Pre-Game Talk: Panthers at Penguins - Derrick Pouliot debut tonight and NOOOOO Adams !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whakahere

Jan 27, 2004
Germany
The curse of adams is over. Now we can go from being an injury prone team to one that .... has a full roster. I believe!!

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
The Penguins are using 3 fill ins on the blueline tonight?

Let's go live, to Ray Shero

tumblr_inline_n1ojj6zKaC1qknuzb.gif

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
we're gonna give up 10 PP goals tonight, Adams will get an extension

Either that or in a desperate move, JR trades one of our stable of D prospects to the Rangers to bring Tanner Glass back.

I think it's interesting that when my family was going through myriad orthopedic issues, we (humble working class stiffs) generally got conclusive MRI results overnight or close to it. However, Pens seem to have to wait days before they receive test results. Olli's kind of a unique situation if he's seeking a second opinion on a complex issue, but still . . . .

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
It's sad we have to rejoice about an injury taking out a guy who is easily 2-3 years past his expiry date. I can't believe he has never been a healthy scratch since 2009. That's so insane it makes my head throb.

I've never seen anything like this in all my years watching this game, and I doubt I ever will again.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
It's sad we have to rejoice about an injury taking out a guy who is easily 2-3 years past his expiry date. I can't believe he has never been a healthy scratch since 2009. That's so insane it makes my some throb.

I've never seen anything like this in all my years watching this game, and I doubt I ever will again.

until he plays the next 318

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
The Penguins are using 3 fill ins on the blueline tonight?

Let's go live, to Ray Shero

tumblr_inline_n1ojj6zKaC1qknuzb.gif

Ray would never wear a shirt that god awful....

I'm deducting the last of your remaining cool points for making me look at that.

Nei1ey*

i hope our 4th line scores all our goals tonight, so Adams value drops a bit.

penguins2946*

I'm so happy Pouliot is playing tonight. I'm guessing Despres will play with Letang and Harrington will play with Dumoulin.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Defensively way may have a little trouble for obvious reasons.

Tell you what though. If they all have the same permission to come down the wall to pinch and keep the cycle going, the offense is going to be fun to watch.

Again, it's not about the results, but the process. I can deal with some growing pains but for the first time in a looong time, I'm genuinely excited for a regular season game.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
Curious how the pk will look without Martin, maatta, and Adams.

If the holiday trade freeze was not already in effect I would be wondering about Martin's sitting out

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Defensively way may have a little trouble for obvious reasons.

Tell you what though. If they all have the same permission to come down the wall to pinch and keep the cycle going, the offense is going to be fun to watch.

Again, it's not about the results, but the process. I can deal with some growing pains but for the first time in a looong time, I'm genuinely excited for a regular season game.

Fortunately it's the Panthers, although we usually have at least one klunker per season against them.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Spaling-Sid-Horny
Kunitz-Geno-Comeau
Farnham-Sutter-Downie (Farnham and Downie needs to be a thing)
Klink-Goc-Rust

God, I never thought we could come up with realistic line combos that didn't involve Adams being in there. I can't even begin to express how happy I am right now. I don't like that a guy has to get hurt for him to be out of the lineup, but it is what it is.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Spaling-Sid-Horny
Kunitz-Geno-Comeau
Farnham-Sutter-Downie (Farnham and Downie needs to be a thing)
Klink-Goc-Rust

God, I never thought we could come up with realistic line combos that didn't involve Adams being in there. I can't even begin to express how happy I am right now. I don't like that a guy has to get hurt for him to be out of the lineup, but it is what it is.

Me too man, me too.

So psyched to watch the game tonight.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Rob Rossi @RobRossi_Trib
Told I was critical of his video performance, a smiling Crosby said, 'what else is new? It's Rob.' He wins, per usual.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
If ever a time a thread deserved amazing gifs... this is it.

NO CRAIG FREAKING ADAMS! YES YES YES YES YES

AgentM

Jan 4, 2008
Allison Park, PA
Damn, I had to sell my tickets for this game to go to the symphony tonight and now I'm gonna miss the first Adams-less game in 5 years?!? :(

penguins2946*

Over/under 3 failed PPs for Pouliot to get put on the top unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad