Not really impressed at all. I mean they're a decent team, and they work hard, but it's definitely still a game we "should" win if we want to keep the playoff push going strong and become a top 10 team. Gonna have to find a way to grind that one out, definitely not a game we can only play 20 minutes in. Good thing is we are starting strong in games right out of the gate now.

Chicago I'm more worried about, they're close to being a playoff team again. Started the season out slow but they're building something good there again.

Regardless, I'll be disappointed if we don't get at least a split here. 3 pts would be absolutely huge. It would give us a nice lead on the Leafs going into the break, with the two teams being evened up in game s played.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Whats even wrong with Weegar and where has it been said he'll be back then?

Wasn't it a concussion? Since he's on LTIR now, there's a certain number of games he'll have to miss so probably not back for a couple games after the AS break. I know I should have noticed this by now, but isn't Weegar a RHS but he plays both RD and LD depending on whomever he's paired with?

That was one heck of a strange game. Sooooo many fricking penalties which makes for absolutely NO flow. And so many by the Wings that were not called even though the refs were standing right there. :whatever:

Ekblad and Matheson looked great! I know many of you have said that Ek isn't the fastest/best skater on the team, but he's still pretty decent, especially his edgework when combined with his solid stickhandling skills. Isn't he only 24 or something? That's still pretty young for a defenseman so he's got room to improve even more!

Strålman and Stillman are developing some very nice chemistry, made some solid defensive plays/hits/blocks and were absolute PK beasts with 7:34 minutes each! :eek: That's a pretty high level of trust from Q.

Was good to see Barkov bury one. He's gotta try and catch Huby point wise. ;)

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Pretty disappointed with the weather last night, and not being able to attend this game.
This Game seemed to have everything last night: fight, some big hits, good goaltending, nice goals.

Panthers won, What more could you ask for?!

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Rewatching the game and nice call by Q swapping Ekblad for Hoffman to start that PP in the 3rd where Barkov scored the insurance goal. After the penalty went from a major to a minor, Q screamed at Hoffman to get off and put Ekblad on. Ekblad had a part in keeping puck in zone then it swung around to other side and then Barkov tipped in Yandle’s shot pass. Nicely done by everyone.

I didn’t like Hoffman’s 3rd period. He’s really good at turning the puck over in high danger areas at the worst times. He is working harder lately, but can’t rely on that guy late in tight games.

Reactions: KW, Kellyr and Mase

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Rewatching the game and nice call by Q swapping Ekblad for Hoffman to start that PP in the 3rd where Barkov scored the insurance goal. After the penalty went from a major to a minor, Q screamed at Hoffman to get off and put Ekblad on. Ekblad had a part in keeping puck in zone then it swung around to other side and then Barkov tipped in Yandle’s shot pass. Nicely done by everyone.

I didn’t like Hoffman’s 3rd period. He’s really good at turning the puck over in high danger areas at the worst times. He is working harder lately, but can’t rely on that guy late in tight games.

I agree, i would limit his ice time in the 3rd if we have a lead. Throw Dadonov in his place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad