Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Arizona Oct. 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Don't underestimate the Coyotes. Like someone else mentioned, it's tough to outwork that team. If you don't you're most likely going to lose..simple as that. This won't be an easy game by any means.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
Gudbranson was trying to clear the zone by shooting the puck against the glass. Unfortunately it went a little high.

Upshall blatantly cheated.

nah nah, don't try that. if you put it like that guddy also cheeted when he was stressed out and wanted a whistle or something when he shot that puck out of state.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
If I remember, 'Yotes gave us a hard time last year. Swept us, actually.

I think it's fair to say this Panthers team is better than last year's, while Arizona's is worse.

Never under estimate Tippet's Coyotes. One of the hardest working teams in the league.

Don't underestimate the Coyotes. Like someone else mentioned, it's tough to outwork that team. If you don't you're most likely going to lose..simple as that. This won't be an easy game by any means.

If they don't split these games at the minimum, I'll be disappointed.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
He has played well enough for a Panthers 3rd liner. Shore could done the same job if not better and healthy. 5.5M$ for 3rd liner with huge injury issues.

Why keep whining about it? He's actually been a decent player for us so far, especially defensively. It gets boring.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
Gudbranson was trying to clear the zone by shooting the puck against the glass. Unfortunately it went a little high.

Upshall blatantly cheated.

don't forget the part where Gudbranson's clearing attempt actually hit the glass, so it shouldn't have even been a penalty.

Upshall has taken some of the dumbest penalties i've ever seen this year. It has to stop or he needs to be benched. we have the depth to actually bench players for stupid/bad play.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
don't forget the part where Gudbranson's clearing attempt actually hit the glass, so it shouldn't have even been a penalty.

Upshall has taken some of the dumbest penalties i've ever seen this year. It has to stop or he needs to be benched. we have the depth to actually bench players for stupid/bad play.

Actually, I put Bjugstad's penalties in the offensive zone and during a power play right up there with Upshall's.... I just love how our fans love picking a whipping boy and latch on to him. Taje Upshall out of the lineup and you lose what little grit you have on this team. He brings a lot more than your knit-picking penalties to the team. Maybe he belongs in the 3rd line, agree... but if you put a line of Hubby-Bjugs-Pirri I just don't see that line winning too many board battles (maybe Bjugs) or bringing a constant motor... similar to what Bergy does on the Barkov line.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
The manic-ness of this board is great. 3 games ago we suck, the coach sucks, our sophomores suck, our free agents suck the team is moving. Win 2 games out of three to get to 2-2-2. We better not have a let down and lose to Arizona. Man this team is going to put all of us in the looney bin. Looking for Barky and Bjugstad to keep improving. Be nice if they could stop taking stupid penalties as well (Upshall).

You just now realized that watching this team makes people go insane? ;)

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
Just noticed, we are actually second best in the league in goal against in 5 vs 5 with just 5 goals in 6 games (Wilds got 2 goals against in 5 games), but worst in the league in BP. If we just could fi our BP then it would start to look kinda good.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Just noticed, we are actually second best in the league in goal against in 5 vs 5 with just 5 goals in 6 games (Wilds got 2 goals against in 5 games), but worst in the league in BP. If we just could fi our BP then it would start to look kinda good.
I don't think the PK has been that bad per say, but the amount of stupid penalties and sketchy calls has been too high.

When you take unnecessary penalties against a skilled team like Tampa or Colorado, you're going to pay for it. Lack of discipline is a major reason that's holding this team back.

UtahPanther

Sep 4, 2014
Salt Lake City
Flying to AZ. tonight. So pumped to see the Panthers. I think this will be a tough contest for both teams, but I like our chances here. To me the key to the game will be keeping it 5 on 5. If the boys get caught taking stupid penalties they will have their work cut out for them.

Hoping Barkov can build on the Colorado game. And Bjugstad is due to light the lamp. Guy has created some stellar chances lately. Has to get rewarded at some point.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
The team looked confident the last couple of games. Hopefully we can put together some wins now that we've finally scored goals. We have a tough stretch coming up in mid/late november and need to have some points banked to deal with some L's.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Yeah. He was very visible last game :shakehead

We get it, the amount and the term are bad and Bolland doesn't deserve the contract. But that's not going to change so there's no reason to keep complaining about it. Bolland isn't a guy that's going to be super valuable during the regular season, but he's extremely valuable in the playoffs. As a Blackhawks fan, I saw firsthand how effective he is at shutting down the opponents top line. The Sedins were virtually invisible when he was on the ice, Joe Thornton's line was negated, and many other top lines were shut down during his years in Chicago. He can also score timely goals. Bolland isn't a guy that thrives in the open play of the regular season. You really notice him when the space tightens up and games are more conservative in the playoffs. Is he worth $5.5 million/year? No. Should he have been signed for 5 years? No. Is it the worst contract the team has ever had? Absolutely not. He's a solid complementary piece on a playoff team, and hopefully this team gives him the opportunity to prove his worth in the playoffs soon.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I'd like to see the Bjugstad from last year vs Detroit when he stiff armed Datysuk and shelved it on Howard and when he stole a cross ice pass in the d zone, turned on the jets and scored on Gustavsson on a breakaway.

I'd like to see the Bjugstad from last year vs Toronto when he manhandled Phaneuf along the boards all night and when he had the two goal game late in the season.

I'd like to see the Bjugstad from last year vs Ottawa, when he just bulled his way to the net and scored. He did this pretty much once a game last season. Why have I only seen this once in 6 games thus far? The one time was the last game. It was an amazing play and a bogus call by the referee to top off a night of crap from the refs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad