Pre-Game Talk: Panthers at Penguins - Derrick Pouliot debut tonight and NOOOOO Adams !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I am nervous about tonight's game. I want the defense to showcase itself so we can stop thinking we need all that money on the back end. DEspres/Letang need to roll tonight.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Damn, I had to sell my tickets for this game to go to the symphony tonight and now I'm gonna miss the first Adams-less game in 5 years?!? :(

Hope you got full Adams-less value for your tickets. I'm sure there's fans that would pay more to not watch Adams play. Kind of the opposite of a Crosby or Malkin. :laugh:

penguins2946*

Pouliot will probably be getting limited minutes tonight because he played last night for WBS and it's his first game. I'd be surprised if he broke 14 minutes tonight.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
“It’s exciting,” Pouliot said. “I played last night, so I’m a little tired coming in, but it’s exciting. I’m really excited to get it going … It was a late night. We got in last night, but that’s part of it. It’s unexpected and it happens.

“It’s very exciting and I’m very happy to be here.”

He sounds really calm and cool about his debut.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Thank goodness Brenden Morrow is still in the league, we can ship Pouliot to Tampa for him

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I'd go with:

Hornqvist - Crosby - Rust
Malkin - Sutter - Comeau
Farnham - Spaling - Downie
Kilnhammer - Goc - Ebbett

Despres - Letang
Harrington - Dumoulin
Pouliot - Scuderi

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
I'd go with:

Hornqvist - Crosby - Rust
Malkin - Sutter - Comeau
Kilnhammer - Goc - Ebbett

Despres - Letang
Harrington - Dumoulin
Pouliot - Scuderi

Kunitz is likely playing.

penguins2946*

Thank goodness Brenden Morrow is still in the league, we can ship Pouliot to Tampa for him

I know you're just joking here, but Pouliot is a monumentally better prospect than Morrow. Pouliot already has more points in his rookie season in 23 games than Morrow had in his rookie season in like 65 games.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
wild news about adams being out. i wonder whose call it was since craig undoubtedly has played through a lot of issues throughout his run. either way, johnston no longer has to even consider the streak when making personnel decisions, which i hope was never a factor but can never be too sure.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
even better.

Kunitz - Crosby - Hornqvist
Malkin - Sutter - Comeau
Kilnhammer - Goc - Rust

Despres - Letang
Harrington - Dumoulin
Pouliot - Scuderi

Weird, that lineup is actually just... nice to look at. Thinking about printing it out and framing it.

penguins2946*

@emptynetters: Christian Ehrhoff now listed as being on injured reserve per the team's Web site roster.

That doesn't sound good.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Weird, that lineup is actually just... nice to look at. Thinking about printing it out and framing it.

Lets hope Johnston agrees. When Beau's back he slots in somewhere in the top 9 and Rust drops out (Rust has been good but for 4/5 minutes a night Farnham makes more sense.)

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Jason Mackey @Mackey_Trib
The last time the Penguins' could deploy their top power play unit was Nov. 28.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad