Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Avs | Tuesday, October 21st, 7pm MT | Home Sweet Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I would expect it if they didn't have 2 days off before the next game at home. Now if they were playing back to back on the road absolutely.

On the other hand, Holden got his initiation by starting as a forward so maybe Redmond needs that too.

I'd be perfectly happy with Redmond as the 4th line center... :help:

I'm almost serious about that...

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Fraser: Galchenyuk caught a break on goal against Avs

he says that chucky should've gotten a penalty.

That's the second article recently he's devoted to the Avs possibly getting screwed. Good to see them finally getting attention for some of the calls/no calls that go against them. I could make a 10 minute highlight reel for the high sticks alone that went uncalled the last couple years.

Clearly that rule is intended to keep players from sneakily hiding on the bench or in the box with one skate on the ice, and stealing the puck or making a hit on an unsuspecting player. Something Galchenyuk did unintentionally. With both skates on the ice, players are visible enough that everyone on the ice should know they are involved in the play. Galchenyuk kinda sniped out with his stick before he was fully out of the box.

Just a slight advantage, but still an unfair advantage nonetheless that resulted in a goal. I don't know about calling a penalty there, but I'm sure they can treat it like a too many men play where they just blow the play dead.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
That's the second article recently he's devoted to the Avs possibly getting screwed. Good to see them finally getting attention for some of the calls/no calls that go against them. I could make a 10 minute highlight reel for the high sticks alone that went uncalled the last couple years.

Clearly that rule is intended to keep players from sneakily hiding on the bench or in the box with one skate on the ice, and stealing the puck or making a hit on an unsuspecting player. Something Galchenyuk did unintentionally. With both skates on the ice, players are visible enough that everyone on the ice should know they are involved in the play. Galchenyuk kinda sniped out with his stick before he was fully out of the box.

Just a slight advantage, but still an unfair advantage nonetheless that resulted in a goal. I don't know about calling a penalty there, but I'm sure they can treat it like a too many men play where they just blow the play dead.

i didn't even think of that until i saw the play there. i was like 'wtf' when i read that on twitter.

i didn't watch the replays of that play that closely when i watched the game, was so pissed.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
So Roy said he's not calling anyone up before Winchester is ready, who is a week away he says.

Ridiculous. Play the best players we can. Cliche must have some incriminating evidence against Roy or something. That's the only theory I can come up with at this point. So tired of seeing lesser quality players getting time over more talented players for no other reason than experience.

Wilson was decent at the start of the year. As long as Redmond is next in line, I don't have a problem with Wilson playing today.

I don't know about that. He looked better than he has, but I thought he was the main guy responsible for the 1st 2 goals against(3rd was an empty net) in that 2nd game against Minny, plays that he should have made fairly easily. Then he barely played against Boston.

Mcleod is still better. The fourth line gets stuck in the defensive zone a lot and that negates his strengths. For a defensive center Cliche sure isn't very good at defense.

His strengths are checking people against the boards after the puck has been passed along and taking punches to the head. Not sure how being in the Ozone will help with that.

At least McLeod can separate someone from the puck.

Not really. Dude rarely actually hits anyone who still has the puck.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario

Please do that.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Another response besides all of the others...

McLeod is a winger, Cliche is a center who can't win a face-off to save his life.

IMO Cliche has a much bigger impact when it comes to the on ice suckage.

I personally think McLeod goes as his center goes. When you have someone like Mitchell who can control the play and really crash and bang, then McLeods simple game is perfect. However if his center is not driving possession or winning face-offs McLeod looks useless. McLeod is not going to do those things himself, hes a wrecking ball, and has about the same level of hockey IQ.

Edit : Call me crazy, but if Tanguay still does not work on Duchy's line, I'd much rather see a McLeod - Mitchell - Briere third line. At least McLeod can separate someone from the puck. Not that it's going to happen...

I really hope Tanguay does not continue to cement himself as this years Parenteau, the forward who has no place on the team if he can't hang with the top 6

This is something I don't understand from people this season. What's with all the Tanguay hate? Yes, a couple bad interference penalties from not moving his feet, but I attribute that more to his hip surgery and getting back into the swing of things, skating 100% again rather than lack of effort.

Tanguay has been one of the only players this season who has brought a 100% effort in every single game. The guy has been throwing his weight around with reckless abandon and I never thought I'd see him do that. He's taking big hits to make plays as well. He is definitely not this season's Parenteau. Parenteau looked like he could care less half the time last season and just coasted around because he wasn't where he thought he deserved to be, even though he didn't deserve to play top 6 last season.

Tanguay actually looks like he's a fit for the 3rd line alongside Mitchell. I thought those two played very well last game vs Montreal. The Tanguay hate around here has got to stop.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Tanguay actually looks like he's a fit for the 3rd line alongside Mitchell. I thought those two played very well last game vs Montreal. The Tanguay hate around here has got to stop.

Well who do you suggest for the whipping boy? :sarcasm: :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad