Post-Game Talk: Panthers beat Wings 4-1, will head into the all-star break as a top 3 Atlantic seed

Florida has won 4 of 5 and looked good in all 5 games, do you believe they've turned the corner?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Eh, Minny has only won 3 of their last 9. They've played well their last two games, but they haven't really been that good since they went on that run in November/December. Not really impressed at all. I mean they're a decent team, and they work hard, but it's definitely still a game we "should" win if we want to keep the playoff push going strong and become a top 10 team. Gonna have to find a way to grind that one out, definitely not a game we can only play 20 minutes in. Good thing is we are starting strong in games right out of the gate now.

Chicago I'm more worried about, they're close to being a playoff team again. Started the season out slow but they're building something good there again.

Regardless, I'll be disappointed if we don't get at least a split here. 3 pts would be absolutely huge. It would give us a nice lead on the Leafs going into the break, with the two teams being evened up in game s played.
The Wild are a good home team and while mediocre can still put together good wins. Playing in a rested Chicago on the 2nd of a b2b with Monty starting, my expectations are low, I'd definitely take an alwgap

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I think your misunderstanding. He was claiming our d is just playing better. That’s not the case. Bob is just playing better.

But it is the case except yesterday and the 3 breakaways.

I feel like favoritism skews your judgement. That or you are goalie prejudice lol

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
which, “if you know anything about hockey”, goes back to confidence. They’re playing better in front of him so mentally he’s in a better state. He’s shown he can make the big saves. But when ever save has to be a big save, then it becomes difficult.

Or when remember back, when the Panthers had the 12 Games winning Streak and we played in Anaheim and won luckly. FS-F interviewed Gezlaf after the Game and he said.
"When you had something going, the luck is on your Side and you begin to believe anything is possible."

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

For those wondering why Toninato was scratched. So Q was going to scratch Malgin on his bday if Toni was in.
Worked out in the end for Malgin who had a rough game until the empty netter

Reactions: Boothinator

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Rewatching the game and nice call by Q swapping Ekblad for Hoffman to start that PP in the 3rd where Barkov scored the insurance goal. After the penalty went from a major to a minor, Q screamed at Hoffman to get off and put Ekblad on. Ekblad had a part in keeping puck in zone then it swung around to other side and then Barkov tipped in Yandle’s shot pass. Nicely done by everyone.

I didn’t like Hoffman’s 3rd period. He’s really good at turning the puck over in high danger areas at the worst times. He is working harder lately, but can’t rely on that guy late in tight games.

His turnovers were gross, I don't understand why Q hasn't benched him yet. Other than to let him rack up points to increase his trade value.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Florida can just let Hoffman walk and bring in Kovy at the league minimum and have him do the same thing. A team will pay Hoff and they will be making a mistake.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Rewatching the game and nice call by Q swapping Ekblad for Hoffman to start that PP in the 3rd where Barkov scored the insurance goal. After the penalty went from a major to a minor, Q screamed at Hoffman to get off and put Ekblad on. Ekblad had a part in keeping puck in zone then it swung around to other side and then Barkov tipped in Yandle’s shot pass. Nicely done by everyone.

I didn’t like Hoffman’s 3rd period. He’s really good at turning the puck over in high danger areas at the worst times. He is working harder lately, but can’t rely on that guy late in tight games.
Excellent point; Hoff with the puck on the PP, other than for the purpose of touching it for 0.001 seconds while he shoots it, is a scary thought (especially with Yandle the last guy back on a possible 2-on-1 or even 1-on-1).

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Can somebody please explain what the ALWGAP acronym means? I see this used pretty heavily around here and I am completely stumped.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Can somebody please explain what the ALWGAP acronym means? I see this used pretty heavily around here and I am completely stumped.
It stands for "at least we got a point" signifying the single point you get for an overtime/shootout loss.

It's been a mantra around here for over a decade. The "glass half full" approach to this franchise's lack of success over the years.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
At
Least
We
Got
A
Point

now, with Q we have HFTABW

Holy
F**k
That's
A
Big
Win
These two acronyms explain the cautious optimism that may, just may start to seep in, but also the despair of this fanbase, given that fans’ comments are clearly dominated by ALWGAP versus HFTABW.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
The Wild are a good home team and while mediocre can still put together good wins. Playing in a rested Chicago on the 2nd of a b2b with Monty starting, my expectations are low, I'd definitely take an alwgap

I agree, like I said the Wild are a decent team, and we definitely have to bring our A game to beat them and it'll be ugly. Typical western conference team. But technically it's a game we should win. Chicago will be a tougher test yeah, but I have faith in Monty. He was good against LA especially having to come in cold, and when his confidence is up he's good. I think we csn win with him, but yes I'd definitely take am alwgap.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
His turnovers were gross, I don't understand why Q hasn't benched him yet. Other than to let him rack up points to increase his trade value.

He scores goals, plus like zeroG said sometimes you have to coddle players to increase their confidence, and he has been a little better. You gotta know the right buttons to push with certain players. That said, he's totally expendable at the end of this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->