Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Arizona Oct. 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
2 games in 10 days...

Arizona doesn't look like their good coaching will save them this year.

89 Mikkel Boedker - 50 Antoine Vermette - 19 Shane Doan (C)
36 Rob Klinkhammer - 9 Sam Gagner - 10 Martin Erat
28 Lauri Korpikoski -24 Kyle Chipchura - 18 Dave Moss
22 Brandon McMillan - 14 Joe Vitale - 44 B.J. Crombeen

23 Oliver Ekman-Larsson - 4 Zbynek Michalek
3 Keith Yandle (A) - 26 Mike Stone
6 Dave Schlemko - 5 Connor Murphy

Smith
Dubnyk

Who sits assuming Bolland comes back?

Lampshade85

Oct 29, 2010
Florida
It isn't really that impressive, I'd agree but I would hope our guys don't get too full of themselves and lose a game they should have won because of that. These guys can't afford to lose games over that type of sillyness.

I would say Upshall should sit because of the bad penalties over the past few games. If not him then Thornton.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
The manic-ness of this board is great. 3 games ago we suck, the coach sucks, our sophomores suck, our free agents suck the team is moving. Win 2 games out of three to get to 2-2-2. We better not have a let down and lose to Arizona. Man this team is going to put all of us in the looney bin. Looking for Barky and Bjugstad to keep improving. Be nice if they could stop taking stupid penalties as well (Upshall).

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I'd like to see Upshall get left in Arizona. The play in the offensive zone just deflates when he's on the ice, it's almost clockwork. He seems to never be in the right spot, have his stick on the ice, or plain flubs it. I think he should get moved off that line in favor of Pirri.

I'd like to see Scottie and Flash moved, though, I know we won't get much for em.

Olax

Jun 15, 2009
Who sits assuming Bolland comes back?

Barkov and Bjugstad are locks, MacKenzie has been just awesome and so has Pirri in the two games he's played in. BUT.. Bolland with his status is pretty much a lock too when healthy. So this leaves us with only two possible scenarios. And boy do I hope for the second one:

1) Pirri/MacK will be scratched and depending who it is, Bolland will center either 3rd or 4th line.

2) Pirri (or Bjugstad) will be moved to wing and tried out for a game or two. This way we can just scratch someone like Flash or Thornton.

Kinda suck that Bolland is back so soon since the 3rd line of Flash-Pirri-Jokinen seemed to click last game pretty well. Pirri pretty much makes that line a offensive threat since he's the guy who can shoot. Bolland would probably make it a little more of a checking line that can't finish. If I was the coach, I'd just scratch Flash and put Bolland in to center Pirri and Jokinen. Pirri-Bolland-Jokinen kinda sounds like it could be a pretty effective 3rd line both offensively and defensively.

-L-

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
No pressure for Bolland to get back. That said I don't think we really need Thornton next game. If Bolland is back bump Upshall down and put Pirri in his spot. Or maybe even try Bolland out on Bjug's line?

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Bolland has already become the worst signing we've ever made

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Bolland has already become the worst signing we've ever made

He's played well enough in the games he has played in. His injuries woes are a concern though. Its that contract that is the real killer. I want to give him more time before I get the knives out.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
We've had much worse contracts than Bolland. Olesz and Jovo most recently. I hate the length more than the amount, but I understand why he's pretty much a lock to play as he's the ideal third line Center.

If I had to choose of who to sit, I'm going with Upshall. I just can't stand his careless penalties that are killing us. Way too many of the opposition goals are when we're on the penalty kill. I don't want to blame the bad officiating, but we have to help our case by being disciplined with that in mind.

From looking at that Coyotes roster on paper, it looks even less impressive than Buffalo's. It could also be because I don't know the West as well. We didn't fare well against them last season as they play with passion. I've liked what I've seen from the Panthers overall so far this season, so if they just stay out of the box and keep the same game as they did in Colorado up, I don't think there's a reason to lose and get 7 of 8 points on this road trip.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
nah, bench flash and keep upshall in the line-up. didn't flash & jokinen play pk against colorado? he's not a pk guy but upshall is. fleichmann's game is not suited for bottom 6 but upshall is just that kind of energy player.
put pirri on the second and upshall on the third instead of flash and voilá.

the thing is flash can't play top 6 nor bottom 6. nor powerplay. and please spare me all this crap bout him beeing snakebitten and what not. 8 goals last season and he still hasn't found the net guys.. and thats from our supposed go-to-guy on offence. please.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I'd like to see Upshall get left in Arizona. The play in the offensive zone just deflates when he's on the ice, it's almost clockwork. He seems to never be in the right spot, have his stick on the ice, or plain flubs it. I think he should get moved off that line in favor of Pirri.

Totally agree. And even Thornton gets a chance or two a game where as Upshall seems to just be running around.

Granted I'm not a fan of Upshall. I didn't like some of his lockout comments and don't like when he embellishes hits on him.

-ghoste

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
nah, bench flash and keep upshall in the line-up. didn't flash & jokinen play pk against colorado? he's not a pk guy but upshall is. fleichmann's game is not suited for bottom 6 but upshall is just that kind of energy player.

Flash played better on the pk than Upshall, he's got better stats. Upshall and Bolland have been really bad this year on the PK.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
Flash played better on the pk than Upshall, he's got better stats. Upshall and Bolland have been really bad this year on the PK.

don't know who was on the ice during the game against colorado when they scored their goals but our pk didn't work well overall during that game. and yeah, i know, upshall took a stupid penalty that game. so did guddy.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Never under estimate Tippet's Coyotes. One of the hardest working teams in the league.
I hopped aboard the Coyotes bandwagon at the start of the lockout season, and this cliche hasn't been true since I got here. Team blows hot and cold and is basically a middling 2nd line, a good 3rd, a good 4th and a bad 4th. What was a heavy, mean defense during the 2012 playoffs is now a light, soft defense. Even OEL has been pretty meh this season.

We're starting a "Mike Smith's GAA vs Fan GPA" tracker over there, because nobody in forum=40 is as good at college as our defense has been bad at hockey.

Looking forward to the game, love seeing the other Sunbelt teams, but this one is wide open.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
He's played well enough in the games he has played in. His injuries woes are a concern though. Its that contract that is the real killer. I want to give him more time before I get the knives out.

He has played well enough for a Panthers 3rd liner. Shore could done the same job if not better and healthy. 5.5M$ for 3rd liner with huge injury issues.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
There is no chance Gallant scratches Upshall an alternate captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad