Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Arizona Oct. 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Flying to AZ. tonight. So pumped to see the Panthers. I think this will be a tough contest for both teams, but I like our chances here. To me the key to the game will be keeping it 5 on 5. If the boys get caught taking stupid penalties they will have their work cut out for them.

Hoping Barkov can build on the Colorado game. And Bjugstad is due to light the lamp. Guy has created some stellar chances lately. Has to get rewarded at some point.

Agreed I was surprised to see Coyotes have top 10 PP.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
I'd like to see the Bjugstad from last year vs Detroit when he stiff armed Datysuk and shelved it on Howard and when he stole a cross ice pass in the d zone, turned on the jets and scored on Gustavsson on a breakaway.

I'd like to see the Bjugstad from last year vs Toronto when he manhandled Phaneuf along the boards all night and when he had the two goal game late in the season.

I'd like to see the Bjugstad from last year vs Ottawa, when he just bulled his way to the net and scored. He did this pretty much once a game last season. Why have I only seen this once in 6 games thus far? The one time was the last game. It was an amazing play and a bogus call by the referee to top off a night of crap from the refs.

i'd like to see the bjugstad from last game when he was holding off the avs players like they were little kids, looking to make a good pass but then just thought to himself, "****it imma score this goal myself" and charged the net. the only thing i'd like to see different is that he acually scores and don't get called for goalie interference :handclap:

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
I'll be missing the game tomorrow, will be at Halloween Horror Nights (although I will be checking the score periodically)

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I'd like to see the Bjugstad from last year vs Detroit when he stiff armed Datysuk and shelved it on Howard and when he stole a cross ice pass in the d zone, turned on the jets and scored on Gustavsson on a breakaway.

I'd like to see the Bjugstad from last year vs Toronto when he manhandled Phaneuf along the boards all night and when he had the two goal game late in the season.

I'd like to see the Bjugstad from last year vs Ottawa, when he just bulled his way to the net and scored. He did this pretty much once a game last season. Why have I only seen this once in 6 games thus far? The one time was the last game. It was an amazing play and a bogus call by the referee to top off a night of crap from the refs.

He started being that player last game. Better than showing that the first game then disappearing.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
Actually, I put Bjugstad's penalties in the offensive zone and during a power play right up there with Upshall's.... I just love how our fans love picking a whipping boy and latch on to him. Taje Upshall out of the lineup and you lose what little grit you have on this team. He brings a lot more than your knit-picking penalties to the team. Maybe he belongs in the 3rd line, agree... but if you put a line of Hubby-Bjugs-Pirri I just don't see that line winning too many board battles (maybe Bjugs) or bringing a constant motor... similar to what Bergy does on the Barkov line.

Upshall has 8 hits in 6 games. If that's all the grit this team has, it's pretty pathetic.

yes, Upshall is supposed to be one of our "grit" guys. but he hasn't been.

Bjugstad has taken some undisciplined penalties, no doubt, but he actually brings some offensive ability that Upshall doesn't. We can't afford to lose that ability with how ridiculously goal-starved we are.

the board work/intangibles that Upshall is supposed to bring can be replaced by a more disciplined Jimmy Hayes if Upshall doesn't quit with the idiotic play.

another reason I really wouldn't mind Upshall being benched is he is a terrible penalty killer, yet Gallant continues to use him there. although that's not exactly Upshall's fault, i'd put that on Gallant's shoulders for not recognizing it.

and also, don't stereotype me with "other fans" as, more often than not, my opinion goes wayyyy against the grain here. the amount of times i've gotten bashed here for a differing opinion is absurd.

Erased

Jun 18, 2014
järnkrok is the best name in the NHL right now, translates to iron hook

It doesn't roll of the tongue very well though IMO. I hope that Lammikko makes it up with the big club one day just because of how fun it is to say his name. Just imagine you are Leeroy Jenkins rushing into battle early like a madman screaming JUHOoooo LA-MMMMMIKKOoooo. Its incredibly fun.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Actually, I put Bjugstad's penalties in the offensive zone and during a power play right up there with Upshall's.... I just love how our fans love picking a whipping boy and latch on to him. Taje Upshall out of the lineup and you lose what little grit you have on this team. He brings a lot more than your knit-picking penalties to the team. Maybe he belongs in the 3rd line, agree... but if you put a line of Hubby-Bjugs-Pirri I just don't see that line winning too many board battles (maybe Bjugs) or bringing a constant motor... similar to what Bergy does on the Barkov line.

Bergenheim is way more gritty than Scotty; and Thornton, Guds, MacKenzie and Bolland are also grittier than him and they don't take dumb penalties. Scotty becomes the 'whipping boy' because he earns it over and over. How many times has the play deflated when it comes his way? It's been way too much this year. He needs to step it up.

and also, don't stereotype me with "other fans" as, more often than not, my opinion goes wayyyy against the grain here. the amount of times i've gotten bashed here for a differing opinion is absurd.

It's not your differing opinions that get you bashed.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Bergenheim is way more gritty than Scotty; and Thornton, Guds, MacKenzie and Bolland are also grittier than him and they don't take dumb penalties. Scotty becomes the 'whipping boy' because he earns it over and over. How many times has the play deflated when it comes his way? It's been way too much this year. He needs to step it up.
Yup, it seems as if Upshall has stepped away from the style he usually plays for whatever reason, maybe the top6 minutes finally got to him.

Gallant needs to put him in his place through a game in the popcorn section or a demotion to the 4th line.

It's not your differing opinions that get you bashed.
For the record, disagreeing with someone doesn't equal bashing.

The point/argument/whatever has to be about the post and not the poster, making it personal is against site rules and those kind of posts will be removed/edited.

Last edited:

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Stay out of the penalty box, and perhaps good things will happen.

Nothing good comes of taking a penalty. That much is basic.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
If we can stop handing the other team PP's, it would be a game changer on its own. Time to start benching the guys taking lazy/stupid penalties.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
If we can stop handing the other team PP's, it would be a game changer on its own. Time to start benching the guys taking lazy/stupid penalties.

100%. This is the easiest thing for us to change and with our 5 on 5 play would definitely translate to getting more points.

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
I'm really curious to see how they're going to play. I think that this game will be really telling for us. I expect a lot of guys to be playing at their best, so we can finally be at above .500 after two seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad